Hats off to Tuthill manufacturing!

Name
BradFenstermaker
I picked up a New/Old stock 59 that had problems from the get go after running it on the first job.

Long story short Tuthill invited me to the plant and helped me tear down and completely refurbish it. They made sure I left with a spec blower.

Put in the next weekend and it works as it should.

This was not what I expected to get when I recieved the call back from service department manager.

Above and beyond customer service to help us.

Thanks to Tuthill for helping out a little biz.

Name
I'm Rick James
How much does a refurbished 59 blower cost.. I saw they are around $2400 new online.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
mike that gerbil deal is just wrong,i heard about it years ago and always wondered how true it was :oops: :shock:

Name
BradFenstermaker
The 11 yr old NEW/OLD stock blower got tore down and completely polished and 1 endplate had to be milled quite a bit. A complete bearing kit was put in. Those shiney lobes sure looked sweet.

A combo of corrosion from sitting 11yrs and flat spot bearings. Warpage may have been caused from groove/rubbing heat.

I made the mistake of spraying lube trying to work with it again for a day and that just let the lobes cut further and further into the plates.

Apparently pumps and blowers should get rotated often if they are doing some shelf time.

It was fine til it was installed and put under load I guess. Less than 5 mins it locked up.

Refreshed unit has run great for 30+ hrs.

dgargan

I think the company that sold you the blower should have picked up the ball and stood behind he sale. Glad to hear the manufacture is reputable.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I'm pretty sure that Brad got his blower from the same source I got mine from. It isn't a company, it's an individual. The blowers are new, but were bought as surplus by an INDIVIDUAL and he decided to sell some of them. I never imagined, nor would expect that any type of warranty would come with the blower. I put one on my Vortex about a year ago and have had no problems at all. Crap happens.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think he should of at least been reimbursed for the rebuild....I don't think it was a matter of "Crap Happens"...and I am more then sure if the shoe was on the other foot you would not be saying that.......I look at it as more the right thing to do...After all..it was supposed to be new.....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I was the one who sold brad and many others the blowers. I did not imply or say that there was warranty on the blowers. The half price on the blowers reflected this. I called everyone I knew that had a vortex 777 when I originally bough the first batch (6 blowers) so everyone could get in on the deal. Only one guy bought two and I have the rest in my shop.

As more guys started needing blowers, I made a call to the auctioneer who had originally sold me the blowers and asked to buy more. He agree to sell more but at an increased price due to "market value" to insure he was getting the most money for his client. I have bought three times from him and every time there has been an increase in the price.

Out of 16 blowers, I still have 4 left. All have been good and none had problems except this one. Retail on these blowers is around 3400 dollars or more from a distributor. I was selling the blowers for 1650 To board members but to brad I did him a "favor" and made nothing on it and sold it for 1400.

I have sold a few at 2000 to people I don't know without problems. On ebay and othe online industrial market places I see them used for 2000 and up.

All I did was try to help, how can I have a warranty on something I didn't make money on?

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
So Jim, if you bought a lot of surplus titanium wands from a dealer going out of business, and decided you didn't need all of them and sold one or two or ten, you would WARRANTY any problems with that wand? And since were in the spirit of predicting how someone we don't know's reaction to a particular situation, I'd say hell no you wouldn't.

If I buy somehting from an individual, not a distributor, I consider it used, wether it's new or not, so I wouldn't expect the selling party to be responsible for anything that happens after they sold it. Now if a warrant was implied by the seller, then I can see being upset, but none was with mine. And yeah, crap happens. If you want a warranty, buy from a licensed dealer.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ed said:
So Jim, if you bought a lot of surplus titanium wands from a dealer going out of business, and decided you didn't need all of them and sold one or two or ten, you would WARRANTY any problems with that wand? And since were in the spirit of predicting how someone we don't know's reaction to a particular situation, I'd say hell no you wouldn't.

If I buy somehting from an individual, not a distributor, I consider it used, wether it's new or not, so I wouldn't expect the selling party to be responsible for anything that happens after they sold it. Now if a warrant was implied by the seller, then I can see being upset, but none was with mine. And yeah, crap happens. If you want a warranty, buy from a licensed dealer.

if I bought a pallet full of blowers and sold them and one was bad..I would pay to help have it rebuilt....not because there was or was not a warranty...just because I would feel it was the right thing to do...not everyone is like that..but IMO..thats the right thing to do...I would not give them a full refund but I would help pay to have it fixed...I would help them out....and there is a big difference between some stupid wand that not to much can go wrong with it then a blower....

So I guess what you are telling me is that out of all those blowers that were sold...if it was your $1800 bucks that happen to buy the one bad one out of all of the whole bunch...you would of just pitched it to the side and said..."well...Crap Happens..".???

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Yes Jim, that is what I'm telling you. I'm not telling you I would buy Michael a dozen roses. I'd be pissed about the situation, and probably kick myself in the ass for not ordering from a dealer, and I would probably let Michael know what happened, but no, I wouldn't expect him to do anything. On the other hand if I bought something from you and you stood behind it as you say you would, with no obligation to do so, I would let people know what you did even though you weren't obligated.

I don't know if you know Michael personally, but I do. If you do know him, you'd know that he is a really good person and will help anyone he can. It is unfortunate what happened, but it wasn't intentional

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ed said:
Yes Jim, that is what I'm telling you. I'm not telling you I would buy Michael a dozen roses. I'd be pissed about the situation, and probably kick myself in the ass for not ordering from a dealer, and I would probably let Michael know what happened, but no, I wouldn't expect him to do anything. On the other hand if I bought something from you and you stood behind it as you say you would, with no obligation to do so, I would let people know what you did even though you weren't obligated.

I don't know if you know Michael personally, but I do. If you do know him, you'd know that he is a really good person and will help anyone he can. It is unfortunate what happened, but it wasn't intentional

I like Michael...smart guy...helps out a lot of people...and I have nothing against him...how he handles his situations is up to him...I am only saying that...thats what I would of done...

dgargan

I agree with Jim. It's just the right thing do. And I don't believe he gave the blower to brad for cost.

dgargan

I agree with Jim. It's just the right thing do. And I don't believe he gave the blower to brad for cost.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ummm Yes he did. I paid more for the 2 blowers I bought from Micheal then Brad did and I'm his friend.

Basically Micheal lets folks in on his deal. It was the same as if Brad was buying from Micheals source. Micheal didn't get a warrranty and neither did anyone else. Sucks but I would have been happy to sell Brad a Blower for 3k and offered a warranty but he wanted to pay $1400 and take the same risk Micheal did when buying them as I know he didn't buy them with a warranty.

Hell I buy suff from repo all the time I usually do pretty damn good but sometimes I buy shit and lose my ass but thats the risk when chasing big rewards.

hogjowl

Idiot™

Now you guys are just going to have to find something else to find wrong with this Micheal guy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

This reminds of the time I bought that Vacuum hose from Joe....Come to find out he was the middle man and when the wrong stuff was sent he just washed his hands of it and left me hanging....

in my mind...once you become the seller...you become the responsible party to right the wrong......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

whats the difference...warranty....no warranty..distributor or not....its just the right thing to do....

Willy P

Name
Willy P
glenboy said:
mike that gerbil deal is just wrong,i heard about it years ago and always wondered how true it was :oops: :shock:[/quote

I heard the kit was on special at Lectrocob.com

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Martin said:
[quote="John Olson":3uomskkc]Completely different. Joe claims to be a distributor.

whats the difference...warranty....no warranty..distributor or not....its just the right thing to do....[/quote:3uomskkc]

I am going to have to whole heartedly disagree Jim. The difference is Micheal found a deal called up a people and asked if they wanted in. It would be the same thing if I was driving down the road and someone was having a yard sale and had a box of widgets and I knew you needed widgets. I call you up and say hey Jim this dude has a bunch of widgets and I know you need widgets want me to get you some? You say sure get em for me. I buy them you pay me back I send them to you and crap 1 of them doesn't work. By your reasoning since I did you a solid I should be responsible for you widget not working and should come out of pocket for your bad luck?

please explain you side other then it is the right thing to do as I see nothing in that scenario or any scenario where "the right thing to do" comes into play.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom