CRB Owners Poll

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
@CJ-FL Although any agitation is better than none when commercial needs a scrub red pad rules them all imo. Some here will disagree and complain about weight and learning curve. But that weight is what scrubs dirt and is'nt noticable to user when on the floor, I don't understand those who find them hard to use I can use 1 handed and scratch my butt and look good doin it (those last 2 are where most probably fail) :biggrin:
I think the answer is yes but I’m not afraid to ask and I subscribe to the concept of no question is a bad question (sorry I got sidetracked). But when everyone refers to a 175 are they referring to a standard low speed buffer like one that would be used on VCT? Secondly, I have a few Cimex Machines I use in for area rug pit cleaning. Do you feel this is 1 step better than a 175 for commercial agitation?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I have used 175's with pads and brushes and have good success with that approach but it is time consuming. Time is money and I think the rotovac with brushes will replace that and be a lot faster. You can scrub like a 175 or scrub, flush and extract in one step.
Yeah I've used a RV but not a brush head and I can see your point, but it also depends on the job. If its greasy restaurant then enzyme needs some dwell time to work which is when im scrubbing, and Im faster on a wand than RV providing that alls left is the rinsing. If multiple staff on a job I'd throw someone straight after spray is down scrubbing before it gets rinsed. I dont dismiss the RV its on the wishlist, and time is money but the cost of a RV vs 175 isn't to be ignored either

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
@CJ-FL yeah 175 is a slow speed buffer I use a variable speed 175-330 higher speed is more manouverable and less inclined to bite but you better keep it lubricated...:shifty: cimex has faster learning curve if you can mow the lawns you can use it, i dont do enough commercial to have one.
But I love a red pad scrubbing..

Attachments

• 20170602_100056_wm.jpg
    20170602_100056_wm.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 187
Reactions: CJ-FL

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey CJ.....what yor first name.....names sometimes are so reveling when I imagine who im talking to.cuz we never met.....
Youd' lik me I think....tho sometimes I'm too judgmental.....and people take me the wrong way. ......but sometimes ya jus gotta tell it lik it is....
Back in my day we wrote our jobs up on a calendar. .....

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Hey CJ.....what yor first name.....names sometimes are so reveling when I imagine who im talking to.cuz we never met.....

Chester J - family name, named after my grandfather and father

Youd' lik me I think....tho sometimes I'm too judgmental.....and people take me the wrong way. ......but sometimes ya jus gotta tell it lik it is....

Your busting by balls, no big deal. That’s kind of how this industry works. At least in my experience. Then again I’m sure that’s how any male dominated industry is....

We had job cards that we would be posted on a big board each day so the dispatcher/CSA could re-organize as the schedule changed. Now it seems antiquated and crazy but was a reliable way of doing things for a long time.

Reactions: SamIam

steve_64

They don't take you wrong you just wish they did.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Pay Steve O no nevermind....he's quite the thinker of our little group. ...and an avid reader it seems......

But he still can't answer the hardballs...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
so Chester J.........now i can kinna channel in on whom i speaking too...
have ya been to the Rubber Room at all......
we're alwez lookin for fresh thoughts an ideas...

we talk about things lik quantum physics and why crap go' down clock-wise

and no i ain't busting yor balls at all Chester sounds lik you got a bang-bang thing going on down ther.......
did you always do the seven step thing or is it new to you and how long you been suckin rugs

hell jus the fact of that wand yor buying tells me a LOT!

can you sell that franchise when you get old and tired or did you jus buy a job...?

Last edited:

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
did you always do the seven step thing or is it new to you

Always presprayed but as previously discussed I think our application rate left via B&G was lackluster.

Started pre-vacuuming in ‘08 but is still a battle to get my techs to buy in. If I had to be honest with myself I would say 50% of our jobs are pre-vac’d

CRB step is obviously a new one but every guy that has used one LOVES THEM.

how long you been suckin rugs

I’m 32 years old. Been doing it my whole life. We’re a third generation franchise.

can you sell that franchise when you get old and tired or did you jus buy a job...?

My father and I are partners. Assuming he’s no longer in the picture by the time I’m old and tired. Yes, I technically could sell. But wouldn’t. So far, this has been a great way of life for my family for 40 years. We have financial stability and running a company gives you purpose. We’re gonna give it a run and see how far we can take it.

steve_64

Pay Steve O no nevermind....he's quite the thinker of our little group. ...and an avid reader it seems......

But he still can't answer the hardballs...
I lose interest before I get that far or just ain't that smart.

I use to think I'd be a writer. I always noticed stories don't have to make sense to be interesting.

And you don't have to have all the answers to be happy.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

SamIam

Name
sam miller
your not filling that 2.5-inch hose with any more air then your 2 inch is...you just allowing more space for that air to move more freely...and because it is moving more freely..it has less restriction and so you are getting more lift...

So a 2 inch port move as much air as a 2.5?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom