Drypod

Name
Brad Gouveia
I was at Interlink today and I saw that Dri-eaz has a neat new little fan called the drypod I think. I should of took a pic of it but thought I could find some on the web. Does any one have one yet? What do you think about it. Like like a baby airpath but no wheels.

Name
Brad Gouveia
sm0512DriEaz.jpg

Found a picture of one. They are real nice little fans and stack up nicely. Was real temped to buy one. Only reason I did not buy one was I remember when I bought the back airpath and a month later they came out newer model. I am still pissed about that one.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dri-Pod Floor Dryer
Dry carpets and hard surfaces fast!

Enhance evaporation and quickly remove surface moisture with the Dri-Pod! The Dri-Pod pulls warm, dry air from above and directs it down through a louvered grill in a 360° pattern across the entire floor. With airflow up to 10 ft. across, the ultra-portable Dri-Pod is perfect for speed-drying carpet, tile, vinyl or hardwood in smaller spaces. Item #F451
$159 Suggested List

Product Features
High velocity airflow enhances evaporation
Unique design directs air uniformly across floor in 360°
Lightweight and highly portable
Stackable housing

Product Specifications
Model Dri-Pod Direct Flow Carpet Dryer (F451)
Weight 10.6 lbs. | 4.8 kg

Power 1.1 amps (120V)
Air movement 750 CFM
Dimensions (D × W × H) 15.2 × 15.2 × 8.9 in.
38.5 × 38.5 × 22.5 cm

Dry faster. The Dri-Pod directs air across the floor in all directions accelerate drying.
Save time. Use the Dri-Pod to dry carpets or hard surface floors quickly after cleaning, leaks or spills. Simply place the unit in the area to be dried, and then leave it to work while you move onto the next task.
Dry confined spaces. Use the Dri-Pod in confined spaces like cabinets, closets or bathrooms - it's 15 inches wide so fits almost anywhere.
Move easily. At only 10.6 lbs, the Dri-Pod is very easy to

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Johnny said:
So, what would work better? One Airpath or four Drypods?

Some materials dry differently from others. For restoration, I would want a few Airpaths. For drying carpet after cleaning, I think 2 DriPods would dry as much carpet as quickly as an Airpath.

Disclaimer - I have not tested this. Just my impression.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Personally I would not use an airpath for restoration, even Drieaz told us this @ their flood house, as it sucks up too much juice (11 amps), you can always use an axial on a stand and it would serve two purposes. I would like to see the testing done comparing one over the other as far as drying carpet after a cleaning, and I'd also like to know if the Dripod can't withstand high heat up to 140 degrees for people using heat drying in a job site.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like the idea of it being smaller along with the lower price point.

And since they are cheaper they will be easier to replace when we leave them in customers homes. :shock: :cry:

:mrgreen:

Name
Brad Gouveia
I like they are easy/light to haul around. I do not remember how the cords where stored when I saw them in the store I will have to check it out next time.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
If you go to the link Scott provided and click on specs you will see a cord wrap built in on top of unit, also the cord is 10' long.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
tmdry said:
Personally I would not use an airpath for restoration, even Drieaz told us this @ their flood house, as it sucks up too much juice (11 amps), you can always use an axial on a stand and it would serve two purposes. I would like to see the testing done comparing one over the other as far as drying carpet after a cleaning, and I'd also like to know if the Dripod can't withstand high heat up to 140 degrees for people using heat drying in a job site.

When juice is Plentiful on a flood job I will use and air path especially if I can duct a dehu right up near the top of it. You should try it and use your thermal camera to see whats going on.

For extra juice I hook up mytee s dryer 220 splitter for an additional 40 amps.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
dealtimeman said:
tmdry said:

When juice is Plentiful on a flood job I will use and air path especially if I can duct a dehu right up near the top of it. You should try it and use your thermal camera to see whats going on.

For extra juice I hook up mytee s dryer 220 splitter for an additional 40 amps.

I hear you, I have a couple of the CES spider boxes but they hardly leave the storage or I should say I forget to pick them up, if I had a 220 splitter or the box I would use it. Most of my floods the client wants to use the kitchen or laundry if the job is not in that area.

Have you ran a thermohygrometer on the outlet/exhaust of the airpath when it is ducted from a dehu to see what kind of temps it's putting out? Since most dehus only get in the mid 90s to 110's range, I'd be worried w/ the velocity of the airpath the air temps would drop.

Billy

Name
BH
Thought I would ad something to this. We purchased 2 Dri-Pod Floor Dryer from Interlink yesterday & will use them tomorrow for first time. They seem like they will dry carpet just as fast as our original AirPaths but will know more tomorrow.

They are very small & 2 are about the same height as one Original AirPath. We really think they will be much easier to use & move around so even if they don't dry as quite fast as a AirPath it will still be better for us do to easier, more convenient use & space savings.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I sent micheal (dealtimeman) one. He should have it tomorrow so be can report on them . I only brought two in to check them out. The biggest disappointment is there are made in china. I sure hope the good people that make Dri-Eaz what it is dont end up getting screwed for profits when the send all the manufacturing to china.

Billy

Name
BH

Yes we also was disappointed but not surprised since it seems most everything comes from a foreign country now days, but I still don't understand how come we voluntarily have made a Communist country wealthy. I would be willing to pay a little more for USA made products as I did when I purchased a new Bimini-Top for our boat which was "100% Made in the USA"

I have looked at purchasing new AirPaths for the weight savings & just happen to be in Interlink Nashville where they had the Dri-Pods on display. We thought they were a new mini demo display at first. After finding out they were for real & testing in store with paper we decided to buy 2 for a start. After tasting we may buy 4 more just because they still take up less room than the existing AirPaths which are being retired from truck use if pods work out.

The noise isn't too bad either from one which is another plus.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Please tell us all how you like them. I am considering replacing the fans we currently use.

Name
I'm Rick James
They look cool and I like that they are lightweight. I'm gonna try and drive down to interlink to get a couple in the next couple of days, should probably call and see if they have them in stock first.

Billy

Name
BH
Vivers said:
Please tell us all how you like them. I am considering replacing the fans we currently use.

Ill let everyone know as soon as I can test them out.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
sam miller said:
I just bought this to save some money and its big as hell

http://www.steambrite.com/shazaam-drist ... -8862.html

but it works I want to hear how these drypods works If I can get 2 or 3 in the same space Gargantuan fan sits in I'm in.

52 pounds! Dang you must want a work out to be using that thing daily. I own one and it sits in the shop. It shoot the air straight down not across the floor.

Mike Draper

Spidey Sense said:
I like the idea of it being smaller along with the lower price point.

And since they are cheaper they will be easier to replace when we leave them in customers homes. :shock: :cry:

Try leaving your titanium wand and rotovac at the carwash :oops: :oops: I almost caused a 10 car pile up when I remembered and flipped an illegal U-turn on the highway, big green was on two wheels just like the dukes of hazard that day. 8)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Spidey Sense":r9ij6hea]I like the idea of it being smaller along with the lower price point.

Try leaving your titanium wand and rotovac at the carwash :oops: :oops: I almost caused a 10 car pile up when I remembered and flipped an illegal U-turn on the highway, big green was on two wheels just like the dukes of hazard that day. 8)[/quote:r9ij6hea]

only you..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DAMNNNN 169.99 hummm that might have made my mind up for me......damnit he posted wed and was going to use them today......where is our report :x :x :x :x :x

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom