Dual fuel truckmounts

F

FB7777

I realize heat is important in cleaning, but why do some manufacturers think it still the way to go when it comes to this industry?

You don't see propane on Hydramaster, Prochem, or Sapphire units.

I ran it for a couple years and it was a PITA.

Heat exchange became the standard for a reason.

Does anyone honestly think that this industry is going to return to dual fuel units as the majority of TM sales????

Another farce is propane only TMs... I can just see carpet cleaning operations across America setting up propane tanks on their property to operate their equipment when they have a perfectly good gas fuel tap on their existing fleet

F

FB7777

I'm saving that for a different attack... uh I mean thread :mrgreen:

Mikey P

Administrator
Heat exchangers or gas fired, both are a pains in the ass.

if one aint cracking, leaking red goop or needing $200 of Zimpotherm flushes each month then the other is blowing up in your face or running out of gas cause you thought Chimpo refilled the tank last night.

Who will be the first manufacture to produce a pre spray and rinse that makes cold water all you need?

F

FB7777

My butler HE and blower exhaust exchangers have over 4000 hours each

no blow-ups, leaks or " I thought you filled the hot water maker"

PCCN

Totally agree with you all. Why in the world anyone would choose to take a chance on blowing up themselves, let alone their truck, with an additional fuel source is beyond me. Even my previous 21 year old Butlers did 190 degrees which was plenty of heat to work with a little dwell time and good prespray. Now my newer Apex pumps to 250 so there is no imagination that could make me understand why all companies are not using heat exchangers. It's hard enough making sure the main truck fuel tank is filled, so it is just a waste of time and additional maintenance, space, and fuel dolalrs to care for another fuel tank/source.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes secondary fuel sucks, the cost of it and especially the time wasted fetching it and the maintenance for the heater or burner.

Been there done that, don't care to go back.

As far as heat, those using a secondary fuel source are hotter and the initial cost of purchase is generally cheaper. However I'd question if that doesn't equal out when you add in the additional costs of operation.

It comes down to personal preference and prefer heat exchange.

The Butler with Max Heat does really cook!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
if i WERE to build another Steam Genie i would go with Butler HX.........

this blatant ad is no promise of another Genie real OR make believe!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Heat exchangers are now old technology......

Saphire is now ditching the HX designs and have ordered a bunch of LG #3 and LG #4.... So i guess the new 370 will have a LG

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If they are offering propane that doesn't move 30-year old ahead of Heat Exchange.

If they are I'd guess it would be to address a lower price point, not an improvement over HE.

Bob Foster

joeynbgky said:
Heat exchangers are now old technology......

Saphire is now ditching the HX designs and have ordered a bunch of LG #3 and LG #4.... So i guess the new 370 will have a LG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marc Imbesi

Mikey P said:
are you one of those assholes who shampoo carpet in homes with kids Mark?

...maybe I shld have stay dormant...used profanity and misspelled my name...when are you gonna hold yourself to your own appointed standards?

To answer your question...OPing fulltime was the business plan to get me started quickly, here in the Valley....also in the plan is an ETM in a Ford Transit Connect....was scheduled for 3rd QTR 2012, but Im behind a bit....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
pfred said:
My butler HE and blower exhaust exchangers have over 4000 hours each

no blow-ups, leaks or " I thought you filled the hot water maker"

He does.
However, due to ethical consistency, when he does do it, he considers himself a chimp.
And as a result, treats himself as such :p

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Marc Imbesi said:
[quote="Mikey P":174tmxo9]Who will be the first manufacture to produce a pre spray and rinse that makes cold water all you need?

Encap doesnt require hot water......[/quote:174tmxo9]

And if I am not mistaken, according to Brian it does not need water either.

Mikey P

Administrator
Marc Imbesi said:
[quote="Mikey P":1wil8mcb]are you one of those assholes who shampoo carpet in homes with kids Mark?

...maybe I shld have stay dormant...used profanity and misspelled my name...when are you gonna hold yourself to your own appointed standards?

To answer your question...OPing fulltime was the business plan to get me started quickly, here in the Valley....also in the plan is an ETM in a Ford Transit Connect....was scheduled for 3rd QTR 2012, but Im behind a bit....[/quote:1wil8mcb]

So to make money quickly you are willing to smear piss and feces in homes where children play on the carpet.

Just wanted to be clear about that.

and WHY did you get rid of the Steam Way again?

Marc Imbesi

Mikey P said:
So to make money quickly you are willing to smear piss and feces in homes where children play on the carpet. Just wanted to be clear about that. and WHY did you get rid of the Steam Way again?

I never said I clean piss and feces with OP....I use a FlashSpotter hooked up to a ProSpotter...I use this ProSpotter and OP for upholstery, also....I hope I am clear about this....

...again, I sold the Powermatic b/c I was never a grease monkey and it was mounted in an older Ford Van that wouldnt make it 2400 miles....

Mike Draper

I suppose some cleaners like the performance that you will never ever get with a butler max hx or any other hx system. lets not even go into what its like cleaning with butler max hx in the middle of 10 degree weather. you will never get 200 or even 190 ATW for that matter, evvvveeerrrrrrr. I'll swallow those words and apologize when someone post a video working in cold weather and getting 190+ atw sustained with a butler max hx. if its 10 degrees you wont even get 180 sustained with that butler system. nice try on the attack though. :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Does anyone honestly think that this industry is going to return to dual fuel units as the majority of TM sales????

of coarse not .
However, flame burners will always be a part of the market due to their ability to sustain unparalleled, near instant heat across a wide range of easily adjusted temps as conditions dictate

..L.T.A.

Walt

My personal experience with my all propane TNT is - 250 degree water - as much as I want - never dipping, never spiking. And 1.7 gallons per hour - which equals $4.70 total fuel cost per hour - and I pay retail and let them pump the propane. Excellent suction.

I wouldn't trade it straight across for any other TM currently made.

F

FB7777

Mike Draper said:
Ol Freddy must feel threatened by Les. I cant see any other reason for his stupid post.
of course you can't see the reasoning Mike ... I wouldn;t expect you to comprehend a logical post

what percentage of the market do you think are propane units Mike?

compared to 10 years ago, do you believe that number has increased or decreased?

Do you honestly believe propane units are going to gain market share over the next decade?

You can defend your purchase but most guys that have 'been there and done that' disagree

again Prochem, Hydramaster and Sapphire are building what cleaners want... none are propane units

F

FB7777

Mike Draper said:
I suppose some cleaners like the performance that you will never ever get with a butler max hx or any other hx system. lets not even go into what its like cleaning with butler max hx in the middle of 10 degree weather. you will never get 200 or even 190 ATW for that matter, evvvveeerrrrrrr. I'll swallow those words and apologize when someone post a video working in cold weather and getting 190+ atw sustained with a butler max hx. if its 10 degrees you wont even get 180 sustained with that butler system. nice try on the attack though. :lol:

You realize these rare 10 degree temps you're talking about a couple months that are typically slower anyways right Mike?

I realize your whopping 5 years in business has provided you with all the answers , but my 20 plus years cleaning some of the same facilities monthly all year long tells me that a 30 drop in cleaning water temp isn't a big deal.

Good luck with that fire breather unit tho... you should be able to steal all the biz away from all the lowly Butler users...

maybe then you can charge more than $99 for 3 rooms and a hall :shock:

Mike Draper

Fred, don't you have a propane tank next to your double wide trailer? Or is it a single? hey Marty, blow me

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll have you know that my 3700 sq ft, 5 bed room, 4 bath with in ground pool, home was paid for while you were still on your mother's teet Draper

Did I mention that I have over two million dollars buried somewhere on my two acre back yard?
Did I also mention that my smoking hot wife wiped my brow and spoon fed me peeled grapes while I dug that hole?

-Phred on Mikey's almost 2 year old Droid smart phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom