Why you cant put a truckmount in the new Ford Transit.

FredC

Village Idiot

Have they?

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Yes ProChem has said No. Like I said, they said in talking to ford they do not have an approved way of being able to install a TM in a Transit.

Just out of curiosity, Cuz I heard this from someone on Facebook who Jon Don told it to and now I heard it Directly from a ProChem Rep. Why would a ProChem Rep, who's job it is to sell as many truckmounts as he possibly can say "Oh you want a transit? We cant install it in a transit. It Voids the Warranty". How does that help him sell truckmounts?

J

JS41035

Are you guys talking about the little transits? The new 2500 and 3500s definitely have a frame. Look at the dual wheel cutaway versions. The little ones are a different story. But I'm pretty sure a Rage is the only machine that would fit there anyway.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Looks like just the 150s are out currently, so maybe there is some truth to the 250s being beefier...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I only stay at marriots and Hiltons for the most part when there is not a motel 6 within a short distance.
I only stay at Motel 6's but I hang out at the Marriott and Hilton's and act like I'm rooming there. Well I actually don't hang out, I just show up for the free breakfast and an evening swim.

I find if you tip the staff well they don't know whether you're staying there or not.

"Why thank you my good man. Here's fifty cents and there's plenty more where that came from."

I don't want to take all the credit for this scheme, the Great Oz is the one that told me he's been doing this for years.

Thanks for the tip Oz. I'll leave the lights on for you! :winky:

Reactions: tmdry

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Are you guys talking about the little transits? The new 2500 and 3500s definitely have a frame. Look at the dual wheel cutaway versions. The little ones are a different story. But I'm pretty sure a Rage is the only machine that would fit there anyway.

Nope the big ones. They are unibody nose to tail.

machinejjh

Never heard of this from ProChem or anyone else. We plan in a few months or so (or whenever we getvit ) to install an Everest 408 in a new large Transit.

Transmitted Electronically through Tapatalk

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Buy the chassis-cab, install box, drill holes anywhere you want....

TransitChassisCab.jpg

Buck1955

Name
John
I've help install partitions and shelving packages in 3 Transits for the largest dealer in Indiana and we drill holes in the floor to install plus nuts. Plus Ford gives customers $700.00 to do just that. I'll see a few dealers this week and ask them.

Red Green

Name
Red

I believe the DRW models are the only ones with actual frame rails. I've looked under the SRW models and they do not have actual frame rails, it's a unibody with reinforcement boxes welded along its length in various places.

When is spoke with the various direct-drive manufacturers they all said they were going to have to design and build sub-frames to accommodate the new unibody vans. Nissan and GM are apparently the only ones offering full box frames now, and when GM switches to the new model Nissan will be the only one left.

Red Green

Name
Red
I've help install partitions and shelving packages in 3 Transits for the largest dealer in Indiana and we drill holes in the floor to install plus nuts. Plus Ford gives customers $700.00 to do just that. I'll see a few dealers this week and ask them.
Are these DIY packages?
All the various upfitter packages I've seen use existing mounting points and/or rails for all the shelving, boxes, partitions, ect.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I would love to be a fly on the wall when you are talking about us broke dick carpet cleaners. this is not the first post I have sensed your disdain for us.

F

FB7777

That's just it, you don't have to be a fly on the wall, John tells it like it is

You have to respect a guy like Olson , there's a boatload of phony suppliers that , whether legitimately or mistakenly , believe cleaners are stupid or just plain slime.

Thats where being a fly on the wall would be most enlightening

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
john is just relaying what was told to him by manufactures. that said i saw a ss unit at connections in vegas and it had no special sub frame that was evident from where i was looking.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
this is not the first i have hear of the manufactures not wanting to install units in these newer vans. i think it is more of a cautious measure but the first manufacture to get rolling will gain more trust and therefore more sales.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
The Dodge Promaster is only Unibody to the back of the seats. After that you can drill wherever you want.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I haven't heard anything. I said I have no Opinion as I have not been privy to any conversations. I said IF they tell me no then that's the end of it. David my post was dripping with sarcasm sorry if you didn't catch it. Lockhart is a very close and dear friend of mine and if I want to kick him in the nuts on the internet he is man enough to take it and kick me back. Please do not take that as "disdain" for "us" because I am one of "US" and if I have disdain for "us" then I have "disdain" for myself. One thing I haven't and wont ever do is be phony. I can be just as big of ass as anyone here and when I am truly being an ass I have enough friends here that will let me know and if warranted I have and always will correct myself..This isn't one of those though :)

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Big difference between what we do in our garage and what we sell to other people professionally. I'm sure john is just sharing his viewpoint from a distributor.

We all know this industry is filled with cowboys who like to over complicate everything and beat the system.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The concern isn't that the van will collapse in the center from the weight of a slide-in. I doubt that any of the modified Eurovans would have any trouble with the load. But, if there's an accident...

I've seen the aftermath of a few cleaning van accidents, some where the bent frame of the unit had to be cut to salvage parts, some where the floor of the van was buckled up at the rear of the unit from the force exerted on the mounting points. Keeping 1,000 pounds of metal from killing the driver in a crash requires more caution than installing shelves, and I'm sure the drivers of those trucks were thankful that corners weren't cut in the installation process.

PS: I once has a wagon with a rear-facing child bench seat in the back. Lots of used buyers wanted to install those seats, but they couldn't just be bolted in. There was a pretty involved and elaborate subframe required.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom