Is this video too dark...?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
We're going to be doing a LOT of them for the store section of the new site. I've shot this one at least 6 times, finally got all the info I want into it, and now I'm wonderin' if we need to re-do it yet again with more focus on lighting.

6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTEqGgfpBgQ6]

Name
Lee Stockwell
YES it is. Get some lighting.

Lose the reference to HD, and the clanging pipes.

I'd suggest not having the gymnastic demonstration, perhaps another way to show capability of the reel brackets.

...a nice shirt, and backdrop.

I know your installs can be great, just think its presentation not quite perfect yet.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
"...a nice shirt..." How about if I just lose some weight and wear the same thing without such a "belly emphasis"... :lol:

Yeah, I thought the same thing about HD when I saw it.

Shooting it outside for best light (as we have most videos...) is a pain with regard to background noise. In review, I've heard everything from radio music (from the company next door), to jets overhead, to a chainsaw in the background... each time, warranting a re-shoot.

So... set it up so that no trucks are in the background..?

The pipe clanging thing... agreed if / when we re-shoot it. Didn't see it as enough to "stop the presses" for at the moment.

I thought the "gymnastic demonstration" really put the point across about how solid the install really is. That's the first thing most people ask about when they first hear of the idea.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Doing videos in one take with no editing is hard.

Edit in a shot of something weighing 300#, bags of sand or such, if you think a demo is critical. I don't.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks, Lee.

I do think a demo of stability is important, since so many people ask about that in particular. Getting 300 lbs. into the van and hanging it though (unless I can find someone who weighs that much... :lol: ) may be problematic, though.

We'll do a re-shoot this weekend.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes too dark.... A little bit of enthusiasm wouldn't hurt.

Get someone else to do it Bro. I know better than to put my mug on anything I do....I did it for my Miini Franchises.... and it was horrible.

A pro film crew would only cost you a few hundred bucks....A spokesperson you may find yourself or get Ken Snow to fly out and do it. shiteatinggrin

Good luck.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Brian R said:
Yes too dark.... A little bit of enthusiasm wouldn't hurt.

Get someone else to do it Bro. I know better than to put my mug on anything I do....I did it for my Miini Franchises.... and it was horrible.

A pro film crew would only cost you a few hundred bucks....A spokesperson you may find yourself or get Ken Snow to fly out and do it. shiteatinggrin

Good luck.

Point taken about the enthusiasm. Funny thing is, there are a lot of out- takes when funny stuff happens and we crack up about it. And I've even done a couple joke videos a' la' the carnival barker style of Sham WOW! (Of course, they'll never be on the internet...)

A few hundred bucks... per video... and there will be scores of videos. (That's one of the things that's going to make the new site different- imbedded videos of most of the products in the Store. So, not practical from a cost standpoint quite yet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Duane Oxley said:
[quote="Brian R":3e3sl2rn]Yes too dark.... A little bit of enthusiasm wouldn't hurt.

Good luck.

Point taken about the enthusiasm. Funny thing is, there are a lot of out- takes when funny stuff happens and we crack up about it. And I've even done a couple joke videos a' la' the carnival barker style of Sham WOW! (Of course, they'll never be on the internet...)

A few hundred bucks... per video... and there will be scores of videos. (That's one of the things that's going to make the new site different- imbedded videos of most of the products in the Store. So, not practical from a cost standpoint quite yet.[/quote:3e3sl2rn]

I hear ya. I find it helps if you think of this guy when you're speaking.

tumblr_m1ambedFcf1qdr9tjo2_400.jpg

You GOTTA post the out-takes. You could be sitting on a gold mine. lol

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
So, the entire time that this post has been up, we had another video uploading. It finished a couple of minutes ago. This one features what I call, "Wall Reels".

Looks like we'll be re-doing it as well. But in the meantime, here it is:

3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj03datIqss3]

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks, Chris:

We did one on the shelves, too. But since it's not uploaded and we're going to re-do the rest, we'll re-do it as well.

Right now, I'm finishing up on what I call a "J- hook" idea. It's a wand hanger that can go with the ceiling mount reel idea. The "J" part is the part that you reach up to with your wand. On the other end, it will clamp into place, so that it can't come loose unless you un-clamp it.

I just got a suggestion via E-mail from Jerry that's really cool. So I'll be putting some time into seeing if I can make it work. If I'm successful with it, I'll announce it as well.

We're putting a lot of focus into convenience accessories. The reel mount ideas came over the years, and the videos do show them better than still pictures on the old site did.

We'll be doing the Wand Gauge video soon...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks.

The first time the wall reel idea came up was in 1997, and it was an instant "hit" with the guy I designed it for, since he did a lot of restoration work.

The ceiling mount vacuum reel came up about 2003, if I remember right. I designed it at the request of Brian Edlund. It was a serious pain to do the first time.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Don't assume that video production help has to be expensive. My daughter and niece took production classes in high school, and I'm sure there will be good students in your area. Both girls went on to do television, Shasta is still Sr production manager at MSU.

Even a kid with a couple of Iphones and production software could surprise you. I'll talk to my daughter, it won't cost anything.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks, Lee.

Here's one done outside in the right light. But it was very impromptu and about to rain at the time. We did it because it shows an approach I came up with to mount the hose reel for the situation.

Basically, all of our systems are designed for the vast majority of maintenance to be done from the left side of the system. But this customer wanted us to put the vacuum reel next to the system, on the left, to maximize available floor space. Having a hose reel there would create a serious pain from a maintenance point, so... I designed a different kind of mount for that specific installation.

Originally, I'd planned to fold it backwards, but the customer wanted an electric rewind reel, which, because the motor extends behind the reel, made folding the whole thing back too impractical.

So...

v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F88xqPAZiQv]

potential customers want information, not gonna care about what shirt you have on, or lighting. I think the videos are real good, at explaining the benifits of the system. and thus should serve your purpose real well, you don't have to be Billy Mays pitch man.

I also like the hanging from the roof part, great demonstration.

But I'm weird.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks, Andy.

I, too, think that some demo of how sturdy they really are is important.

Regarding the Billy Mays thing... I've been sort of conflicted about that. The way the videos are is very close to how I'd be explaining it to someone if they were actually there (except for the demo.. I invite people to demo that part themselves). So they're very "real", which, as casual as most carpet cleaners are, is very appropriate, I think.

At the same time, I DON'T want to come across as TOO casual.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I wuz thinking that the stripes added a nice, um "dimensional" effect.

Could have become sort of a trademark or something of the sort... 8)

Name
Lee Stockwell
A little "mind game" to help your script: Imagine you are describing the features and benefits to someone who has just bought the machine....not a potential customer.

You may come across a little less tentative and a bit more convincing as you talk and in your body language.

Connor

Name
Connor
dc klaatu said:
when i speak...
i jus imagine the audience
is naked........ 8)

Oh, is that why you wink and nod and keep putting both hands in your pockets and jingling loose change?

That 'spains alot!

S

sam miller

Ya put a light in the van maybe slide a rx20 in and out to show the difference in space even though Its pretty obvious!

Good Job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom