Zipper Jr.- Almost there!!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
What is the TM power minimum requirement to run the Zipper?

Will it run well on a 2 3 stage portable w/ or w/out booster too?

Some commercial jobs we do cannot have open doors.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I love the zipper and the concept. I've been waiting for something like it to come out. It just makes sense to clean both directions. My problem is it looks like the spray bar is in the middle which means it won't clean next to the wall like a wand will. I don't want to pull out both tools.

gene

Name
Eric Valentine
GeneMiller said:
I love the zipper and the concept. I've been waiting for something like it to come out. It just makes sense to clean both directions. My problem is it looks like the spray bar is in the middle which means it won't clean next to the wall like a wand will. I don't want to pull out both tools.

gene

The spray is directed at the front glide:
100000039-L.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Eric Valentine said:
GeneMiller said:

gene

The spray is directed at the front glide:
100000039-L.jpg

We had 4- 110 degree jets. That was an old pic. We now have 5- 95 degree jets.

DSC01041.jpg

Joe Bristor

FACT: Erik's worried more about jets and jet placement than anybody I know.

This is one 'new' machine that even I wouldn't call new.

Screw the banner right now.
Erik's a bdcc like the rest of us.
Give him the best chance to get it going.
Think long-term.
What he needs right now more than anything is testimonials.

Marketing suggesting: Donate one to MB Erik. Mikey don't want it but there's plenty others who do. Take a vote who gets to try it first. Erik ships it to the first guy with agreement he pays to ship it along to the next guy, etc. This way a lot of guys here get to try it on the cheap and Erik will get his tesimonials. If they like it, then Erik will ship em a fresh one right off the line. Meanwhile the first one keeps floating around to the next guy who wants to try it.
Once he's sold a couple from here then I bet he'd start running MB ads.

In fact, I like this idea so much, I'll do it with any of my wands with high shear kits.
Maybe GGs will donate a glide?

It worked so well doing it this way with the PMF Ti that Jim Martin kicked it backed to me on the short bus. thathurts
Now, I gots 4 of them sitting here I'll probly never sell. But at least nobody got hurt. :)

Proof's in the pudding people. Til then, new is new is new.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Why is it open on the side?
What does it weigh?
How easy is it to work on?
What guarantees do you have?
Is it adjustable for us tall guys? Short guys?
What size guy was it made for?
What is some problems that we might encounter with it?
What is the top PSI?
Do you make a carrying case or some kind of "box" to store it in a van from job to job?
Where is Carmen Sandiego?
What's your profit margin with that price?
How easy is it to clean?
Where's my baby momma?
Where can we demo it?
Can we pimp it out or is it pimped?
Laminar airflow?
Feather trigger? Or something similar?
Can you take the weight off and put back on fairly easily?
Can I get one in Mary Kay pink?
Can a dumbass operate it? Your welcome Bob.

If you don't answer every one of these questions you are a liar and hack that has no place shilling your product to Mikey's Board and I will personally hunt you down and make your life hell if you don't bow down to me. :roll: :lol: :wink:

Joe Bristor

Now you're thinking... "Can I get one in Mary Kay pink?"
For starters, he's got access to any color of Lil Better vac hose his custys can dream up.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
If the jets are threading into aluminum I would take a step back before delivering them that way. Two things, dissimilar corrosion and a rapid wearing of the aluminum threads. If you installed a stainless threaded insert then you have extended the life tremendously.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Brian R[color=#0000FF][color=#0000FF][color=#0000FF][/color][/color][/color] said:
Why is it open on the side? Why not?
What does it weigh? 29 lbs- 35lbs. w/ weights
How easy is it to work on? Brian, I think you could even work on it !gotcha!
What guarantees do you have? 3 mo- 1 year, depending on what component
Is it adjustable for us tall guys? Short guys? It has a non-fixed handle, size doesn't matter, but that's not what she says
What size guy was it made for? any size
What is some problems that we might encounter with it? getting use to something different
What is the top PSI? 1,500
Do you make a carrying case or some kind of "box" to store it in a van from job to job? Not yet, strap it in and put a piece of rubber under it.Where is Carmen Sandiego? Who knows.
What's your profit margin with that price? NOYB shiteatinggrin
How easy is it to clean? Windex and a rag
Where's my baby momma? Which one?
Where can we demo it? at Connections in Las Vegas
Can we pimp it out or is it pimped? For a price, I can engrave Priority on it
Laminar airflow? yes
Feather trigger? Or something similar? Precision Fluid Control Valve, very easy on the hand
Can you take the weight off and put back on fairly easily? 30 Seconds
Can I get one in Mary Kay pink? Any color you want with a pre order and a price.
Can a dumbass operate it? Your welcome Bob. Yes

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
If the jets are threading into aluminum I would take a step back before delivering them that way. Two things, dissimilar corrosion and a rapid wearing of the aluminum threads. If you installed a stainless threaded insert then you have extended the life tremendously.

The jets are threaded into SS jet extenders, which should rarely need removed. The check valves are in the SS jets. All of the adjustments have SS helicoils. Also, the treads for the weights have SS helicoils. Every screw in the unit is SS. Stainless steel and aluminum are not dissimilar metals, they go together very well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Erik and I wrote

Why is it open on the side? Why not?

Because I would think a closed chamber would retain heat better and limit steaming up the house.

What say you?

Thanks for the answers...you only dodged a couple. l :lol: :wink:

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Stainless threaded in aluminum do well together? Look up galvanic corrosion and the whole galvanic chart thing. Or you go ahead and find out how fast the corrosion builds up with all those electrolytes surrounding the threads.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Erik said:
Does that mean I should make the head out of Magnesium?

Hey, who cares if it's going to corrode and fall apart....I wanna know if it's going to steam up the house in front of the homeowner. :lol:

Really, What about that whole side being open thing?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Brian R said:
Erik said:

Hey, who cares if it's going to corrode and fall apart....I wanna know if it's going to steam up the house in front of the homeowner. :lol:

Aluminum and stainless steal go together very well, no it will not corrode.

The only part that is open is a little area on the top of the glide retainer.

The steam stays contained good under the head.

Does your wand steam up the house? yes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Erik said:
Brian R said:
Erik said:

Aluminum and stainless steal go together very well, no it will not corrode.

The only part that is open is a little area on the top of the glide retainer.

The steam stays contained good under the head.

Does your wand steam up the house? yes.

I was just thinking the middle of the sides are open...but I'm sure it works fine...I want to see demos.

lance

Hey Eric, great job with the Jr.

I have been told by a user of the Zipper that resi carpet makes you work very hard to move it because of the pad.

How is the Jr. different? Less weight? Lower cg? or what?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Hey I'd love to demo this thing. Can you send me one on the Bristor program?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can I use it with a portable?
What's the lowest PSI recommended?
What's the flow like?...and I don't mean lynoleum.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I was just thinking the middle of the sides are open...but I'm sure it works fine...I want to see demos.[/quote]

I think you should buy all of your subs a Zipper Jr. It will surely give you some consistancy in your operation. :wink:

P.S. Hope to meet you in Vegas, bring your best sub for a true evaluation.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
lance said:
Hey Eric, great job with the Jr.

I have been told by a user of the Zipper that resi carpet makes you work very hard to move it because of the pad.

Yes, this is true if the back wheels are not adjusted for padded carpet. The head acts as a snow plow, if the wheels are not adjusted down about 3/16". I have customers that use them primarly for residential and they leave the wheels adjusted just for padded carpet. It may take 5-10 minutes with a flat surface and an ICS magazine under the glides, so that the wheels are touching the flat surface.

How is the Jr. different? Less weight? Lower cg? or what?

The Jr. has a very easy wheel adjustment. When the unit is being pushed forward, the wheels press into the pad while keeping the head very level. The weights are a huge advantage. On certain residental carpets, such as california berber or loose nylons, you encounter a lot of resistance from the soft fibers being pulled into the vacuum chamber or with cg that has a lot of lock down. This is a situation where you will want to pull the weights off. On carpets that breathe well, such as berber, polyester, or even high looped cg, the weight is recommended for best results. I don't think the lower center of gravity has anything to do with it, but its a huge advantage getting under desk drawers in an office setting. The Zipper Jr. gets places the Zipper can't.

Thanks Lance, great questions.
:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom