What did I tell you???

Mikey P

Administrator
but couldn't this be a relatively isolated failure on the T. rex?

correct.

Isolated to the units actually used by goofy ass carpet cleaners who bounce them down steps, don't tie them down securely into vans, let them roll down driveways, use them for CAD rodeo horses or god only knows what Walt did to his.

Probably hung his rain coat on the handle.

Reactions: Russ T.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
correct.

Isolated to the units actually used by goofy ass carpet cleaners who bounce them down steps, don't tie them down securely into vans, let them roll down driveways, use them for CAD rodeo horses or god only knows what Walt did to his.

Probably hung his rain coat on the handle.

Hey now - you just described a few of my guys to a tee.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Mikey P

Administrator
if I were John or any company without a RnD budget I'd send all tool prototypes over to Ken Snow and his band of overpaid orangutans for at least 9 months.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Cu's opinion was biased due to a business relationship, or a potential business relationship ... right?

I know this place is a hard place to be if you are a mfg or dist, but good lord it is a wonderful R&D resource.

I can't imagine not using this place for that, and I would avoid that other place like the plague.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Sometimes you really have to do your homework to avoid the hordes of online SHILLS for people.

Just because someone sends them a gallon of product or a try out of a piece of equipment they think they have to repay in over zealous comments.

They are in fact industry WHORES and the dist/supplier/maker is their pimp.

Mikey P

Administrator
Sometimes you really have to do your homework to avoid the hordes of online SHILLS for people.

Just because someone sends them a gallon of product or a try out of a piece of equipment they think they have to repay in over zealous comments.

They are in fact industry WHORES and the dist/supplier/maker is their pimp.

and some pimps channel all their Johns to one new Ho in particular, who gets paid less than all his old loyal tried and true bitches.:eekk:

FredC

Village Idiot
Well...ya know Sam is saying "Well You know Mike's saying I told you so."

as you should....seeing material failures like this....after PUBLICLY EXPRESSING concern over the materials...even without a community college SolidWorks/CAD certificate....should show how obvious of a screw up it was to use

but hey...there are plenty of folks out their cleaning 1-2 jobs a day that use their CF WAND on half the jobs they do that only have to get their wand replaced replaced every two years or so.........................so its only to be expected that your shit break on a higher stress machine especially if you clean an outrageous number of jobs per day...like 3-4...........

REALLY? Your wand BROKE...the TUBE BROKE...... in less than two years WITH LIGHT USE...and you are a rabid supporter cause they sent you...a vocal member of the boards............a free replacement. WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD HAPPEN..................the sad part is they sent you the EXACT SAME SHIT that broke.............................and you're raving about how great they are......REALLY?...........
(not Sam BTW)

Certainly better than spending the money on a good wand................................especially if you are cleaning Larry's carpet rather than what most CCs see...................sure to be a top cleaning wand...................

****Ken Snow will not understand this....but those that need to or are "involved" in the convo will
*****At least vikings get it....they just haven't caught on that they are losing brain power associating with folks that don't.......

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Admin Radar was pissed as hell over his pos M5 when he couldn't every use it with out it breaking down. Now its "was too big"...lol.liar.

100k spent defending us poor cleaner.yeah... With hus carbon fiber pajama lawyer who lost...

When little ol Lisa lost /far more than that AND won.

Little miss Starstruck is only chiming in so his buddies Cu and Les don't lose money.

And NO, Mytee does not have a RnD department in any sense of the word.

Unless Deron is Latin for development...

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I didn't see this thread when I wrote that but I remember mike saying the shaft won't last.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Did you know they make motorcycle helmets out of carbon fiber? I would assume that they are tested for shattering on impact and such....wonder what the difference is?

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
Regardless of material, a helmet is replace after a drop or fall Lisa.

A helmet is never subjected to repetitive stress.

Early carbon bicycle frames were "screwed and glued" together lived a short life. Now the frames are laid up in forms to eliminate any seamed joints. Failures are still common when dropped "just right" onto a sharp rock.

The flex I felt on the TREX was the first clue, the screws going into the tube joint areas were the second.

Recalled and replaced with a steel tube. Just watch.

Like Fred said, if Radar can break a carbon wand with his work load, If I ever used that thing for more than just a few frustrating jobs I would have busted it in just a few months.

If a carbon tube had any real benefits to REs or wands don't you think real tool companies like Prochem, Hydramaster, Rotovac, PMF, Westpak or CMP would have been using it by now?

Reactions: FB7777

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya cuz the same guy who posted here posted there, I'm well aware of where I posted it.

FredC

Village Idiot
Sorry Sam....didn't mean it as a jab at you...should have left it out

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Get what you pay for with equipment over the long term, if something is 30-40% cheaper their is a reason why.....

but forget about trying to explain that to carpet cleaners, they are always trying to beat the system.

F

FB7777

Mytee is KNOWN for low cost, only a fool would believe that they don't find lower cost components to achieve their highly competitive prices

I own a Mytee portable, but only because I use it less than once a month and wanted a dual 3 stage no heat system for under a grand

I own a used RX20 that is probably 15 years old, built like a tank

Wands , machines and everyday tools should be the best you can buy/ afford based on your long term use

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
That's a shame because I've heard such good things about how they cleaned. I currently use the Rotovac 360i myself

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Sorry Sam....didn't mean it as a jab at you...should have left it out

Its cool I was just saying what Mike said would happen, I don't ride bikes or deal with carbon fiber.

If you want to talk video games or hdtv or computers I'm your guy.

As for drama I try to stay away from that. If I was getting dramatic I apologize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I had other portable machines and I did not find their performance or durability to be better than Mytee's. I've had- Cheyene, Castex, KleenRight and currently I have a Mytee 1003-DX & M-5. The 1003 DX I've been using for over 5 years, it gets used on average once or twice a week and is doing mostly fine (handle that controls PSI is a little non responsive).

Sometime Mytee will use some silly cheap solutions that could have been done with slightly better components and would have worked much better (a latch instead of screws to be able to open and reach motors). And that's just doesn't make any sense (somewhat silly if you ask me) I even told john the same.

And I totally agree with Fred that you should buy the best equipment that you can afford. Which brings me to what really drives me bunkers- Expensive equipment that is not well made. And boy do we see those. Are those $4000.00 portables really better made machines? Are they likely to last longer? Is their performance any better? Are their components more durable?
Please enlighten me Fred, as to which is it. I've never found one in the portable domain. And if I do, I'll make sure that it is the next one I buy.

So, I encourage people that use portables all the time and have had experience with different brands to chime in. Let us see if there is a statistically valid winner in the field.

And in a sense this is exactly what we are doing now. There is a flaw in design, lets see how Mytee handles it and how do they solve the problem. Like many others here, I personally try not to buy anything first or even second generation, and for a good reason. I'll gladly let the early birds get the worm :winky:.

P.S. I've been hearing great things from the CRI about Rug Doctor :razz:.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Mytee does make a good (enough) portable. Wiring and plumbing were pretty bad five or so years ago but they have stepped it up since getting "On Board" in that regard.

My main beef with them have been the electric sprayers, wands, lint filters and the not ready for prime time Trex. Did RV and Hoss have some issues?, sure but I've yet to hear of either having their heads bust clean off.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i know some of you read the other board as well...but some dont...so i am going to post this here as well.....as i gather others probably feel the same way i do

1st off. I bought one of mytees waste tanks, back when i had my old machine...was great, and i could see advantage of using it coupled with another.....I told John about an idea I had about putting the blower access on top...he hasnt, but sent me out a free one....and some gaskets to make it work...for free no less....

bought and used some of their cuffs (trying to help at the time the "cause") some broke, i told him and sent me out some more...free...

They broke as well, and i am sure they would send me some more...BUT there comes a point...either by continually getting more free, or the fact they keep breaking... Either way i was done, and now use Joes...

so that is out of the way...they take great care of their custys...

The ISSUES that KEEPS SURFACING!!!!

Mike and Bobs on going pis-sing match....which i have voiced my issue with before....and i know mike reads here to soooooo BOTH JUST STF-U

if you either has issue with what other company then so be it....deal with it...throw it out here (public view)or dont...but the fact you both make it so personal is getting old.....

Bob....i remember quiet a few posts from mike, about issues with the 360, as well as the hoss...

so to say it hasnt happened is a lie...

I think it may have been sam that brought up other past things getting fixed due to being made public....

it is a different world to do business in with the web and all...and if your boys arent big enough to deal with it....then maybe you should get out of the game.....

in the end, I am getting tired of the soap opera between you 2, and it is causing an awful big amount of sh-it i have to trek through to read the good useful posts.....

tank picture

IMAG0101.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom