4 years as of today.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here's a couple of pics of my little unit. The heater is close to the door and I can slide it a little to prevent a sudden gust of wind from blowing out the pilot light. Common problem with LG's but if it happens you will notice your heat loss and can out and relight the heater. If the pilot light goes out, the gas is shut off automatically. Because you do other types of cleaning, you could put that Northstar heater in an open trailer with a pressure washer and do hot pressure washing.

IMG_20191007_123222.jpg IMG_20191007_123230.jpg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Seriously I have no response. I'm pretty hurt by your back handedness toward my transaction with Derrick. Yes, I'm really upset Mike. If I sell my unit to Derrick I want it to be turn key. I haven't had the time to get it registered and smogged with my workload and working in the shop so i've been dragging my feet. More of a time issue than anything. The TM has been well documented with the past issues. . The issues I had with the TM are no secrets and is online for all the world to read about. @Matt Wood , myself, and a few other guys even made an Amtex Support Group on Facebook. I chose a long time ago to stop kicking sand in Ben's face. It took awhile but he totally refurbished the machine. He was determined to make it right. It's just sitting in my shop looking pretty. I fire her up every week to keep things lubed and the cobwebs blown out.

Mike, you constantly make fun of my 870. But when you needed it for your event cleanings, I was there. Now I'm selling my other machine to Derrick for a really good deal and you want to lob a grenade at me. I'm sorry I'm not an inventor like Tom or a multi millionaire that can offer you anything. I'm just me, running a small cleaning company with nothing to offer people that just want to hang with me because they think they can get something out if it.

The last thing I want to do is sell Derrick something that will not work. He is free to back out anytime. Doesn't really matter to me. I believe that since Ben made the much needed changes to all his machines, things have been going better. It's been a long time since I've come across anyone complaining about the TM's, unless he went out of business and there is nothing to complain about.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What were the changes and improvements Ben made to your machine Damon? I remember a bunch of stainless steel and improved muffler system was swapped out and added in from the cheap metal parts. He knew he couldn't screw it up because of all my details I told the forums about my Inferno accident. So I'm sure he fixed all the complaints your truckmount had to prevent any more bad feedback

My name got tagged in, so I had to say something.

And did Conway own one of these? I remember he was selling his filters to amtex because Ben was too cheap to put a basket in his waste tanks, lol. What else does Tom know? lol

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What were the changes and improvements Ben made to your machine Damon? I remember a bunch of stainless steel and improved muffler system was swapped out and added in from the cheap metal parts. He knew he couldn't screw it up because of all my details I told the forums about my Inferno accident. So I'm sure he fixed all the complaints your truckmount had to prevent any more bad feedback

My name got tagged in, so I had to say something.

And did Conway own one of these? I remember he was selling his filters to amtex because Ben was too cheap to put a basket in his waste tanks, lol. What else does Tom know? lol
Off the top of my head, the exhaust manifold was upgraded with a braided exhaust. Larger quierter muffler, new wiring, new flow control and location for easier access. The frame was upgraded, re-powder-coated from the old orange to a new red, new 30hp kohler, new 360k btu diesel/kero burner, new gauges, and some other stuff I can’t remember.

I can’t speak for Tom. I know when I originally bought my TM it came with a filter. It was a copy of a Dev filter, not quite the same.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Off the top of my head, the exhaust manifold was upgraded with a braided exhaust. Larger quierter muffler, new wiring, new flow control and location for easier access. The frame was upgraded, re-powder-coated from the old orange to a new red, new 30hp kohler, new 360k btu diesel/kero burner, new gauges, and some other stuff I can’t remember.

I can’t speak for Tom. I know when I originally bought my TM it came with a filter. It was a copy of a Dev filter, not quite the same.
What size blower is on it?

Name
Jeff T
Nobody cares what I buy Mikey
You’re the internet sensation
Actually Marty, it was you’re picture shaking hands with one of the dudes from TCS was PART of the decision why I bought a Cleanco....
So there’s that....
Back then I thought you were someone important....
How’s that for a back handed compliment???

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Jeff T
It’s a great machine, and it has made my company lots of money over the last 3 years....
I’ve added a 75 gallon fresh water tank, and a 20 gallon rinse tank as well...
Between those, the PTI, increased RPM (spinning the blower @ 3400), the APO, custom, dual, 2.5 stainless steel recovery lid ( with a PROPER, curved slope into the tank, not the 90 DEGREE ELBOW...) there’s not much I can’t do with this truck...
Oh yeah, and the dual side well ports, and the dual rear ports, this truck is all I could ask for....
Except the fact that it’s mounted in a Chevy....

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
its still the lack of heat though not needed all the time that stops me from just buying a 370 or 423 (fine if only residential)

the next step up in size/purchase price and running costs to try and match what I have?

Name
Jeff T
its still the lack of heat though not needed all the time that stops me from just buying a 370 or 423 (fine if only residential)

the next step up in size/purchase price and running costs to try and match what I have?
You do a lot of wool Dan, that, and upholstery don’t need mega heat. I enjoy seeing LOTS of steam from the wand. I get GREAT results from heat, RO water, great chems, and a ton of suction.
It’s the cornerstone of my business.
Well, one of the pieces of the pie anyway...

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Most carpet only need 170°. Wool need 150° or less. That what i learned.. that why i have hard time understanding why people need crank heat up so high for residential that doesn't need it.

Name
Jeff T
Most carpet only need 170°. Wool need 150° or less. That what i learned.. that why i have hard time understanding why people need crank heat up so high for residential that doesn't need it.
Actually, wool should not exceed 130, 140....
And residential, ATM, If you’re running 220-240, you are only getting 170-200 ATW.... that means you are cleaning properly....
But, believe what you want...
Heat equals CLEANER, for the same amount of work....

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron, you’ve done this for 30 plus years. Do you not agree, heat and suction are still king?
I've had high heat units and moderate units. Although there is a lot of satisfaction cleaning with a flame thrower, it's not really necessary. I have been using my Hydramaster CDs a lot lately. Maxes out at 205 f. Using products like Code Red and various enzyme products gets me the same results as my propane units. If I need a little more power, I bring in a crb or rotovac with a brush head. I do like high heat but it's not really necessary today.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Jeff T
I've had high heat units and moderate units. Although there is a lot of satisfaction cleaning with a flame thrower, it's not really necessary. I have been using my Hydramaster CDs a lot lately. Maxes out at 205 f. Using products like Code Red and various enzyme products gets me the same results as my propane units. If I need a little more power, I bring in a crb or rotovac with a brush head. I do like high heat but it's not really necessary today.
Fair enough...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
He mumbles and spits

LOL....that's what the Y-tube photo vid dude said too

and if you could hear, it might sound "gruff" .....

from the machine to the wand loses a measurable amount of heat
and just two inches of atomized spray from jet to fiber loses a ton

so from TM to "fiber" there's as much as a 40-60 degree drop
and more depending on jet flow size and distance of jets to fiber

..L.T.A.

Reactions: DAT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom