Customer Kills Cat

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I arrived at a location we had just cleaned and treated for cat urine a couple of months ago. The customer tells me he “got rid of” the cat yesterday. I say oh, well, sometimes it comes to that. I do the UV inspection and start to set up. He tells me he needs to leave for about 20 minutes so he can go bury the cat. He says it’s in the trash can and his young kids think it’s on vacation :shock: .

Connor

Name
Connor
I used to know a guy who drowned his wife's cat. Told me how he killed it while washing dishes, then took it and left it in the gutter a block away and then took his wife for a walk to find it. Real bastard this guy was.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Becker said:
Did he admit to killing it?

LoL, YES He told me he got rid of the cat and is going out to bury it. I didn’t ask how he did it or anything. Personally I hate cats and I didn’t bother me one bit.

I had another customer that took the dog to the pound and told her kids she found a home for it. The pound ended up putting the dog down. That bothered me a bit. At least a dog has the decency to look ashamed when it destroys the house. Most of the accidents from dogs are because there owner don’t make time for them.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I have found a sizable % of "pet problems" are actually "owner problems" that don't know how to train their animals properly or take care of them, forget to clean the litter box for a month, walk the dog stuff like that and then there are some people just shouldn't have pet period, because they are morons!

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
rhyde said:
I have found a sizable % of "pet problems" are actually "owner problems" that don't know how to train their animals properly or take care of them, forget to clean the litter box for a month, walk the dog stuff like that and then there are some people just shouldn't have pet period, because they are morons!

x2

...I have 3 cats and a dog, they have NEVER gone on the floor.

S

sam miller

rhyde said:

Agree!

Some cats get pissed when left in for to long and thier routine is messed up! I heard of them pissing in beds! thats pissed off!

Still take it to a pound or rescue for adoption! killing any pet is wrong unless its a mercy killing because of injury!

Becker

Name
Becker
Honestly I'd have a hard time not turning the bastard in.

I mean really?

Research, how do you think this guy treats his family?

Mikey P

Administrator
when I worked for Sam Miller I was working at a house full of young 20 somethings

they had a sizable Python for a pet.

One of the dudes came in with a pillow case with the neighbor's cat in it.

S

sam miller

Mikey P said:
when I worked for Sam Miller I was working at a house full of young 20 somethings

they had a sizable Python for a pet.

One of the dudes came in with a pillow case with the neighbor's cat in it.

Talk about a bad neighbor! thathurts

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
rhyde said:

x3

I would have walked out if that dude told me that. Killing just to kill tells a lot about a person....God forbid I leave a spot on the carpet or something.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Another problem is people who own male cats and don't have them neutered and then wonder why they spray. I have actually caught two neighbor cats and had them neutered because they were spraying around our house. I often wondered if the neighbors noticed their cats were missing anything....I doubt it. Probably saved the cats from a fate like that above or a terrifying trip to the pound just to be euthanized.

Spay and neuter, clean the litterbox at least daily, have enough litter boxes for the number of cats, at least one box per cat, have high safe areas the cat can feel secure and unless there is a medical problem, the cat shouldn't be using the floor.

Dogs should be potty-trained with consistency and patience and lots of positive reinforcement, neutered before 1 year old, not left in too long with no access to a safe, fenced yard or walking. If you must leave your dog longer than 4 hours, provide a potty pad and teach them how to use it. Dogs forced to hold their urine longer than 4 hours are at a much higher risk to develop urinary tract infections and bladder stones. A urinary tract infection will cause a normally housetrained to suddenly begin peeing in the house. if your housetrained dog begins peeing in the house, don't scold it, take it to the vet to have it checked out. most likely there is a medical reason.

How a person treats their animals is a direct reflection of their compassion to all.

I would have turned the bastard in.

Take care,
Lisa

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Becker said:

Turn him in to whom?
The guy happens to be a Police Sergeant :!:

sam miller said:
killing any pet is wrong unless its a mercy killing because of injury!

I just bought an Oscar to feed some of my guppies to :twisted: .

Marc Imbesi said:
AshleyMckendree said:

I'm callin' bullshit on this!
x2

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I'd have reported him to animal control, and/or his superior.

Police officers are statistically some of the worst for domestic abuse and I would not be surprised if his family didn't suffer at his hands, if he had no problems killing an animal for doing something natural that HE could have prevented by being a responsible pet owner.

Take care,
Lisa

lonewolf

I remember a client calling and asking what we do to eliminate
pet oder and urine stains.
I told her we eliminate the pet.
She laughed so hard she dropped the phone.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't get into customers personal lives much, since Im just the carpet guy, but I gotta say I would walk out on that dude after hearing that, police sgt or not.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
It’s funny how people anthropomorphize animals. What the guy did was wrong, but I would chalk it up to a minor moral infraction, not a felony. If he painstakingly tortured the cat, I might be worried for his family. What he did makes more since then the people that turn their house into a toilet. Humans are more important than an animal, that’s why we eat them (yum). Would a total sociopath give me a $20.00 Tip?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: Customer Kills Cat

ACE said:
It’s funny how people anthropomorphize animals. What the guy did was wrong, but I would chalk it up to a minor moral infraction, not a felony. If he painstakingly tortured the cat, I might be worried for his family. What he did makes more since then the people that turn their house into a toilet. Humans are more important than an animal, that’s why we eat them (yum). Would a total sociopath give me a $20.00 Tip?
:roll:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chris A

Name
Chris
No, but the fact that he would kill a cat because it was an inconvenience to him (and probably because of him, or his family) makes him a sociopath...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If humans are so much more important than animals...try living on a planet with only humans and no animals and see how well that works out.

A minor infraction....really? You can call it anthropomorphizing if you want, but if you don't think animals feel pain, fear, hunger and suffering then what do they feel? Ever have a dog wag and get excited to see you or cower when you are angry?

Take care,
Lisa

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
ACE said:
Becker said:

Turn him in to whom?

sam miller said:

[quote="Marc Imbesi":60uptbc1]
AshleyMckendree said:
[/quote:60uptbc1]

He would not be a police officer for long if I was there and new for sure he killed his cat, it is called Felony animal abuse. A guy like that has no business being a police officer.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
ACE,

You're wrong on this one. Your custy's a POS and should be arrested.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I Do not want do to defend the guy’s action, but….. What he did should not be put in the same “cat”egory as what people do to other people who are inconvenient. Not even in the same “cat”egory as what a Tom does to some nursing kittens he did not father :lol: :lol: :lol: .

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Customer Kills Cat

Dmreed4311 said:
ACE said:
Becker said:

Turn him in to whom?

sam miller said:

[quote="Marc Imbesi":39galkip]
[/quote:39galkip]

He would not be a police officer for long if I was there and new for sure he killed his cat, it is called Felony animal abuse. A guy like that has no business being a police officer.

The legality varies by state and I know here in Florida it's a misdemeanor and it's only a crime because you have to take some course and be licensed by the state in how to properly do it.

Frankly if he did it in a humane, as humane as killing something can be, way I don't see it being any different than the ANIMAL being "put to sleep" at the local pound.

I don't remember the numbers but our pound kills a BUNCH of cats and dogs every month. We also have a "no kill" humane society but that's really a lie because they "transfer" animals to the "do kill" shelter when they can't get them adopted.

I have a cat and a dog and consider myself a dog lover but I'm with Ace on this one. I don't agree with what the guy did but I wouldn't insert myself into the situation.

I cleaned for a guy last week who killed six deer this season and had a few deer heads hanging above his fireplace, does that mean he must abuse his family and is going to be a serial killer some day?

While it may very well be true that all serial killers started out killing animals it is definitely true that not everyone who has killed an animal becomes a serial killer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Op, I highly suggest that you contact a administrator here and make this thread go away.

Someone will found out who this guy is and turn him in. Then in turn, he will get with you.

I'm flat serious.

His actions were totally wrong and disgust me.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
vincent said:
Op, I highly suggest that you contact a administrator here and make this thread go away.

Someone will found out who this guy is and turn him in. Then in turn, he will get with you.

I'm flat serious.

???How would anyone know who he is?
There are a dozen+ police sergeants in my service area.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
vincent said:

I'm flat serious.

Better yet- Tell us who he is and we can all send emails to his superior.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Ken Snow said:
vincent said:

I'm flat serious.

Better yet- Tell us who he is and we can all send emails to his superior.

ROFLMAO!!! I'm with Ken.

Take care,
Lisa

Back
Top Bottom