Mytee Escape Electric Truckmount

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
[ Edited ]:

Actual wattage consumption is 50 amps @ 115 Volts (without Pump-Out).

That is 5750 watts.

A good 6.5 KW generator should be able to operate it,

since you can stage the turn-on sequence.

Our used 13HP Generac model will run it.

Larry

Last edited:
Name
John LaBarbera
John is that 10000 setup ready to clean?

For the Aura Generator and Escape installed. Sales tax and heat xchangers will be a little more. I'm working on a heat xchanger that will be included in the price of the ETM. That's not done yet but close. Maybe can show that at MF9 too.

Name
John LaBarbera
Actual wattage consumption is 37 amps @ 115 Volts.

That is 4255 watts.

A good 5KW generator should be able to operate it,

since you can stage the turn-on sequence.

Our used 13HP Generac model will run it.

Larry

Hi Larry,

The quad vac, 1000 psi, 90 gpm pump out Escape ETM is 230 volts not 115. about 30 amps 230 volts. It will work on a dryer outlet or the generator. Or 2 cord 115 vac will run it all except the second set of vacsin a pinch.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
John;

You are correct.

Current draw is higher with the 4 hi-performance vacs.

About 50 amps @ 115 VAC or 25amps @ 230VAC without Pump-Out (5750 watts).

Larry

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mine cost $5500.00 expensive but worth it I think. You won't need propane. Very convenient. This generator doesn't need any maintenance like a regular gen set. It sounds high but for about $10,000 you have a very nice set up.

except that it uses a 200hp GAS engine to power 'lectric vac motors and heat water
I'm sorry John, but i just don't get it..:icon_redface:

..L.T.A.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
except that it uses a 200hp GAS engine to power 'lectric vac motors and heat water
I'm sorry John, but i just don't get it..:icon_redface:

..L.T.A.

We understand, Larry. It's ok.
Larry - I see where you are coming from, and think needing 4 or more separate circuits for an ETM, is needing too much power for the cleaning task at hand in the first place. You might as well have a good gasoline truckmount that can give you good production rates, and a good portable for those hard-to-reach jobs.

Having to run a gasoline generator to get that power is also defeating the purpose of using an all electric truckmount/machine. 10 years ago I felt differently.

Having to pull out appliances to source house power for an ETM, especially with these new gigantic washers and dryers, is not very professional, and could be a liability against you if it caused a claim with your insurance carrier.

When I designed my first ETM about 25 years ago, I was on a quest for as much vacuum as I could squeeze out of a machine, but needing too many circuits is just too much to hassle with when trying to do several setups and tear-downs a day. So I stayed with 2 large case electric vacuum motors. It did a great job (used 3-HT LG for heat), giving me production cleaning and good dry times. However, I still needed my portable when a truckmount just wouldn't reach inside or up (high-rise). Any regular TM user knows that a job needing their portable was not something to look forward to.

One day we were using our gasoline truckmount, and had a job that was a few hundred feet inside and up. I did not have enough vac hose to reach, but I did have a portable in the van. So I used the portable for only the vacuum (kept it 50' from the wand), and ran the pressure line from the van so I had good pressure and LP heat. Except for the bucket brigade in dumping the waste water inside the facility, it worked great.

The only other ETM's that I had seen were the Workmaster, and the Bane. Both of these units made an attempt to make them mobile (carts), but moving them out of the van and into the job, and inside around the job, was not an easy task by any means.

I had my ETM, but could not see a way to make it "portable". So I used it as a truck mounted unit only for several years. It was extremely reliable and powerful (LP heat and Cat 290 pump). I also used 2 gasoline generators for power (2 gennys on a double-stack rack, with fuel line and fuel pump/filter going to the van gas tank).

Then one day I decided to make an ETM that had separate modules - the vacuum module, the high pressure module, and the LP heater module. I made the vacuum tank module as small as it could possibly be without sucking up foam into the blower (10" X 12" X 34" tall). The vacuum module alone could conquer the distance from van to inside, by using it in the van on jobs up to 150' along with the vacuum booster unit either in the van or downline, or taking just the single main vacuum module (42 lbs.) closer on jobs over 150'. The main vacuum module was small, but had a very reliable and large volume APO (30 GPM). It ran on a 15 amp circuit, drawing 13 amps for motor and APO together. The entire ETM has 600 PSI, and uses only 2 -15 amp circuits, and only 1 -15 amp circuit up to 80'.

I discovered using a sight tube to monitor water recovery from the carpet wand. It showed me that 1 or 2 vacuum motors (depending on distance), were more than sufficient to do any cleaning job that we might encounter, by this ETM's ability to perform with separate working modules (only in jobs over 150' away do you need to separate the modules — We usually use 100' on the average when cleaning). We do only a single dry pass after cleaning the carpet as many passes as necessary to get it clean, because the second dry pass shows no more water in the clear tube.

In designing an ETM I found that trying to make it like a gasoline truckmount was not the answer. Make it work within it's own parameters of design/production and ease of use.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think about 35 shipped. Were back ordered waiting for parts.

I would like to one day tour your plant.........I have always been intrigued about how things are built and the process that how something starts out and the end results......

I took the time to check out the plant in Prescott.........pretty impressive place.........

P8170612-1.jpg

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Question for John;
Why not use a propane generator and you will use the propane to fuel a little giant? Something like this:
http://www.generatorsales.com/order/GHS10000.asp?page=GHS10000
on jobs that do not have electricity or gas dryer outlets. You will get more
heat with a little giant than with your heat exchanger and the price will be about
the same that with an aura generator. Of course we are taking about the jobs
where the unit will stay in the truck, not taken to the 5th story of a building.

Luis

Name
John LaBarbera
Larry - I see where you are coming from, and think needing 4 or more separate circuits for an ETM, is needing too much power for the cleaning task at hand in the first place. You might as well have a good gasoline truckmount that can give you good production rates, and a good portable for those hard-to-reach jobs.

Having to run a gasoline generator to get that power is also defeating the purpose of using an all electric truckmount/machine. 10 years ago I felt differently.

Having to pull out appliances to source house power for an ETM, especially with these new gigantic washers and dryers, is not very professional, and could be a liability against you if it caused a claim with your insurance carrier.

When I designed my first ETM about 25 years ago, I was on a quest for as much vacuum as I could squeeze out of a machine, but needing too many circuits is just too much to hassle with when trying to do several setups and tear-downs a day. So I stayed with 2 large case electric vacuum motors. It did a great job (used 3-HT LG for heat), giving me production cleaning and good dry times. However, I still needed my portable when a truckmount just wouldn't reach inside or up (high-rise). Any regular TM user knows that a job needing their portable was not something to look forward to.

One day we were using our gasoline truckmount, and had a job that was a few hundred feet inside and up. I did not have enough vac hose to reach, but I did have a portable in the van. So I used the portable for only the vacuum (kept it 50' from the wand), and ran the pressure line from the van so I had good pressure and LP heat. Except for the bucket brigade in dumping the waste water inside the facility, it worked great.

The only other ETM's that I had seen were the Workmaster, and the Bane. Both of these units made an attempt to make them mobile (carts), but moving them out of the van and into the job, and inside around the job, was not an easy task by any means.

I had my ETM, but could not see a way to make it "portable". So I used it as a truck mounted unit only for several years. It was extremely reliable and powerful (LP heat and Cat 290 pump). I also used 2 gasoline generators for power (2 gennys on a double-stack rack, with fuel line and fuel pump/filter going to the van gas tank).

Then one day I decided to make an ETM that had separate modules - the vacuum module, the high pressure module, and the LP heater module. I made the vacuum tank module as small as it could possibly be without sucking up foam into the blower (10" X 12" X 34" tall). The vacuum module alone could conquer the distance from van to inside, by using it in the van on jobs up to 150' along with the vacuum booster unit either in the van or downline, or taking just the single main vacuum module (42 lbs.) closer on jobs over 150'. The main vacuum module was small, but had a very reliable and large volume APO (30 GPM). It ran on a 15 amp circuit, drawing 13 amps for motor and APO together. The entire ETM has 600 PSI, and uses only 2 -15 amp circuits, and only 1 -15 amp circuit up to 80'.

I discovered using a sight tube to monitor water recovery from the carpet wand. It showed me that 1 or 2 vacuum motors (depending on distance), were more than sufficient to do any cleaning job that we might encounter, by this ETM's ability to perform with separate working modules (only in jobs over 150' away do you need to separate the modules — We usually use 100' on the average when cleaning). We do only a single dry pass after cleaning the carpet as many passes as necessary to get it clean, because the second dry pass shows no more water in the clear tube.

In designing an ETM I found that trying to make it like a gasoline truckmount was not the answer. Make it work within it's own parameters of design/production and ease of use.

I always enjoy your comments. Without question you have a lot of practical experience. I have never seen your units up close but I have heat comment from those that own them and they liked them very much. I think you were just ahead of the industry as a hold. I personally believe that the ETM's are here to stay and will continued to be developed. I do disagree with one comment that you made. I think an ETM has to be somewhat like a TM to be accepted by the tm market. It is in fact, In between a porty and a gasoline TM. But to a degree to compete with a TM it has to have very real similarities. Thanks again for comments on the subject. Btw. How's retirement going for you? Take care.

Name
John LaBarbera
I would like to one day tour your plant.........I have always been intrigued about how things are built and the process that how something starts out and the end results......

I took the time to check out the plant in Prescott.........pretty impressive place.........

P8170612-1.jpg

Jim, you are always welcome to come and see Mytee Products. Let me know when and I will make sure I schedule time to give you a tour. I'll even clean the carpets before you come.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim, you are always welcome to come and see Mytee Products. Let me know when and I will make sure I schedule time to give you a tour. I'll even clean the carpets before you come.

great..thanks...but don't clean the carpets...it just would not have that same production plant feel to it..........

Name
John LaBarbera
Question for John;
Why not use a propane generator and you will use the propane to fuel a little giant? Something like this:
http://www.generatorsales.com/order/GHS10000.asp?page=GHS10000
on jobs that do not have electricity or gas dryer outlets. You will get more
heat with a little giant than with your heat exchanger and the price will be about
the same that with an aura generator. Of course we are taking about the jobs
where the unit will stay in the truck, not taken to the 5th story of a building.

Luis

Thanks Luis for the information. What you suggested certainly is another way of "skinning the cat" sorta speak. The reason we ruled it out was the open flame of the propane is an issue with most franchises. Most O/O have no problem with it though. I personally don't mind the propane, but I'm just one person. Usually, propane is also an additional fuel to purchase. Not a big problem, but an issue none the less with some. We think we can get up to 200 degrees with our system. I like the Aura System because it does not take up any floor space. Most genset manufacturers do not recomend operating the generator inside the van. In addition to fire hazard, dealing with the odor is another negative. Maintenance is another factor. A genset is just another machine to maintain. When it's on the truck engine it's just routine engine maintenance. No EPA issues and a lot less noise. The value of the truck is enhanced by the Aura gen. When you get a new truck just remove and reinstall, or sell it with the truck. In an emergency or camping or what ever its a great to have electricity.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Hell I don't know...got mike fest coming up in February....heading up to Alaska sometime in May.....maybe I can find away to get it between the two.....will have to see.......but I for sure would like the tour.....

I will buy you a beer in Vegas and see what we can work out......

Name
John LaBarbera
Hell I don't know...got mike fest coming up in February....heading up to Alaska sometime in May.....maybe I can find away to get it between the two.....will have to see.......but I for sure would like the tour.....

I will buy you a beer in Vegas and see what we can work out......

See you in Vegas

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

and as you also found, Bob..it's a niche market and will never really compete with gas TMs .
cause when you start adding GAS powered generators to get anything beyond porty performance , the lectromounts lose all their luster .
It's dumb to lose floor space adding a GAS genset when that GAS engine could be used to power a pump and blower

even dumber ti use van's engine to power lectrovacs when direct drive TMs are available ..which have a reputation of uber reliability, simplicity and longevity .
I like John and consider him a stand up guy when it comes to custy service ..but a van powered lectromount is pure silliness

His focus should be on the niche portymount market ...niche in the sense they're second vans for back-up and/or over flow times and BDs that don't have a clue

..l.T.A.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I hope Im not the only one not seeing the point in paying 10k for an electromount that needs a gas engine to run and power the genarator as well as provide electric heat. You could buy a really , really , really, nice slide in for that. I pissed away alot of money in my begining on the whole electromount phenom until I came to the reality I should have got a real tm from the get go. I must say I am fond of my hf olympus porty. I have a 10 story hotel that would have slipped through the cracks if it was not for the porty and the cimex.

Last edited:
Name
John LaBarbera
and as you also found, Bob..it's a niche market and will never really compete with gas TMs .
cause when you start adding GAS powered generators to get anything beyond porty performance , the lectromounts lose all their luster .
It's dumb to lose floor space adding a GAS genset when that GAS engine could be used to power a pump and blower

even dumber ti use van's engine to power lectrovacs when direct drive TMs are available ..which have a reputation of uber reliability, simplicity and longevity .
I like John and consider him a stand up guy when it comes to custy service ..but a van powered lectromount is pure silliness

His focus should be on the niche portymount market ...niche in the sense they're second vans for back-up and/or over flow times and BDs that don't have a clue

..l.T.A.

HaHa, Larry. You don't like the ETM and you've made that perfectly clear many times. I know you "don't get it". Actually, that's cool. Why it EATS at you the way it does is what I don't get. Why do you care that others 'get it" and "like it". You need to try and let it go, Pal, for your own well being. You got me worried about you. Picture yourself in the retirement home and someone comes and cleans your room with an ETM. You'll go nuts. They will probably assign nurse Rachett to you. Hell, you won't even recognize us when we come to visit you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
HaHa, Larry. You don't like the ETM and you've made that perfectly clear many times. I know you "don't get it". Actually, that's cool. Why it EATS at you the way it does is what I don't get. Why do you care that others 'get it" and "like it". You need to try and let it go, Pal, for your own well being. You got me worried about you. Picture yourself in the retirement home and someone comes and cleans your room with an ETM. You'll go nuts. They will probably assign t to you. Hell, you won't even recognize us when we come to visit you.

LOL...it doesn't "eat at me", John
There is a place for your portymount ,but the van powered one should stay a one of a kind side show midway display to attract attention to your booth and other products ...cause that's the only practical value it has

as far as cleaning my nursing home room w/portymount ...I'd be fine with that if the operator is capable ...it's the wave of encRappers smearing around my drool bucket spills that would bother me.....

Pass the strained peas,please

..L.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera
LOL...it doesn't "eat at me", John
There is a place for your portymount ,but the van powered one should stay a one of a kind side show midway display to attract attention to your booth and other products ...cause that's the only practical value it has

as far as cleaning my nursing home room w/portymount ...I'd be fine with that if the operator is capable ...it's the wave of encRappers smearing around my drool bucket spills that would bother me.....

Pass the strained peas,please

..L.T.A.

You're alright, Larry. I guess time will tell on the ETM. The negativity seems to go away as the PCC takes a closer look. While not as powerful as some TM's, Mytee's Escape ETM is more versatile and that makes practical sense. It can do everything your TM can do (except dual wand) for less cost across the board and something yours can't do. If we are at a job that has no electricity I can run the Trex, fans , etc. off my ETM, you're stuck with wanding. Now that may not be a concern for you, but others can see the benefit.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joe;

We are planning a Direct Head-to-Head Cleaning Challenge with

ETM Escape vs. Gas-Powered TM at Nick's BBQ, April 20

(assuming Mytee ships us one by then).

I think the ETM will have more vacuum, when we test CFM at the wand.

The conventional TM will have the Advantage on Heat.

We will have both #3 and #4 Blower TM's to compare to.

Accurate Digital Vac Gauge we will be using:
View attachment 1813

The BBQ will be in Wichita Falls, TX.

Larry

P.S. We also have some customers using the Escape;
if anyone want to talk to an actual user.

Last edited:
Reactions: renegade_cowboy

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
TITLE against TITLE ??

I don't know what I would do with your Judson.

JK :lol:

I think the #4 blower TM's are safe for now,

but the #3 blower TM's will be in trouble.

I do want to test a Breeze 84 Portable, plus a 8.4" Vac Booster,

against a # 47 blower.

Larry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom