• Dust containment system

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Motor size

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Been saying that for years Bawb. Why in the hell would you use your vacuum to use in a home with all of their FILTH going thru your vac and into the air? And you will breathe their GERMS AND BACTERIA into your lungs!
If your machine can't remove dust and dirt from 1/2 inch of fiber without vacuuming you're STUPIT!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
One more thing that is nice about the Kirby. If I do use it on a really nasty I can take the power-head off and power-wash it, change the bag and you are good for the next job. Do that with a box cheapo and see how long your vacuum will last.

the cloth/vinyl bag eventually stinks up too.
for what it costs to replace it , I can buy a bran' shinny new throw away vac that picks up just as well (and better)
Is lighter, easier to clean (pull all the plastic and hoses off and toss 'em in a wash tub rinse with a garden hose) AND has an easy pull-off hose to edge

I'll just never understand why guys cling to antique heavy dinosaurs (Royal/Kirby design ) that make a simple task more work than it needs to be.
You've been convinced by carnival barker side show snake oil salesmen it picks up better ....but it doesn't
Get some brand new carpet pieces and spread measured amounts of dirt and sand and do some side by side test

you'll discover the dinosaur you lug around doesn't pick up any better than a $49 dollar paper bag Bissell Powerforce model

.L.T.A.

Reactions: GeeeAus

Mikey P

Administrator
the cloth/vinyl bag eventually stinks up too.
for what it costs to replace it , I can buy a bran' shinny new throw away vac that picks up just as well (and better)
Is lighter, easier to clean (pull all the plastic and hoses off and toss 'em in a wash tub rinse with a garden hose) AND has an easy pull-off hose to edge

I'll just never understand why guys cling to antique heavy dinosaurs (Royal/Kirby design ) that make a simple task more work than it needs to be.
You've been convinced by carnival barker side show snake oil salesmen it picks up better ....but it doesn't
Get some brand new carpet pieces and spread measured amounts of dirt and sand and do some side by side test

you'll discover the dinosaur you lug around doesn't pick up any better than a $49 dollar paper bag Bissell Powerforce model

.L.T.A.

So you wear a vapor mask when operating those leaky junkers?

Not to protect your lungs but to hide your face in shame....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So you wear a vapor mask when operating those leaky junkers?

Not to protect your lungs but to hide your face in shame....

just seeing a CC'er bring in a vac ..ANY VAC will make 'em fall in love

idiot
...check that, I hate to plagiarize other peeps stuff

you Cueball

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've shared my secret SooPer vacuum with Saiger and Conway.

They will help me determine if I'm full of shit.

@TConway @Mark Saiger

Keep in mind I have no vacuum sponsors here.
I paid for it.
I've used Sanitaire, Kirby's, Sharks, Bissell, ProTeams, Royals, Turbine power heads in my biz so don't doubt my ability to judge a good suck mop

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
It's heavy and is only good for shorter nap carpets. No attachments but it lasts forever with a shot of oil now and then.

I've used a Cert. Pile Brush for many commercial cleanings.

It can even be hooked up to TM vacuum for stubborn "dry powder" jobs.

It is still specified for commercial carpet warranty coverage.
Note timing belt for 1/2HP brush drive.
pilebrush.jpg

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=2525

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
All you idiots need to change your vote to brush roll design. Reason, why? Because after a good prevac in a house, I pull in the CRB, and guess what I find? Dozens of dead rats laying on the carpet from the BRUSHROLL DESIGN ONLY.

Yet, for some reason, most of you still think that suction is most important. DUH!!!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mikey stealing my material again. "Which is the best vacuum?"

It's the one that gets USED.

Mikey P

Administrator

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Proteams are a joke, the brush doesn't hardly if at all, touch the carpet
It's definitely not as good as my Royal. But it's good for the normal jobs that aren't trashed

I know this because my dev filter doesn't have much in it at the end of the job

Royal for trashed. Proteam for normal

Reactions: Nomad74

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You wanna hear something really crazy....and I know it is REDNECK as all get out but still to this day, I have a Bissel the cheapo model that I have taken the suck hose off of, the motor then only drives the beater bar....no water HAS EVER GOTTEN on the motor. In a really bad carpet where there is no way I am going to hook up my vacuum and fill it with all that nasty crap.
I prespray my unit, I turn my TM down to about 12-1500 rpms I take my 1.5 dump hose and hook it to the vacuum that is them hooked to my TM and Devastator Filter, because the carpet has been pre sprayed there is no need for a dust downer, the suck that the vacuum has is very good due to the TM being hooked to it, I pre srub, and pre vac all at the same time....I mean paper clips, thumb tacks, dog food, cat food, and crap for that matter all goes OUTSIDE, no fine particulate floating around for me to breath in.. The beater bar area gets SO full of crap and then the hose just jumps as the clumps of crap gets sucked up and out to the filter.
I would have to say the amount of crap that ends up in my filter is very very close to using a rotary and I hardly ever have to pull the hose and pick up any debris because it wont go up the wand slot of a wand OR a Rotary tool.
I haven't used it in a while but yesterday I told myself you need to put that crap vac back on the van, I actually miss using it. If a crb had a vac hose it WOULD BE KILLER impo.

Reactions: Mark Von*Lay

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This industry keeps going around in circles, reinventing itself every couple of decades. I have a couple of power brushes with big cylindrical brushes that hook up to my TM or portable that spray, brush and extract the carpet all at the same time. Best tool in the world for removing dog hair from carpets. Cleans at about the same speed as a rotary extractor. The only thing that would make it better would be a second counter rotating brush and a second spray bar and extraction port like the Zipper so you could clean in both directions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom