53 blower

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
kohler 18hp engine

The difference in suction is noticed when you put a 3-4cyl engine in there to power the blower
Somebody I talked to believes the vacuum isn’t very strong:

1) because it uses a 150 gallon waste tank, so it takes a while for the vacuum to build.

2) I guess the blower connects to the tank via a small 90 degree elbow.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

1) because it uses a 150 gallon waste tank, so it takes a while for the vacuum to build.

The 150gallon tank reasoning has nothing to do with the suction. Maybe an extra second to build lift, but I don't see any more.

And Most truckmounts have that 90degree elbow somewhere in the system. Look at the hydra master Titan and Direct drives. Both of those truckmounts have great suction and they use the same tank from the 318 to the salsa and the suction is noticeably different in the bigger models

Reactions: Meter Maid

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The difference in suction is noticed when you put a 3-4cyl engine in there to power the blower

Why and how?
If "whatever" motor is powerful enough to spin a blower at max load without bogging, how does a bigger motor improve that?

you're overthinking it.
and does Judstone even make a HX'er TM?
Only ones I've seen are propane heat

...L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Why and how?
If "whatever" motor is powerful enough to spin a blower at max load without bogging, how does a bigger motor improve that?

you're overthinking it.

...L.T.A.
I’m not buying one, just have questions.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
kohler 18hp engine

They have 2 models according to their website. The TNT with a 20hp Kohler and 45 blower and the C-4 with a 35hp Kohler and a larger blower. I'm sure they suck as good as anyone elses. Very simple machines using propane heat. Dealing with propane is an issue in some places. You need to have a belly tank installed to do it right but can run off a BBQ tank if you have to. The 4htxp little giant heater will give you all the heat you will ever need with pressures up to 2200 psi.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why and how?

you're overthinking it.

...L.T.A.
I’ve used truckmounts with 18hp-56hp and the biggest difference was how the 3-4cyl didn’t drop performance when under full load.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’ve used truckmounts with 18hp-56hp and the biggest difference was how the 3-4cyl didn’t drop performance when under full load.
It all depends on how well matched the engine and blower are. Also where you set the vac relief. One that I sold recently was a 20hp Honda with a 45 blower. Running at aprox 3200 rpm. When you seal the vac hose, the engine rpm doesn't drop much, the vac relief valve opens at 14 inches hg. That machine was very good up to 200 feet of hose and could still perform adequately at 300 feet. Both my Cleanco and CDS unit drop more rpm than that one did.

Reactions: Meter Maid

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It all depends on how well matched the engine and blower are. Also where you set the vac relief. One that I sold recently was a 20hp Honda with a 45 blower. Running at aprox 3200 rpm. When you seal the vac hose, the engine rpm doesn't drop much, the vac relief valve opens at 14 inches hg. That machine was very good up to 200 feet of hose and could still perform adequately at 300 feet. Both my Cleanco and CDS unit drop more rpm than that one did.
It’s kind of why I find the Cobb machine intriguing. Nobody really makes fun of the Judsons and they are stupid simple and fugly. The Cobb machine has a top-of-the-line 45 blower (45MR), 32 hp Kohler and a really good pump with Teflon seals. I get it’s ugly, but so is a Judson. So why don’t the Cobb machines get any props?

Mikey P

Administrator
Cobb wanted to give me a ridiculously good price on one for my Nevada operation but the thing so ******* big it takes up the entire side opening of most any van...

No thx

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It’s kind of why I find the Cobb machine intriguing. Nobody really makes fun of the Judsons and they are stupid simple and fugly. The Cobb machine has a top-of-the-line 45 blower (45MR), 32 hp Kohler and a really good pump with Teflon seals. I get it’s ugly, but so is a Judson. So why don’t the Cobb machines get any props?
Not a fan of the car mufflers.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Or a practical Pinto...
FB_IMG_1614175132530.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
They have 2 models according to their website. The TNT with a 20hp Kohler and 45 blower and the C-4 with a 35hp Kohler and a larger blower. I'm sure they suck as good as anyone elses. Very simple machines using propane heat. Dealing with propane is an issue in some places. You need to have a belly tank installed to do it right but can run off a BBQ tank if you have to. The 4htxp little giant heater will give you all the heat you will ever need with pressures up to 2200 psi.
Propane sucks. I didn't like how the little giant gave issues every time I had to spark it up. Build to much gas and say bye bye to your eyebrows when having to use a lighter 😂😂

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Propane sucks. I didn't like how the little giant gave issues every time I had to spark it up. Build to much gas and say bye bye to your eyebrows when having to use a lighter 😂😂
I never had that issue. Probably because I always kept my heaters in adjustment. They would light right away. Propane can be a pain though. One more fuel to carry, unless you convert the motor to run on propane. Some locations give you a hard time installing a belly tank and not usually legal to run a tank inside. Both can be done though, just a hassle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom