CRB Owners Poll

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
I read somewhere that 450cfm could be pulled through 2" hose, only read it no proof so not arguing. Just after clarification
I’ve never considered this.... So if 2” is limited to 275 CFM (I would imagine that is a dynamic number and changes with hose length?). Nevertheless, for argument sake, if 2” is limited to 275 CFM running larger blowers capable of more CFM is a worthless endeavor unless your willing to run dual 2” hoses or larger diameter hose? (i.e. 2.5”) or am I thoroughly screwing this up?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ridiculous to think a bit more heat and flow are a substitute.
A decent sized truck mount with decent heat, Zipper, Ti wand or Tom wand and the proper chemistry is all that is needed. The cleaner who fill their truck with all the LATEST toys are just wasting their money, or have small hands;););)

Reactions: RugSucker

Mikey P

Administrator
all thats needed to do a hum drum job for hum drum customers.

If that makes you happy, who am I to argue.

But I'd be concerned that even Stanley Steam is doing a better job now...

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I’ve never considered this.... So if 2” is limited to 275 CFM (I would imagine that is a dynamic number and changes with hose length?). Nevertheless, for argument sake, if 2” is limited to 275 CFM running larger blowers capable of more CFM is a worthless endeavor unless your willing to run dual 2” hoses or larger diameter hose? (i.e. 2.5”) or am I thoroughly screwing this up?
Thats my understanding although I've never run anything over a 45, but I thought the 2" hose limit was 450cfm? Unless he means 275cfm is max that can be pulled through wand locked on carpet?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thats my understanding although I've never run anything over a 45, but I thought the 2" hose limit was 450cfm? Unless he means 275cfm is max that can be pulled through wand locked on carpet?

Nope some idiots buy a cfm tester and stick they’re vain in front of the hose and it shows ridiculous numbers!

Aka 450 cfm out a 2 inch hose!

I find running a 100 ft of 2 inch hose you get about 250 cfm that’s with open

Add a 50 ft 2.5 inch lead hose to a 50 ft 2 inch hose you closer to the 275-280 cfm.

100 ft of 2.5 will get you well over 300 cfm.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
2" hose does not have a higher velocity than 2.5" hose..... cfm is 300 cfm... it does not travel any faster through a 2" hose than it does through a 2.5" hose.... it just travels with LESS friction through the larger hose.. therefore giving you more available LIFT at the tool........

steve_64

More cfm is more airflow. More lift pulls more water column.

I paid attention in physics, it was the only class I had that had no girls to distract me. :winky:
Yeah i only classes with girls in them it was the only way I got my homework done.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
all thats needed to do a hum drum job for hum drum customers.

If that makes you happy, who am I to argue.

But I'd be concerned that even Stanley Steam is doing a better job now...
Mike,
When you get a chance, talk to your friend, the local Prochem dealer and ask him how many machines he has put in my service area over the last 40 years. I have had Sears, Stanley Steamer, Paul Davis, ServPro, ChemDry, First General Services, Service Master, Mohawk and numerous independent cleaners all go out business or barely survive. I don't have any doubt that our service is superior to anything that can be offered and 40 plus years of profit to prove it.
If you don't want honest replies, although different from the narrative don't ask the question.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Mike,
When you get a chance, talk to your friend, the local Prochem dealer and ask him how many machines he has put in my service area over the last 40 years. I have had Sears, Stanley Steamer, Paul Davis, ServPro, ChemDry, First General Services, Service Master, Mohawk and numerous independent cleaners all go out business or barely survive. I don't have any doubt that our service is superior to anything that can be offered and 40 plus years of profit to prove it.
If you don't want honest replies, although different from the narrative don't ask the question.
No doubt Ron that with your aerotech, you can blow away your competition on average soiled carpets without resorting to all the extra agitation tools. In 40 years though, I'm sure you've seen some jobs where a prescrub or something like a rotovac tool would have made the job a little easier or would have gotten better results. Hell, most of my competitors don't even prespray, not hard to knock them off.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
2" hose does not have a higher velocity than 2.5" hose..... cfm is 300 cfm... it does not travel any faster through a 2" hose than it does through a 2.5" hose.... it just travels with LESS friction through the larger hose.. therefore giving you more available LIFT at the tool........

But 2.5 hose allows more volume

steve_64

See I'm thinking then a 2 inch wand should only have so much cfm then too. So we should all start using 2.5 in wands but then isn't the restriction at the wand lips and a holed glide would make it even worse. I'm so confused.

Reactions: CJ-FL

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
No doubt Ron that with your aerotech, you can blow away your competition on average soiled carpets without resorting to all the extra agitation tools. In 40 years though, I'm sure you've seen some jobs where a prescrub or something like a rotovac tool would have made the job a little easier or would have gotten better results. Hell, most of my competitors don't even prespray, not hard to knock them off.
I have bought and sold many tools. I bought one of the first Zipper’s, early RX 20, two crb’s around 1990, Host, Cimex etc. I find the extra equipment needless and tired of fixing all of it. The KISS theory is what I practice today. If it doesn’t make money, I don’t do it. If i don’t need it 90 percent of the time, I don’t buy it.

steve_64

I gotta go collect a check and get my equipment. Got a $3600 job to do soon. That math I understand!

Reactions: SamIam

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
@CJ-FL Although any agitation is better than none when commercial needs a scrub red pad rules them all imo. Some here will disagree and complain about weight and learning curve. But that weight is what scrubs dirt and is'nt noticable to user when on the floor, I don't understand those who find them hard to use I can use 1 handed and scratch my butt and look good doin it (those last 2 are where most probably fail) :biggrin:

steve_64

I have bought and sold many tools. I bought one of the first Zipper’s, early RX 20, two crb’s around 1990, Host, Cimex etc. I find the extra equipment needless and tired of fixing all of it. The KISS theory is what I practice today. If it doesn’t make money, I don’t do it. If i don’t need it 90 percent of the time, I don’t buy it.
Turn down the nasties! But I charge a lot more them so I like my crb. It's the only time I break it out and it's more often than I should. I need more better clients.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
See I'm thinking then a 2 inch wand should only have so much cfm then too. So we should all start using 2.5 in wands but then isn't the restriction at the wand lips and a holed glide would make it even worse. I'm so confused.

think of it this way.....you have 100 feet of 3/4 inch water hose and you turn the water on....you have a good flow of water at the end...so you add another 100 feet...and then another...and you notice the flow is getting weak...so then you add 50 feet of 1/2 inch hose and another 50 feet of 1/4 hose...and the water flow gets stronger....because it is being forced ...

it's backward when pulling air...your machine is only going to give you so much air to pull...if you start off small..and then go to a bigger hose closer to the machine.....the air is going to move faster because its not being restricted in the larger hose...so its going to pull harder through the smaller hose....your taking the amount of air that your machine will give you and just make it move faster..this is where you get more lift at the tool....

Reactions: steve_64

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
@CJ-FL Although any agitation is better than none when commercial needs a scrub red pad rules them all imo. Some here will disagree and complain about weight and learning curve. But that weight is what scrubs dirt and is'nt noticable to user when on the floor, I don't understand those who find them hard to use I can use 1 handed and scratch my butt and look good doin it (those last 2 are where most probably fail) :biggrin:
Get a Cimex and you can use both hands on yor ass. Steer with your teeth! :shifty:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have used 175's with pads and brushes and have good success with that approach but it is time consuming. Time is money and I think the rotovac with brushes will replace that and be a lot faster. You can scrub like a 175 or scrub, flush and extract in one step.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you
You know if you claim that you can scratch your ass and look good while doing it, we're gonna need some pics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom