Angry Joe Monster

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
What are you guys complaining about? I friggin love SM (5).

Me Too!
I'm using version 5.8.2.17-- is that old?
its not broke and works for me. I dread learning new tech programs.

I'm sure 5 kids adds to the stress level and then you add in a social media troll and Joe is bound to snap---
Or Maybe he played Super agent an took a call for my company before shooting this video-- :eekk: :oldrolleyes: :lol:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
The Facebook marketing or whatever it is .... infomercials, lessons to the clueless, is effective..as marketing. Joe is a bit over sensitive but it's a likable quality. 6 thousand dollar van wraps... but he's a good sport when you call him out on it. I have almost signed up on HC Pro 3 or 4 times... I have had to block them on my cell phone... but I think, just wait, SM is going to get that mobile app working and it will be worth the wait. I will give it another couple of months...maybe.
The Mikey question is legit since I think SM is a little expensive for a Owner Operator just starting out so I was curious as well. How many guys with 1 van are using the software? 2 or 3 vans it seems to be a no-brainer.

Last edited:

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
50% of our clients are single owner operators.
< 6% is our database are over $1 million in gross sales.

Given 100k/employee as a average. The 2% tear has 20+ employees.
Our pricing is based on our costs to get the horse power needed to give amazing customer support, and an ever growing development team. Not cheep resources.

I would hate to create a class B client, just to offer a $50 version, but I might enter a new market with a grandfather special. *Think, think. Think, think*

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
The Facebook marketing or whatever it is .... infomercials, lessons to the clueless, is effective..as marketing. Joe is a bit over sensitive but it's a likable quality. 6 thousand dollar van wraps... but he's a good sport when you call him out on it. I have almost signed up on HC Pro 3 or 4 times... I have had to block them on my cell phone... but I think, just wait, SM is going to get that mobile app working and it will be worth the wait. I will give it another couple of months...maybe.
The Mikey question is legit since I think SM is a little expensive for a Owner Operator just starting out so I was curious as well. How many guys with 1 van are using the software? 2 or 3 vans it seems to be a no-brainer.

Thank you for your patience on Mobile3. I have the afterburners on to address this on multiple fronts. I'm very excited but it's to soon to chat about it, because - well... ^^^ (don't wan't to get in trouble)

Reactions: Bob Pruitt
F

FB7777

Just got this email today from ServiceMonster today

IMG_0381.PNG

Persistence pays,

Haven't pulled the trigger yet but kudos to Joe and his team for adding additional value outside of just a cloud based CRM

It's a competitive market , what with that other competition offering kickbacks and steering fees

Reactions: jkowalski
F

FB7777

Spit it out pig

As you enter your 60s you're getting more Stockwellian cryptic

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
To be clear, I never had a special/Meg deal with SM. But I was locked in at the rate which we signed up (grandfathered). I think it as $50 a month. I did earn many free months along the way as part of their referral program. When the did intake of new customer and asked how did you hear about us....if the person gave my name, we got a free month. That's their policy for all SM users who referr someone.

We randomly won a lifetime subscription, after emailing answers to Joe, based off a webinar he did when SM6 "launched". There was aknthier person who won as well. Joe did the drawing for that on a FB live feed.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Has anyone ever taken software development class? Anyone ever taken or learn about Software Development Life Cycle? It is a grueling and arduous journey...on top of that, you got marketing and sales with all the other nuance that come from runnning a software business... i can only describe it as dishing out a kick in the nuts several time a day. Dont pick on a dude thats trying to run a software company with vision.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Learning programming lanuage is easy and fast...but to write a software and fix bug is a different beast. It took like 28 million line of code and 8 years to finally release the chevy volt car... A good coder can write 200 lines of optimized code per day, more if it is easier or depending on what needed to be done.. So many coder and QA was needed to do it?

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I can see where the criticism is. The videos are coming from a guy as I know it never ran a service company. He has built a very nice software company.

$6000 van wraps, Telling people how to set incentives for employees. Those are just the two I watched. No time for any more of that sort of advice.

Now get some industry giants on a video and I would be all ears. Get Some one from Woodards, Hogopians, Carpet Tech, speaking on business. Get a interview with some one from Stanley Steemer, Chem Dry. How about some ladies talking about how they use the program.

We don't touch the new release. I cant believe all the hype about a launch at the Vegas convention and no product. That really turned us off. We have no idea how to do the drip marketing campaigns. I don't even know if there are tutorial videos.

No one on our team has the time to grind through getting up to speed. I don't have time to sit around watching for changes. I find it hard to easily get new information on the program.

I have two great office staff and I bet they have no idea where to find updates. I know the next response will be some Facebook user page. I have no time to listen to some useless chatter. I want a online resource where we can get answers when we want them. Call with a question and the response is usually lets set an appointment. I need the answer today. Point me to a resource page, a step by step video tutorial. Send me a lead sheet with how to do something or set up a feature.

I have said many positive things about the program over the years just may be we have out grown it. We stick with it because it works for the basics and I have other more pressing projects. Heck I can hardly find time to hang out with all you misfits anymore.

I am looking forward to Salesforce entering the market for service companies in the next 3-5 years. It is on the their radar. It will cost a lot more but it will be fantastic.

My intention is not to pick a fight or pile on just adding my thoughts on how our team feels about the program. Just giving some honest feedback. Its a gift!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I can see where the criticism is. The videos are coming from a guy as I know it never ran a service company. He has built a very nice software company.

$6000 van wraps, Telling people how to set incentives for employees. Those are just the two I watched. No time for any more of that sort of advice.

Now get some industry giants on a video and I would be all ears. Get Some one from Woodards, Hogopians, Carpet Tech, speaking on business. Get a interview with some one from Stanley Steemer, Chem Dry. How about some ladies talking about how they use the program.

We don't touch the new release. I cant believe all the hype about a launch at the Vegas convention and no product. That really turned us off. We have no idea how to do the drip marketing campaigns. I don't even know if there are tutorial videos.

No one on our team has the time to grind through getting up to speed. I don't have time to sit around watching for changes. I find it hard to easily get new information on the program.

I have two great office staff and I bet they have no idea where to find updates. I know the next response will be some Facebook user page. I have no time to listen to some useless chatter. I want a online resource where we can get answers when we want them. Call with a question and the response is usually lets set an appointment. I need the answer today. Point me to a resource page, a step by step video tutorial. Send me a lead sheet with how to do something or set up a feature.

I have said many positive things about the program over the years just may be we have out grown it. We stick with it because it works for the basics and I have other more pressing projects. Heck I can hardly find time to hang out with all you misfits anymore.

I am looking forward to Salesforce entering the market for service companies in the next 3-5 years. It is on the their radar. It will cost a lot more but it will be fantastic.

My intention is not to pick a fight or pile on just adding my thoughts on how our team feels about the program. Just giving some honest feedback. Its a gift!
I'm lucky if I can figure out how to turn my computer on in the morning.

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom