Who are your primary customers?

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Stanley Steemer quote.
We'll take the "masses". They've provided me, my family and many others great careers and livelihoods for the past 40 years (March 6th, 1978 for our 3rd generation franchise).

Some customers are a pains in the ass but most are just "average" people who dont have 1000's of dollars in discretionary income to spend on cleaning their homes.

Mikey P

Administrator
We'll take the "masses". They've provided me, my family and many others great careers and livelihoods for the past 40 years (March 6th, 1978 for our 3rd generation franchise).

Some customers are a pains in the ass but most are just "average" people who dont have 1000's of dollars in discretionary income to spend on cleaning their homes.

Exactly.

But for the same reasons you cant do SS Black, one truckers shouldnt be doing OO Yellow...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you're an OO and are not targeting your marketing to the wealthiest in town, even if that means they make 40k a year, you're a dufus.

Leave the po folk to the multi truckers who send out goobers to play the numbers game..
I’m not a dufus. I just feel that there’s a place to market to the entire area, not just the rich.

Run the $89 two room special to the trailer park, and land 5 of those jobs for the slow day of the week, yet, advertise the dry quick 5star treatment to the neighborhood that aligns withbthe golf course the week after.

Get 3rich jobs, and have the other 10cheap jobs fill in the gap

Damn...California has really made your head bigger than it should be

I’m also chasing a huge property management account and a local college currently. BULK BULK BULK.

DICK!

Name
Jeff T
I helped a guy out the other day, I used my van, and chems. He wanted to split it 50/50. The ticket was 265$ before taxes. I invoiced the customer, and when we left, the first thing he asked was ‘so ow soon can you pay me my half’. Now, if a guy is THAT hard up for a 130$, HES NOT RUNNING A PROFITABLE BUSINESS.... and he told me he was surprised at my total, he said he would have charged 155$....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I helped a guy out the other day, I used my van, and chems. He wanted to split it 50/50. The ticket was 265$ before taxes. I invoiced the customer, and when we left, the first thing he asked was ‘so ow soon can you pay me my half’. Now, if a guy is THAT hard up for a 130$, HES NOT RUNNING A PROFITABLE BUSINESS.... and he told me he was surprised at my total, he said he would have charged 155$....
You should’ve taken over half the ticket. 50/50 doesn’t apply to that situation

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I really have no primary customers. I do everything from working class to ultra rich, 3-story walkups to luxury highrises. I will say I enjoy working to middle class residentially. These are the people who appreciate a quality job and are also the best tippers.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I got a new orimary ceramic barbecue.

A83D6048-F02A-4A0F-9E79-448967BF48E3.jpeg

Reactions: Old Coastie

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
And your price should not be $20 an hour profit like trailer boy's

don't know how long he's been at it
But most O/OPs that are any good* figure it out somewhere between years 5 and 10 they don't have to compete with the Stans and Hogopians of the world

*any good, that is.
Here's the deal though, most think they're pretty good ...but in reality they're not

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I’m not a dufus. I just feel that there’s a place to market to the entire area, not just the rich.

Run the $89 two room special to the trailer park, and land 5 of those jobs for the slow day of the week, yet, advertise the dry quick 5star treatment to the neighborhood that aligns withbthe golf course the week after.

Get 3rich jobs, and have the other 10cheap jobs fill in the gap

Damn...California has really made your head bigger than it should be

I’m also chasing a huge property management account and a local college currently. BULK BULK BULK.

DICK!
Sounds like Matt is adjusting his price to the customer. Doesn't work in my book.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, you eliminate vacuuming? What else? IMO, you're just compromising your reputation by adjusting your quality of service. Just work at a higher price point with premium service and sooner or later you'll make the same amount without working so much. As Larry says... its not rocket surgery. You're just prostituting yourself.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
B6F98397-88F7-408E-BE6E-700D2FBFAC54.jpeg
After all, when you get customers that can afford their own hobo, like my customer today...they can write that check for anything

The dude slept through the whole process HAHAHA

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My point is...when your primary desired customer isn’t on schedule, it’s time to humble yourself and take some bulk jobs for one reason only

Not high profit but

CASH FLOW!!! Profit might not be the desired number you wish to have with this flock, but it will keep the wheels turning to make it through the hard times. After all, the van needs to stay on the road. You get more calls when you’re not staring at the phone at home

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
When I charge less, i move thecwand faster, don’t block and tab legs, I don’t move furniture, I don’t offer red treatment,
My wand speed is only dictated by how much time I have to complete the job. By not blocking and padding, you're doing a half ass job. moving furniture and red Treatment should be dictated by the customer. I charge the same per sq.ft. whether I move furniture or not. The customer will just net less square footage. I almost never do Red treatment and wouldn't include it in my cleaning price.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So, you eliminate vacuuming? What else? IMO, you're just compromising your reputation by adjusting your quality of service. Just work at a higher price point with premium service and sooner or later you'll make the same amount without working so much. As Larry says... its not rocket surgery. You're just prostituting yourself.
I don’t see it being that way at all. The rich have no clue how my pricing is labeled.

Back
Top Bottom