Human urine with cranberry juice and medication in it

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Consensus is way difference than proven scientific fact. With many parties having a vested interest, it is hard to get agreement on facts. I

Having served on the S100 Standards Committee, I can attest that one party kept the standards from final publishing for a very, very long time. Scott, even though employed by a product manufacturer for many years has long been a voice of unbiased reason in an environment that both a lack of bias and reason were not in the majority.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
With the understanding that the criticisms of an "apostate from the IICRC church" can't be considered objective, my position is still one that has an expectation that they IICRC can make things better.

If you polled fresh faced technicians leaving a "CCT Class", the brightest and best would likely tell you the pH range needed to stay safe on stain resist carpet, that cationic disinfectants are a "no-no", and they might even be able to parrot the properties of "3rd", "4th", and "5th" generation nylon.

I feel with the technical expertise present in the IICRC community, a more concerted effort needs to be made for these cleaners to leave with an understanding of the issues that we discussed in this thread and others.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
With the understanding that the criticisms of an "apostate from the IICRC church" can't be considered objective, my position is still one that has an expectation that they IICRC can make things better.

If you polled fresh faced technicians leaving a "CCT Class", the brightest and best would likely tell you the pH range needed to stay safe on stain resist carpet, that cationic disinfectants are a "no-no", and they might even be able to parrot the properties of "3rd", "4th", and "5th" generation nylon.

I feel with the technical expertise present in the IICRC community, a more concerted effort needs to be made for these cleaners to leave with an understanding of the issues that we discussed in this thread and others.
Well I would consider the last few responses quite the derail of the thread. But a worthy derail

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Scott do the mills get involved in anyway in the writing of these standards?

Yes. Two members of the consensus body writing the S100 represent carpet manufacturers. There are also comments and occasional random input form manufacturers. Some are carpet cleaners, instructors (for example Jim Smith who has degree in chemistry and tries to keep out MUS (made-up stuff), and manufacturers. Although it represents a small fraction of all professional carpet cleaning, dry compound is supported by a representative from Host and Millicare. Very few who actually clean for a living volunteer to put in all the hours that are required to be part of a standard writing committee. So IMO, cleaners are under-represented.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Very few who actually clean for a living volunteer to put in all the hours that are required to be part of a standard writing committee. So IMO, cleaners are under-represented.

You are so right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom