What did I tell you???

hogjowl

Idiot™
It is extremely rude to dismiss a person by telling them to do a search. Expecially from the head buttwad of the forum.

And, another thing ... just what whiney-ass gets his feelings hurt by US being called the "bad boys" of carpet cleaning?

If there is ANY group of cleaners that deserve that title, it's US!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I see no bad boys here.

Besides I prefer to be called good.......no actually.....I prefer to be called great! Yea that's it, from this day forward I will only answer to Richard "The Great". :winky: Has a ring to it.....not sure why. :oldrolleyes:

Now don't confuse me with the Great Oz....who personally I have yet to find to be so great. :eekk:
He's good alright, I'll give him that, the guy knows his shit, but great? I think not! :p

Shut up Porkchop!
LOL

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I see no bad boys here.

Besides I prefer to be called good.......no actually.....I prefer to be called great! Yea that's it, from this day forward I will only answer to Richard "The Great". :winky: Has a ring to it.....not sure why. :oldrolleyes:

Now don't confuse me with the Great Oz....who personally I have yet to find to be so great. :eekk:
He's good alright, I'll give him that, the guy knows his shit, but great? I think not! :p

Shut up Porkchop!
LOL

Looked it up...

Best i could find was Richard the great
But after he died was Alfred The Great

and he has a statue....

king-alfred-2_2471046b.jpg

:p

Name
Torrey Whitaker
Do a search here Torrey.
I will. That's why I asked though, didnt realize there was any talk about it.

Do you really want to open up this can of worms?
Probably not. Just curious to hear all opinions..

You see this is what I told you the other day, I know he is not new but still.

But never mind I guess in this case it would be better for the search field to be used instead of what would be fact coming off like a butchering.
Not sure what you mean about me.

It not the carbon fiber that is/was the problem......its putting a hole in the carbon fiber that weakened it and causes it to snap in half......a inch and a half tube about a quarter inch thick.....especially..at that short of a length.... is extremely rigged......until you compromise it.........from that point....it is just a matter of time..........it does not matter who you are or how you treat the machine....once that hole went in there it was game over.............

nothing ridged about that car.....or any of the newer ones on the road anymore.......nothing but over priced disposable pieces of crap anymore.........
I definitely can agree that a hole can break the integrity of any material, but its not uncommon for things to be done like this. The break looks too clean for a stress fracture/break from time continued use, that looks like a one time blunt force trauma accident. But what do I know I'm no CSI...
I've wrecked 2 corvettes and go kart body in my short life. I've seen what fiber glass looks like when smashed.
I envision that tube cracking/flexing/splintering/shattering into a sticky needled mess if it was truly caused by side to side motions.

I don't like Mytee over any other company. I seriously don't care. Personally owning a portable is like owing a golf cart. You just need it once in a while but would never want it for the main use of transportation..

If a few more of these come forward, I would think it is a design flaw and will need changed. And I wouldn't think mytee would balk at doing so. I think the fact they tried it in the first place is cool. But only time will tell.

M

MB Auctions

Perhaps contact Mytee and let them know how carbon fiber should break and when. They are under the assumption that they accidentally put a prototype tube on that unit. No worries though...all the gremlins are accounted for now.

also it appears to be the smaller diameter inner ferrule that broke...not the main tube........but I could be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I will. That's why I asked though, didnt realize there was any talk about it.

Probably not. Just curious to hear all opinions..

Not sure what you mean about me.

I definitely can agree that a hole can break the integrity of any material, but its not uncommon for things to be done like this. The break looks too clean for a stress fracture/break from time continued use, that looks like a one time blunt force trauma accident. But what do I know I'm no CSI...
I've wrecked 2 corvettes and go kart body in my short life. I've seen what fiber glass looks like when smashed.
I envision that tube cracking/flexing/splintering/shattering into a sticky needled mess if it was truly caused by side to side motions.

I don't like Mytee over any other company. I seriously don't care. Personally owning a portable is like owing a golf cart. You just need it once in a while but would never want it for the main use of transportation..

If a few more of these come forward, I would think it is a design flaw and will need changed. And I wouldn't think mytee would balk at doing so. I think the fact they tried it in the first place is cool. But only time will tell.

All due respect T, that sounds spoon fed to me....

You have 0 experience/education in this field, clearly you were sent over to plant a seed of doubt because you are the only one who can.
If i were you i would stop why you still have some respect.

Name
Torrey Whitaker
Due respect?? Man now I feel like somebody! Lol

Sincerely Shane, not a word of that is from anyone. Those are my thoughts. Random and equally as possible to be dead wrong. But that's just my first response when I saw that pic.

There does seem to be definitive opinions in objection to each other on brands on both sides of the Internet pond. But I really don't care.
If my Trex breaks ill be the first to tell you. My rotovac power wand has been a tank and I'm just now selling it after 5 years. The 360i is great for a smaller lightweight rotory, but it is IMO a direct opposite to the Trex. It's weaknesses compared to a Trex are also its strengths if that makes any sense... It's lightweight and smaller, easier to swing around etc. but it's lighter and less beef and built flimsier.
RX20 is still a king in its own way.
I enjoy having all 4.

I have not owned the ugly platypus (RDM) or the Boss Hoss. So I won't comment on what I don't know well first hand.

All I really want to know is what will be the best tool I can have a tech use for no problems and good results. Why everyone gets so up in arms about these things is beyond me..

Last edited by a moderator:

EDS

Name
Ed
For the love of god lets not bring the drama from the other forum here. Just when I though I had escaped ...

Reactions: Mikey P

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
That's a shame, I've heard how good that machine is. I'm personally loving our rotovac 360i for residential however

FredC

Village Idiot

Were they tubes?

Search carbon bike failures.....you will see a lot of "clean" breaks....you will also see in the case of handlebars and steerers they are usually at clamp points..

Name
Torrey Whitaker
Good question Torrey..
Which is the best RE for chimps..
Not sure, rx20 is a proven tank. But it's a tank and that's why many employees will shy from wrestling it into the home..
For the love of god lets not bring the drama from the other forum here. Just when I though I had escaped ...
Agreed. I won't address it.
That's a shame, I've heard how good that machine is. I'm personally loving our rotovac 360i for residential however
Obviously been a great tool. I use it.
Were they tubes?

Search carbon bike failures.....you will see a lot of "clean" breaks....you will also see in the case of handlebars and steerers they are usually at clamp points..
Good point. I guess only time will tell what the truth is,
Clearly??

Not too clear to me.
Torrey seems like a straight shooter as far as I can tell.
thanks. I don't own a manufacturing company so I could really care less what people like. But I'm interested when I see conclusions made off a random pic. Who knows.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Don't make me get in my hot air balloon pal. I've been to Kansas before.

Though Torrey definitely agrees that a hole can break the integrity of any material. Personally, I have my doubts about integrity and or its breakability.

On the other hand Bryan's willingness to mount his hot air balloon and visit Chavez the great.
Now, that my boys, is integrity!

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Regarding the characteristics of the failure point being a "clean break"................."The strength and stiffness of composite tubing is very difficult to compare to metal tubing because of the possible variation in fiber orientation during layup. The strength, stiffness, and weight of composite tube is dictated by fiber modulus, fiber direction/placement, and resin system used."

http://www.carbonfibertubeshop.com/tube properties.html

Mikey P

Administrator
It is extremely rude to dismiss a person by telling them to do a search. Expecially from the head buttwad of the forum.

And, another thing ... just what whiney-ass gets his feelings hurt by US being called the "bad boys" of carpet cleaning?

If there is ANY group of cleaners that deserve that title, it's US!

Torrey is no newb looking for the silver bullet.

I answer more basic questions than any of you, especially YOU Mr IDGAS.

I 'm just getting tired of ragging on that lame wand.

But I suppose Torrey, who foolishly spends all his time on a forum loaded with guys who use crappy single jet $99 tin wands would get to hear how wonderful any upgrade it.

Rob surely won't know, phoney hasn't used a wand in ten years I bet, if ever. But he'll flap his hands around say "I really like that" when in reality he has no clue.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
that stinks Greg, VERY frustrating. i once spoke to the manu/owner of a portable i bought, he told me on the phone he'd send me a part...guess what, i never got it. i sold the portable and moved on. fortunately there are a good # of manu's/distrib's who stick to their word and his was the exception. Excellent Supply, Whittaker and Hruby are great examples from my experience, of company's sticking to their word and bending over backwards.

my Trio had a start up issue a month after i received it. still ran but i sent it back on their dime. i expected a part or 2 to be replaced. a few days later i had a new Trio at my door. Ron Klish & Whitt is great to deal with.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I would love to respond to some of that nonsense but instead think contractors need to decide for themselves, with the best way..... their cash.

not you derek :biggrin:

Reactions: Derek
Name
Lee Stockwell
We like our carbon fiber Bentley wands, albeit with manifolds reworked by my son Justin. It would be kind to call the factory version "adjustable", because it was maddening in use until he cut and rewelded them back together so that the spray pattern was spot on and rigid.

A great concept that needed real world R&D before it would be ready for prime time. Because they could be so easily broken irreparably I felt it was vital to make a rack to keep it up off the floor of the truck.

Can't just weld it back together if you forget. If he sold a holder for it the wand would fare better in busy trucks.

Again, I like the wand, just wish John would take constructive critiqueing as important engineering feedback instead of personal insult.

FredC

Village Idiot
Greg's issue has certainly been a saga but I have to wonder if when he sobered up he just forgot to send the parties offering to help him his address as requested....maybe even with a note that said wtf they got sent an address...........

I only wonder because everyone else that has had issues with the hose seems to have received a replacement. There is also the possibility that Bruders just likes playing with Greg's emotions. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom