Angry Joe Monster

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
My wrap cost me $4,100. Full body extended hightop Promaster.
I paid 600$ but it isn't a wrap. I agree that it's money well spent but if you are giving advice to range of guys on Facebook then probably it's best to quote a range of prices for getting your company name on your van. My simple van gets me a job a week so far. Did one today that the guy followed me and called the office number, had me pull over. I followed him to his house...not as busy as you guys yet. Looking forward to seeing your van all finished.
Now- WHAT'S THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I paid 600$ but it isn't a wrap. I agree that it's money well spent but if you are giving advice to range of guys on Facebook then probably it's best to quote a range of prices for getting your company name on your van. My simple van gets me a job a week so far. Did one today that the guy followed me and called the office number, had me pull over. I followed him to his house...not as busy as you guys yet. Looking forward to seeing your van all finished.
Now- WHAT'S THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT ?
Bob. I would also bet it's your winning personality that gets the jobs.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Bob. Please don't take this the wrong way. But every time I see your van art I think of Bevis And Butthead

IMG_4780.JPG

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
We do raw product updates in the form of a Blog every release. All available online and pushed through our media channels. That's the cut-and-dried way to stay up-to-date with updates. We are also regularly doing ServiceMonster 5 to 6 transition webinars to help you through the process. We also have training videos. I understand change is hard, but many of the features you are probably looking for are available in 6. I can say I also understand waiting until the all-clear. That will be 6.1.

Regarding support, really not sure where you're coming from there. That will occasionally happen if you are looking for a very deep topic but 90% of our calls are closed on the first touch.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
I do actually have history in the service industry. As well as having Ed York for great-grandfather and law and Steve Brandt for a father-in-law. They never stoped to talking about much else.

Additionally, I have the data. And we talk to more service providers than almost anyone else in the industry on a regular basis. We also processed 380 million dollars in orders last year. So I'd say our data source is pretty good.

jkowalski

Name
Joe Kowalski
We do have it in our plans to start interviewing people. But we are thinking that would be podcast exclusive content.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Bob. Please don't take this the wrong way. But every time I see your van art I think of Bevis And Butthead
Funny. People say " Please don't take this wrong... then they say something like... Your van is ugly. Had to be some other reason why people call you. But don't take it wrong. :icon_twisted:
My logo has been around long before Bevis and Butthead so maybe they copied me. What matters is the logo makes people smile and If the Carpet Grew it...time to call Pruitt" part helps them remember my name. Doing what it's suppose to do...very well.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Funny. People say " Please don't take this wrong... then they say something like... Your van is ugly. Had to be some other reason why people call you. But don't take it wrong. :icon_twisted:
My logo has been around long before Bevis and Butthead so maybe they copied me. What matters is the logo makes people smile and If the Carpet Grew it...time to call Pruitt" part helps them remember my name. Doing what it's suppose to do...very well.
Yeah. I meant I didn't want you to think I didn't like it. I think it's very creative. It just reminded me of them when I saw distant pics of it for the first time.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
@TomKing ...you said it well. It was a great synopsis of your frustrations, which I share. And, know that others do as well.

This has NEVER been a debate about the quality of the program, the customer service, the value for the money in posts I've seen. I personally have never taken issue with those things. I see people chiming in about those things, almost in a supportive way to defend Joe/SM, and find it amusing, since they were never things that were called out as issues or frustrations. It's a fine product and serves us extremely well. It has saved and made us a lot of money. The data we can pull to help us develop our strategic plan and know where to focus our marketing efforts on the best ROI has been invaluable. However, we'd like to "upgrade" to all the other bells and whistles (without continued glitches) that we've been hearing about and promised for over a year.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Based on the hype and release dates, if you had told me 18 months ago that I would still be using SM 5 and Mobile 2 in June of 2017, I would assume that something had gone terribly wrong. Well, here we are...

That being said, they are both great products and I'd be fine using them in perpetuity.

I think that is the long and the short of 98% of the criticism, @jkowalski. Expectation vs. reality.

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
When the day comes that I can have my dudes fill out and complete an invoice AT THE JOB on their smarty phones, I'll buy Joe a chicken.

We can do that already because we have android phones. Today my tech had to create a new work order/invoice while on job site. They edit/update work orders every day.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I could create new account, create a work order and schedule it from that kayak in less then 10 minutes if I have a signal for my phone.

I've booked an appointment for an existing customer in under two minutes while driving-- can't do that anymore since a got a ticket and it's just unsafe.

I will admit that something changed recently that has increased the time and aggravation in booking from my phone, but at least I'm able to get it done without being tired to a desk.
Btw.. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 5.

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I will admit I tried the mobile versions of SM and quickly felt my brain explode and it overwhelmed my short attention span.
That's why I choose to use the desktop version on my phone.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I will admit I tried the mobile versions of SM and quickly felt my brain explode and it overwhelmed my short attention span.
That's why I choose to use the desktop version on my phone.

I'll use the mobile website to quickly check the schedule but then pull up the desktop version to actually add the job to the schedule.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom