Commercial Carpet OP vs Cimex

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've never used a Cimex, so I really can't say for sure. However, if you'd asked me that question prior to Orbitec coming out with the CMX series of OP machines, I would have said Cimex hands down.

However, since buying an Orbitec machine, I have to think the OP machine is a leading option.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
"I've never used a Cimex, so I really can't say for sure."---Marty

But yet you're so sure to voice a "yes" for the only one you've tried...yeah that is a fair assessment. Two different systems-apples to oranges.

Patrick

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
OP actually removes some dirt,

no it don't vacuum out like you are told, maybe some surface dirt but that is it

I have all of them and OP wins in my book except for when it comes to washing the pads

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
fortunately a Cimex can remove some dirt to.

never ran a large OP on CGD so can't compare.

thanx --- Derek.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if a cimex removes dirt then where does it go

it doesn't go into a cotton/polyester pad

the fiber pads fall apart

so it has to be sitting on top of the carpet waiting to be vacuumed away and the vacuum only removes so much

hogjowl

Idiot™
Patrick:

Sigh ... I tried very hard to be fair in my assessment, and someone with an ounce of intelligence would be able to see that by reading my whole post.

Furthermore, if only those people who've used both machine were allowed to respond to the question at hand, just how many people do you think could correspond on this thread?

How many of the responders up to this point do you think have dual experience?

If you have some petty grudge to settle with me, do it to me, but don't try to derail the thread because the dude is trying to lean something useful.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
cimex vs op (cx-20)

Well I will give a definite opinion next week. We are going to do a large single room of carpet (over 3000 sq ft.) with no furniture.

The room will be divided in half.
Both machines will be filled up with their appropriate cleaners.
Each one will be handled by an experienced, skilled operator.
The flag will drop and the race will be on.

I will post back after the 20th with pictures.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Steve,

that's the problem, most think only certain types of pads can be used with a Cimex. tuways come in all shapes and sizes for my Challenger OP and my 19" Cimex.

thanx --- Derek.

DavidB

Re: cimex vs op (cx-20)

ScottM said:
Well I will give a definite opinion next week. We are going to do a large single room of carpet (over 3000 sq ft.) with no furniture.

The room will be divided in half.
Both machines will be filled up with their appropriate cleaners.
Each one will be handled by an experienced, skilled operator.
The flag will drop and the race will be on.

I will post back after the 20th with pictures.

Looking forward to it.

I ask here because it's neutral ground MOL, I have been reading a lot on other boards and to no surprise it seems that the one who uses a cimex swears by it and the one using an op does the same.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Marty...no I do not have some petty grudge with you.You said you tried to be fair...if you have never used a cimex and then give an assessment,your decision is therefore only bogus.Besides we all know that you have a dislike for encapping.

Speaking of intelligence...my 10 year old nephew even knows that in order to give a fair opinion on between 2 "things"--whatever the debate may be about,is that both have to be equally tested in order to give a fair assessment.

Most cases Marty,I like reading your posts,as well as others.The exception is when you climb up on your soapbox and act as if only your answer/way/opinion is the only one that matters.

"the dude is trying to learn something"

A one sided answer will not help him.

You can provide soil transfer with a cimex if you use some of the synthetic "bonnets",not as much as an OP but definately enough to use it.

OP and Encapping w/ a Cimex are two entirely different beasts,they are not two types of apples.More like apple and oranges.I have used both on the same contract,same service day or seperate.Some areas will require at different times different tools.No matter which tool;OP or cimex,we use Release-it DS and or Punch.

Everybody has their favorites.I've gone from Release-it to CCS's to Vacaway and back to Release-it.Why?....why change for the sake of change onlyIf it isn't broke,don't fix it.

I do have to say for the sake of discussion,that my OP use is with a smaller unit rather than some of the newer,larger ones out now.Its not like I can go over to one of the local suppliers and try one out :shock:

Marty there is no disrespect intended.i have got to remind my self that you're an old man who is just set in his ways :p

Patrick

Clark

I'm bringing a CX 20 to MikeFest. Run it yourself. I have Cimex machines and I like them very much. I have not use them for cleaning in 2 years now. I hate the shower feed system. It does not lay down the solution as even as I would like. What soil it picks up is washed back to the carpet with the shower feed. But I will not sell them. I have run both on commercial carpet. The CX has more options for removing soil. At some point the soil is just to much to leave in the carpet. Heavy traffic lanes for one. The Cimex is a great scrubber.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Is this a race to see how fast each machine is or who can scrub N' run the best?
I much prefer a machine that will remove some soil, after all thats what you get paid for?

Vacaway products are made by someone who designed them from the ground up and uses them everyday in his own business.Others are merely plain labeled and made by larger chem companies like STEAMWAY , Prochem, Harvard etc.

steve r

Jimmy Ladwig! said:
Is this a race to see how fast each machine is or who can scrub N' run the best?
I much prefer a machine that will remove some soil, after all thats what you get paid for?

when doing the scrub and run i sell it as a carpet treatment and explain that the vacuuming is what removes soil.also the pads will pick up quite a bit of soil the same way they pick up soil or wax when stripping floors.
i was surprised at the amount of sand and other crap i find in my pads at the end of a job.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Pmatte said:
Marty...no I do not have some petty grudge with you.You said you tried to be fair...if you have never used a cimex and then give an assessment,your decision is therefore only bogus.Besides we all know that you have a dislike for encapping.
Patrick

I do a tad bit over $3000 a month (close to $40,000 a year) of straight encap cleaning using both a GLS machine and a Orbitec Defender while using VacAway's encapsulation products. So, the basis of your argument is groundless.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
....groundless?....

Our discussion is based upon your statement;"I've never used a Cimex, so I really can't say for sure. "

Also I didn't say that you do not encap,but that you have a dislike for the method.Well according to alot of prior posts of yours.

As far as your $$$ goes.....................................................What?..am I supposed to ask for your autograph or something?

Patrick

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
eNCApSULAtIOn =SHAMPOO

DUH!

Lets see , you find a lot of sand and grit under your cimex pads?

Like taking sandpaper and scrubbing it in.

Is that really good for the carpet?

ron markam

Never used an Op but have used a cimex .Also have used a rotary with just about every type of pad imaginable.The rotary with tu-ways or cotton smoked a cimex as far as appearance of the carpet.Plus I noticed no difference in speed .Now I know some will say I was inexperienced with the cimex but I was not impressed to say the least.If the claims about the defender 's cleaning abilities are true( I believe they are as I trust Steve Smith's tech who uses it daily as well as Marty and Jimmy)then I vote no contest.Steve's tech has used a rotary and conquerors for years and raves about the defender.

LeeCory

David, here is an answer to your question and YES I have both.

First off it would be ideal to have both. Which machine I would prefer would depend on the size and soil conditions.

If the job is small, the OP is the way to go.

If the job is large the Cimex is tops. But it would be nice to have the OP to hit the entry areas and other heavy use areas.

If you really want to remove soil with the OP you have to go through pads. I've heard some guys use just a few pads for a huge area, but this is not my experience. To do a large area would require MANY pads.

If the large job is really dirty use a truckmount.

I would not want to be without my Cimex for large commercial jobs.

But if I could only choose 1 it would be the OP machine because it can be used for both resi and comm cleaning.

DavidB

I almost lost hope on this thread.

Thanx for the input.

I do plan on getting both units after doing the research but I will most likely start with the OP first.

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
CX-20 vs Cimex

Ran the following side by side test today in a church multi-purpose room.
This is our second cleaning of this space (done quarterly). Most spots are food related with some gum, etc. Commercial/Glue Down level loop carpet size is 46' x 68' = 3128 sf. We divided the space down the middle to 23' x 68' = 1564 sf. for each machine. Arrived on site @ 9:50am. Filled up each machine with 3 gallons of solution. The CX-20 had SnapEncap @ 4oz/gallon and the 19" Cimex had Releaseit @ 6oz/gallon.

After carefully setting up and taking starting pictures, we started cleaning @ 10:20 am. The CX-20 finished @ 10:42 am and the 19" Cimex finished @ 10:51 am. For the record, the last cleaning was done with a Cimex in approximately 1 hour and there were no wick back issues. The previous cleaner had problems with spots coming back, but what lost them the account was dumping their filled up truckmount right along the center walkway. They even tried to pressure wash a few days latter, but the stain remained and their contract didn't.

All of the spots did clean up. We will be reinspecting this job over the next 72 hours and I will post follow up pictures.

Scott

CX20.jpg

Cimex.jpg

TheField.jpg

ReadyToRumble.jpg

TheWinner.jpg

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
self powered

Nope,

It is the new paranormal technology.

I will be happy to explain it in detail.

My new course on paranormal carpet cleaning comes complete 10 DVDs, 5 CDs, Manual, workbook and Ouji board, special CCers Edition.

Guaranteed you will be the only one offereing this unique service in your paid for territory. these clean better than the V/AT trucks.

Normally these sell for the low, low bargain price of $ 99,999.99. But just for you Mikey's Board members, the special price, today only is..................

$ 89,999.99, payable by cash or pay-pal only. Don't forget my one-of-a-kind guarantee, if it doesn't work for you..........................

You are just plain STUPID

"Stupid is as Stupid does", Forest Gump, so hurry up and send me the money before I sell your territory to your competition.
:p

Any questions before you send in your payment, just send me a telepathic message

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I have a Cimex - been using it with Releasit for 3+ years. I also have an Eazy Glide.
Leecory hit the nail on the head in my opinion.
I have been doing Cimex only on several commercial accounts for three years. Some 4 times a year, some more, some less with no sign of build up. They all have vacuuming done at least 3 times a week and some 5 time a week.
I use OP on areas of food and drink spills(break areas etc.) or extreme soil load. I also have a TM but use it very little on cgd any more.

I think Leecory said it best.

Back
Top Bottom