Corona virus impact on business

Brian H

Name
Brian H
With all the hype on the news about the corona virus, are any of you seeing an impact, either positive or negative, on your business?

Chris A

Name
Chris
We've had a killer winter, but last week and most of this week have been really slow. I dunno if it's the virus, stock market volatility, the fact that it snowed/rained for 5 straight days, or none of the above. Fwiw we've had a great winter so maybe it's just now catching up with us.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Seems I'm busier than ever. I'm trying to figure out why. February is historically a slow month for me, but this year I've just been hopping along. I talk with a few other local carpet cleaners, and they say they are a bit slow, so whats going on? I think it's a few things.

1. I'm really good at staying in touch with all of my customers. Reminders, calling, dropping in to say hello. Calling them for advise.

2. The weather has been very warm and hardly any rain this winter.

3. Dashing good looks and Baconator breath. (I kid, I kid)

4. Answering the phone every time. It amazes me how many calls I get and people say, "You are the only guy that answered my call." I always respond, "Well, I like to eat and if I don't answer, my family starves."

5. Connect with my customers. How do I do this? For one thing, I always listen to them. I don't barge into their home and promise them the world. I listen to their concerns. If they don't tell me, then I come out and ask, "What is the area you are most concerned with?" I then make sure I focus on that. I'm positive a lot of cleaners will walk into a place, the customer will say something about the black stain in the hallway, and the cleaner will just ignore it and keep pushing protectant.

As far as the Beer-Virus, hasn't had an impact on me. I am more aware of my contact with people now. Constantly washing my hands.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'd imagine it's going to affect all of us at some point big time.

Family sick, local business shut down, kids home, older people very sick, people not flying, sport venues not allowing fans at games, concerts canceled, corporate america not flying, cruise lines are dead for a while, etc...

It's reached Las Vegas, imagine what happens to Vegas if everyone is scared to go... Not good.

If nothing absolutely crazy happens, slow for a couple of months than the flood gates will open and should have a cleaning boom, assuming most clients aren't broke at that point and we are teetering on a recession.

I know, I know, it's just the flu and we're all super tuff.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'd imagine it's going to affect all of us at some point big time.

Family sick, local business shut down, kids home, older people very sick, people not flying, sport venues not allowing fans at games, concerts canceled, corporate america not flying, cruise lines are dead for a while, etc...

It's reached Las Vegas, imagine what happens to Vegas if everyone is scared to go... Not good.

If nothing absolutely crazy happens, slow for a couple of months than the flood gates will open and should have a cleaning boom, assuming most clients aren't broke at that point and we are teetering on a recession.

I know, I know, it's just the flu and we're all super tuff.
Don't worry about Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Welp. Hearing rumors that Corona has come to Redding. A lady with cancer was on a cruise and got it. Not sure if its true. But I’m watching the news.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well crap! I guess it might be in Redding.

Name
Jeff T
I stocked up today.
Bought 5 - 24 pack of TP.
24 rolls of paper towel.
12 boxes of Kleenex...
In the pantry is enough dry goods to last 2 weeks.
I’ve got 5 - 5 gallon jugs of RO water.
Anything else?
Maybe this is fear mongering, maybe not....
ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING....

A few months ago, I serviced a ‘preppers’ home...
SHE was going on and on about the the end of the world kinda stuff...
I figure I can survive for 2-3 weeks with what’s in my home right now....
Beyond that, I own multiple guns....

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I actually worked today on the end of a floor tool😡 Worked a big ass flood in one of my schools. Shut school down. I know when mine and Diana’s phone rings at the same time, that’s not good. Hate it when that happens! No virus scare, just flu scare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom