Filter or no filter

M

Mattsfc

So who actually uses online filters and who does not ?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We use a large filter basket to "catch" the larger debris to protect blower. The filter box assembly has two 3" ss plumbing from waste tank to filter box and two 2.5" pipe plumbed externally for hose hook up.

DSCF0754.jpg

The problem with filters are the users, and that they don't get cleaned out after every job. Even with a larger blower, if the filter is even half full of crap, I will notice a performance drop.

S

sam miller

I bought Joe B new Inline filter with replacable bags its pretty big not as big as a devastator can do 3 to 4 jobs before throwing out dirty bag I have a 2.5 inlet and outlet run 2.5 into the house first 50 feet then I drop to 25 to 50 feet of 2 in hose.

No loss of suction and not a lot of debree in the tank.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Mikey P said:
I use a inline pool type on my Judson and none on my Vortex.

I would fun filter less too if I had a waste tank that had a concave bottom with a convenient dump port at the lowest point, but mine tank is flat and the dump valve are 2 inche from the bottom of tank floor. If I ran filter less I would have to clean out the tanks every month and that is no fun and doesn't make me any money, just cost me money.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
For short run residential jobs I use the inline 2 1/2" mighty filter but on long runs it all goes in the tank.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I don't use filters never have. So what if that stuff goes in your tank. It is faster to just rinse the thing out every day than to mess with a filter imo. I do only dump into sanitary cleanouts. If I was dumping on lawns then it may be more of an issue.

To the guy with a flat tank, that sucks and I would use a filter in that case.

One thing I did that made a big difference was coat the inside of my tank with a product called coal tar epoxy. held up amazingly well and stuff comes off of it very easy.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The bottom line is simply this:

Use a filter if you find cleaning out your tank and in-tank blower filter to be a hassle.

All other considerations (like loss of vacuum) are just more bulletin board talk from the business deprived amoung us.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I use the Mytee filter. The piglets get changed out a couple of times a job. Even with vacuuming, the thing fills up fast. My average hose run is only 100 ft. If I go to 150 ft I don't use the filter.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you run filter less is that illegal in your town?

I have to filter the water if I want to dump down a sanitary sewer or I can be subject to large fines here.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mike Draper said:
I have a judson so I dont need no stinking filter. I'll never use one again.

Mike I own a judson too, but your comment makes no sense.

As much crap I get in the filter even after vacuuming, I do not want to fish that shit out of the waste tank. Besides that pile of crap doesn't flow very good through the 1.5 outlet when draining.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Draper said:

Judson tanks won't accumulate carpet lint over time??

we run 2.5" cuff Mytee
stainless mesh filter is all

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
vincent said:
Mike Draper said:

Mike I own a judson too, but your comment makes no sense.

As much crap I get in the filter even after vacuuming, I do not want to fish that shit out of the waste tank. Besides that pile of crap doesn't flow very good through the 1.5 outlet when draining.
Good point, I think all dump valves should be 3" problem solved... I just think I can get more consistant extraction with no filter, I just clean the tank out once.and a :twisted: while..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Kieth I was about to post the same thing. 3" is pretty standard RV hardware, valves and such are common.

That was one thing Bane had right.

Mike Draper

At over 700 hours and never a single clog when dumping my tank . Spend time doing things I enjoy rather than waste time cleaning a filter. I hope u guys enjoy it though.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I usually park on a hill to make sure the dump port is in the downhill corner. Always get a clean dump. Here in rural west KY there are plenty of good dumping spots.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Since you non filter guys have stinky ass tanks.

Do you use chlorine in them?

I put few chlorine tablets in mine everyday.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My tank isn't particularly stinky.

I'll try to get pix tomorrow of its shiney insides. Stainless steel. My dad and I made it 28 years ago, and it's been in seven vans since then.

Still looks new, like today's stainless tanks will look in 2040.

I don't put chlorine in it because I don't want to deal with that. Occasionally half a bottle of Mr Clean in 1/3 tank of hot water, drive and slosh it before dumping.

Billy

Name
BH
We use the AT Stainless on the side of the tank we purchased with truck

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Billy said:

take those junk things off and pitch them in the trash...go straight to the tank and you will have a whole new truck........

Billy

Name
BH
Jim Martin said:
Billy said:

take those junk things off and pitch them in the trash...go straight to the tank and you will have a whole new truck........

To each his own I like my filters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom