How long does it take you to wand a staircase?

Name
Jeff T
I’ve got a habit of cleaning the risers on the way up, and tread and bullnose back down. I clean up the riser, bullnose and tread on the way back up. Fooked, I know, but stairs are always given the least amount of attention when being vacuumed, and take the most amount of abuse ( PSI of treading on, and the carpet was never meant to be stretched over bullnose), I clean the shyte out of stairs......

Mikey P

Administrator
Did you cuff the bullnose?

I run the glide along it side to side on my way back up.

This staircase is at my Marine base where I do the upstairs carpet first then all the vinyl downstairs. I get to feel the carpet as they dry over the next hour, which is really f'n fast, bullnose included. Never had a redo there in 90 plus visits.

Been doing it this way for longer then I can recall, as do my 4 techs.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I run the glide along it side to side on my way down the first time.

This staircase is at my Marine base where I do the upstairs carpet first then all the vinyl downstairs. I get to feel the carpet as they dry over the next hour, which is really f'n fast, bullnose included. Never had a redo there in 90 plus visits.

Been doing it this way for longer then I can recall, as do my 4 techs.
Wouldn't work here. You'd end up with brown noses.

Reactions: ruff

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't see how the glide is going to get the whole bull nose, especially the lower part. Seems like it would be a bit of a struggle. When I am cuffing the bullnose, I can really feel a lot of moisture on the lower part. I would have to reverse the wand to get at it. Just seems easier to cuff it.

Reactions: ruff

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't see how the glide is going to get the whole bull nose, especially the lower part. Seems like it would be a bit of a struggle. When I am cuffing the bullnose, I can really feel a lot of moisture on the lower part. I would have to reverse the wand to get at it. Just seems easier to cuff it.

The key is to not to over wet ot in the first place.

ESPECIALLY noses that are severely hard packed with dried mud.

You aint getting it all out sork out disengaging the carpet and pit washing, so just clean ...." enough"....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The key is to not to over wet ot in the first place.

ESPECIALLY noses that are severely hard packed with dried mud.

You aint getting it all out sork out disengaging the carpet and pit washing, so just clean ...." enough"....
I do tend to get them quite wet if they are heavily soiled. Some times I even scrub with a brush.

Mikey P

Administrator
Once another cleaner as made adobe out of the bullnose, it aint coming out.
Spready the yarns and take a peek. If you see the polypropylene scalp, dont over clean the bullnose.

Round glides make it so easy to not over wet them.

Reactions: Absher Carpet

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
This is all private and confidential information only between me and my client.

Reactions: Nomad74
Back
Top Bottom