Angry Joe Monster

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm referring to being able to put alerts or warnings or notes about a customer on the their account.
Being able to pull up Thier history. Or when to remind them they need to hire you again.
Being able to catch them in a lie when they claim you charged them less last time.

steve_64

I'm referring to being able to put alerts or warnings or notes about a customer on the their account.
Being able to pull up Thier history. Or when to remind them they need to hire you again.
Being able to catch them in a lie when they claim you charged them less last time.
I don't care.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Xactimate has a smarty phone app, that measures the room and then builds the sketch once measured. A time saver when you have more than a couple of rooms to draw out.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
So I open up Facebook today and up pops Joe sharing an idea I heard at SFS 10 years ago. It's the program where you get people to pay monthly fees for cleaning 2-3 times per year.

Good commercial work does the same is easier and gives you less customers to work with.

I don't know everyone out there but I know a lot and I have only heard or met 2-3 people that have ever made this go. One of them was Steve T. who owned a company 20 years ago.

This why this thread got started.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So I open up Facebook today and up pops Joe sharing an idea I heard at SFS 10 years ago. It's the program where you get people to pay monthly fees for cleaning 2-3 times per year.

Good commercial work does the same is easier and gives you less customers to work with.

I don't know everyone out there but I know a lot and I have only heard or met 2-3 people that have ever made this go. One of them was Steve T. who owned a company 20 years ago.

This why this thread got started.
I do that. It's called the VIP program. I learned it from Howard Partridge.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I have been with him twice in the last few months. Never heard it mentioned as a current thing they do. Not saying its bad just surprised.
I also know how many he has roughly but I don't think he wants it out out on the internet. I will say it's substantial.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Ed York started the idea in the 70s and I gave credit to both Steve and Jon Don. The thesis of that particular video was this, Millennials are totally open to buying the service and I'm seeing it actually start to make an impact.

For the longest time it was just a few pockets and a couple of people who really wanted to make it work.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Ed York started the idea in the 70s and I gave credit to both Steve and Jon Don. The thesis of that particular video was this, Millennials are totally open to buying the service and I'm seeing it actually start to make an impact.

For the longest time it was just a few pockets and a couple of people who really wanted to make it work.
Joe when i sign up to use service monster is there a information release i signed? Does my use of your service give you permission to anilize my data files? I had thought my information was secure and private. You continue to prove your points by using what is supppsed to be private data.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I also know how many he has roughly but I don't think he wants it out out on the internet. I will say it's substantial.
The question is how much are you doing Dollars or % of monthly gross. How many trucks do you run daily?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The question is how much are you doing Dollars or % of monthly gross. How many trucks do you run daily?
I have 6 customers on it. I did a direct mail and was able to get some people from that. It's actually kind of a pain In the ass for me. I have to run their cards every month. I'm not set up to automatically charge them. I have three more customers that are bugging me to sign up on the program, but I've been putting them off. How I do it is figure out the price of a full cleaning with protectant and offer free stain work for 12 months. Maybe when I get an employee and become more automated I'll push it more.

Last edited:

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
Joe when i sign up to use service monster is there a information release i signed? Does my use of your service give you permission to anilize my data files? I had thought my information was secure and private. You continue to prove your points by using what is supppsed to be private data.

You're only the second person in the last 14 years to seem to be concerned that we do Analytics.

Here's the excerpt of our terms of service.

6. Consumer Information and Privacy

6.1 Privacy. The use of this service does not entitle, in whole or in part the sale or distribution of your Content by Principal Focus to another person, company or entity. It may be necessary, however, for a Service technician to access your Content to resolve any problems you, or others, may encounter. Principal Focus reserves the right to obtain summary information to better support our members in the future.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So, let me see if I understand you correctly

The thing you DON'T like is taking their money?

Are you stupid?
That went right over your Alabama head didn't it. It's not collecting money that's the pain. It's sending out 72 bills a year to those 6 customers. He's supposed to have an automatic withdrawal from their account to make it an efficient, profitable program which he doesn't. That's also why I don't do that program. I checked with all my local banks, and the idiots couldn't make me an account just for my business to allow me to do that. So I threw that idea in the trash

And another thing to make that program successful, is to have almost all of the residential customers sign up for it, not just a few. It's a hassle to handle just a few small checks a month, when it's not being automatically deposited.

That was the first thing I did after I left SFS. And if was very frustrating to find out that the nearest bank that would help me start that program was an hour away from my inbred town

Reactions: Nomad74

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
That went right over your Alabama head didn't it. It's not collecting money that's the pain. It's sending out 72 bills a year to those 6 customers. He's supposed to have an automatic withdrawal from their account to make it an efficient, profitable program which he doesn't. That's also why I don't do that program. I checked with all my local banks, and the idiots couldn't make me an account just for my business to allow me to do that. So I threw that idea in the trash

And another thing to make that program successful, is to have almost all of the residential customers sign up for it, not just a few. It's a hassle to handle just a few small checks a month, when it's not being automatically deposited.

That was the first thing I did after I left SFS. And if was very frustrating to find out that the nearest bank that would help me start that program was an hour away from my inbred town
Why couldn't it be set up on a recurring payment program on something like PayPal every month with terms and conditions of an annualized contract to renew with an "evergreen clause" if not canceled by the 11 month? That would be easy to set up.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Why not charge them the entire fee up front for the year???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom