I'm notch yo momma!

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Ok dim wits..

I am creating a hard surface brush glide that will fit many wands. In order to do so I will start with 5 versions to test.

Each time you take off a glide by heating and prying you significantly reduce it's strength and ability to grab hold.

The notch OBVIOUSLY will make the whole process go smooth, easy and cause no damage to the glides, especially the carpet glide.

If the brush glide works as planned it will make the (select) carpet wand out perform any pos existing hard surface wand on the market.

You can either convert an old wand or notch you one and only to make seal outs quick and easy.

both Devs
PC Ti
Westpak Ti
CMP low profile
possibly the AW29

YFP!
Now you have my attention. That would be an awesome addition (Brush Head) for the wand. Make it happen Mike!

steve_64

I would like a wand with a push button quick head change. 3/4 inch wand flared to 2in with a 14in 12in and 10 carpet head and a couple hard surface sizes as well.
Has to be a simple push of a button swap. Internal solution lines that snap together in the wand.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you make a brush head attachment, make it to where it encloses the water jets or it’ll spray everywhere at 1200psi

Reactions: steve_64

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
There is nothing wrong with it. But there are a couple of refinements that I have thought of that would probably only matter to me.

steve_64

We already have the Dev14 designed both internal and external fits, we just won't sell them for 2 reasons. One because I promised Tom I wouldnt and two Devastator owners are fvcking morons.
Did you mean jets instead of fits? Otherwise I'm confused.

Mikey P

Administrator
Fvck.

Screenshot_20200430-170625.png

• Sad
Reactions: Nomad74

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

I would love to hear whats wrong with your Devastator

Ok. Here’s my gripe list for the Devastator.

1. It bugs me that PMF has anything to do with it. I’m just not a fan. I would choose Westpak over PMF.
2. I prefer to use a vinyl cuff at the wand. It would be nice if the tube had a 3mm bevel at the cuff end.
3. The Mytee handle is OK. It serves it’s purpose. But, I have on several occasions laid the wand down flat to go under a bed, the wand heads go under but then the handle does not. These are instances where I need to go all the way under the bed to the opposite wall. The handle is wider than the head is tall.
So. I’m not excited about having the Mytee handle in the first place. I would prefer something like a suicide knob. Again. You asked. This is just what I would like.
4. The big chunk of metal for the the hose splitter is ugly and it catches on things. I’d like to see two smalller diameter hoses coming from the trigger to the manifolds.
5. The manifolds. A true example of PMF phoning it in. Ok. First, can the manifolds be tucked under the spray shield. Can the solution fitting be a 90 also under the spray shield. So when you wand back against something you only come in contact with the shield. Not the hose. Not the fitting. Not the manifolds.
Second, can the manifolds have an offset instead of being straight. So that the jets can be set to fire straight to the glide instead of the outside jets being turned.
6. The swivel. The swivel is solid. The swivel doesn’t need to be changed. But, could it be a smooth bore internal bearing. Yes the internal diameter is reduced but when connected at the vacuum chamber which is so narrow, does it truly matter.
7. The vacuum chamber. I don’t care for the machining on the faceplate. Anyway, there is no real technology in the chamber other than a small rounded edge leading to the swivel. Have you ever seen the inside of a teardrop breather on an S&S carburetor. It has a cone directing airflow through the carb body. This has to be there for a dynamic reason. A cone could be added to the back of the faceplate for even crazier CFM’s. I know, minds just blew.
8. The glide. Glide is fine. Maybe a green glide would be better. Who knows. But my gripe is that I would prefer the spray shield to come down further behind the glide. Similar to an un-glided wand. To prevent overspray in sone situations.
9. Should I mention the wand buying experience. Never mind

So that’s it. Let me have it.

• Wow
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Ok. Here’s my gripe list for the Devastator.

1. It bugs me that PMF has anything to do with it. I’m just not a fan. I would choose Westpak over PMF. Westpak is an importer, not a manufacturer
2. I prefer to use a vinyl cuff at the wand. It would be nice if the tube had a 3mm bevel at the cuff end. Buy a grinder weirdo
3. The Mytee handle is OK. It serves it’s purpose. But, I have on several occasions laid the wand down flat to go under a bed, the wand heads go under but then the handle does not. These are instances where I need to go all the way under the bed to the opposite wall. The handle is wider than the head is tall. Agreed
So. I’m not excited about having the Mytee handle in the first place. I would prefer something like a suicide knob. Again. You asked. This is just what I would like. Yep
4. The big chunk of metal for the the hose splitter is ugly and it catches on things. I’d like to see two smalller diameter hoses coming from the trigger to the manifolds. Agreed, a Westpak Brass Y would be my choice, and Tom's I imagine
5. The manifolds. A true example of PMF phoning it in. Ok. First, can the manifolds be tucked under the spray shield. Can the solution fitting be a 90 also under the spray shield. So when you wand back against something you only come in contact with the shield. Not the hose. Not the fitting. Not the manifolds. Move the manifold, you **** up everything, fail.
Second, can the manifolds have an offset instead of being straight. So that the jets can be set to fire straight to the glide instead of the outside jets being turned.
6. The swivel. The swivel is solid. The swivel doesn’t need to be changed. But, could it be a smooth bore internal bearing. Yes the internal diameter is reduced but when connected at the vacuum chamber which is so narrow, does it truly matter. Stop while you're ahead.
7. The vacuum chamber. I don’t care for the machining on the faceplate. Anyway, there is no real technology in the chamber other than a small rounded edge leading to the swivel. Have you ever seen the inside of a teardrop breather on an S&S carburetor. It has a cone directing airflow through the carb body. This has to be there for a dynamic reason. A cone could be added to the back of the faceplate for even crazier CFM’s. I know, minds just blew. Best chamber in the industry. it does not need to be anything other than what it is. Or would you enjoy complete lockdown?
8. The glide. Glide is fine. Maybe a green glide would be better. Who knows. But my gripe is that I would prefer the spray shield to come down further behind the glide. Similar to an un-glided wand. To prevent overspray in sone situations. The Glide sucks, but I wont tell you whats wrong it it
9. Should I mention the wand buying experience. Never mind Like I said...

So that’s it. Let me have it.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm about to order a few things for my Devastator. I've got a couple questions before I do.

Somehow, I don't have a problem with the check valves for the jets but should I replace them anyway? Should I just take them out and ditch them? The wand leaks a tiny bit anyway and I'm very used to cleaning up after myself.

I'm still on the original glide from like 2 years ago. Should I just order the one on Tom's site because it fits great and I seemed to get plenty of life out of the mini slot glide?

Does GreenGlide make a glide that fits the wand perfectly? Which glide?

I don't think I'm interested in any kind of cutting into the head.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom