Mytee Escape Electric Truckmount

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
How many airwatts does a 45 TM have?

Where is this measurement taken?

The AirWatt measurement is Lift in Inches of Water x CFM / 8.5

At the BBQ, we took measurements with 100' of 2" vac hose at the intake of the wand.

We tested with 12" AW29 wand, 14" CMP and 14" Bentley.

With the AW-29 style wand & 100 ft. of 2" hose,

the higher the lift on the PLUSH white nylon carpet,

the higher the CFM through the carpet.

Lift from the #45 TM at the AW29 wand, while extracting the wet carpet was 11.5" hg or 156" water.

Lift from the Breeze 84 with 25 ft. of 1.5" hose was about 20% less on our shop CGD carpet.

I can only guess at the AirWatts from the #45 Blower,

because we didn't have accurate data on the CFM meter.

I have measured a 14" CMP wand & 45 blower @ 200 CFM.

Assuming 150 CFM thru the AW29 would give 2750 AirWatts for the #45 TM w/12" wand & 100 ft. hose.

The ETM under the same restrictions, would probably be about 1500 AirWatts.

Larry

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The AirWatt measurement is Lift in Inches of Water x CFM / 8.5

At the BBQ, we took measurements with 100' of 2" vac hose at the intake of the wand.

We tested with 12" AW29 wand, 14" CMP and 14" Bentley.

With the AW-29 style wand & 100 ft. of 2" hose,

the higher the lift on the PLUSH white nylon carpet,

the higher the CFM through the carpet.

Lift from the #45 TM at the AW29 wand, while extracting the wet carpet was 11.5" hg or 156" water.

Lift from the Breeze 84 with 25 ft. of 1.5" hose was about 20% less on our shop CGD carpet.

I can only guess at the AirWatts from the #45 Blower,

because we didn't have accurate data on the CFM meter.

I have measured a 14" CMP wand & 45 blower @ 200 CFM.

Assuming 150 CFM thru the AW29 would give 2750 AirWatts for the #45 TM w/12" wand & 100 ft. hose.

The ETM under the same restrictions, would probably be about 1500 AirWatts.

Larry

How good would a 14" wand work with the ETM?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The ETM has Max 2200 AirWatts . . . ,

the Workmaster that I think Richard is recalling, had ~1000 Max AirWatts (45% of the Mytee ETM) . . . ,

The Breeze 84 has 1346 Max AirWatts . . . ,

The Breeze 84 with a 8.4" Booster would have 2020 Max AirWatts . . . ,

so it would be very close in vac power.

The ETM has the 1000 PSI General Pump,

so it would still win on overall cleaning effectiveness.

ETM Parameters - Weight 200 lbs. Footprint - 22"W x 30"L x 40"H

Two 12 gauge Cords from House,

10" Rear wheels, 4" Front Casters

Larry

P.S. Fred - I have some very good cleaners, who utilize #3 TM's.
Actually Larry I can't remember, it was a hybrid, lamb & sutobilt vac blowers. It had decent suck for an electric unit. 2-power cords.

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry, refresh my memory
How many amps does the above system draw under full load?

thanks
..L.T.A.

The Escape uses ~15 amps @ 230 VAC on each of the two cords.

So ~30 amps @ 230 VAC. We have run it on a 6500 watt generator.

It has a 115 VAC to 230 VAC convertor to run off of 115 VAC outlets.

The 14" wand requires more CFM, but it should work fine with the ETM.

I am bringing a 12" Bentley, for testing against the gas TM's.

Larry

P.S. Richard - That sounds like the Workmaster
(designed by Steve Brandt, who will be @ Connections this fall)

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The Escape uses ~15 amps @ 230 VAC on each of the two cords.

So ~30 amps @ 230 VAC. We have run it on a 6500 watt generator.

It has a 115 VAC to 230 VAC convertor to run off of 115 VAC outlets.

The 14" wand requires more CFM, but it should work fine with the ETM.

I am bringing a 12" Bentley, for testing against the gas TM's.

Larry

P.S. Richard - That sounds like the Workmaster
(designed by Steve Brandt, who will be @ Connections this fall)

Thanks Larry for giving all of these answers that we are hounding you about. Hopefully you will sell a few because of it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes it was purchased from Steam Services Fresno during the energy crisis of the 70's. I despised it for residential but loved it for commercial. No stoopid porty to haul around, instead you popped the wheels on her and rolled her into the elevator and up to the floor you were cleaning. Connected to the mop sink and she ran like a champ, much better than a portable and no crazy hose runs to out TM.

With the advancements of the new ETM's, the value to me would still be as a commercial machine for those accounts that require HWE. Then it could even pull double duty as an inplant machine too. I can't see it as an everyday residential unit until the cost of gas just get to be too much to bear for the CLIENTS.

Name
Don
Owner/Operator

I have a Mytee escape plus and a Air hog. I used to run a big 40 hp 47 blower machine. Now i have less than a hour dry time and all the money goes in my pocket, plus business is boomimg. Thanks John! Plus i love the 15 in Titanium wand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shorty and Willy P
Name
Don
Yes it was purchased from Steam Services Fresno during the energy crisis of the 70's. I despised it for residential but loved it for commercial. No stoopid porty to haul around, instead you popped the wheels on her and rolled her into the elevator and up to the floor you were cleaning. Connected to the mop sink and she ran like a champ, much better than a portable and no crazy hose runs to out TM.

With the advancements of the new ETM's, the value to me would still be as a commercial machine for those accounts that require HWE. Then it could even pull double duty as an inplant machine too. I can't see it as an everyday residential unit until the cost of gas just get to be too much to bear for the CLIENTS.
And it has no where to go but up. they promised summer relief on price of gas but it never happened.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks Don

There's not too many users out there
(that haven't got them at giveaway price as beta testers anyway)

so input is valuable

are you one of the beta testers?

how many hours on yours so far?

How often do use a generator ?
(and what size?)

How many breakers have you blown?

as i said, there's not a lot of owners , so sharing your experience is of great value

Thansk

..L.T.A.

pablomoreno

Name
Paul Brown
My Savage 1 pulls 320cfm at the machine, and around 200 cfm at 100'. That's more than a Prochem Legend I tested last month at 100'...178 cfm, but less than a friends smaller Everest, showing 265 cfm at 100ft on my exteck. When I add a booster on the front porch, The flow kicks up to around 350 to 400 cfm depending on the distance from the van. It's adequate and none of my picky clients are complaining....one owns 9.9 million sq ft of commercial real estate.... I need to keep her happy!

hogjowl

Idiot™
When I see an otherwise reasonable person begin to routinely post performance data consistently counter to what the accepted and proven norm is in our industry, I have to question the basis upon which that information is based. Are we all wrong in our understanding of the issue? Are we correct in questioning the motives behind such counter culture claims?

Name
Don
Thanks Don

There's not too many users out there
(that haven't got them at giveaway price as beta testers anyway)

so input is valuable

are you one of the beta testers?

how many hours on yours so far?

How often do use a generator ?
(and what size?)

How many breakers have you blown?

as i said, there's not a lot of owners , so sharing your experience is of great value

Thansk

..L.T.A.
I do admit the are kinks to work out found a very small building i couldn't clean but haven''t thrown a lot of breakers. My biggest complaint is the need to give you a users manual to explain repair and need to have a customer base to e-mail upgrades. I still like it better than my old gas guzzler. what's a beta tester? i had to pay $4,699 plus tax. Now they have them $400 cheaper. That would have atleast covered the damn tax.Oh and no generator. I found a pace on eBay that sells two 50' cords for under $70 buck right to your door.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like to eventually get one with the wheel set just for commercial work where running extended hose lengths is not reasonable and when security is an issue.

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
Richard nailed it. It is ideal for large jobs where you set it up and run all day. It takes about thirty min to unload, set the machine up, and find power. Then you get started and for another 10 min you trip breakers while you find the best power sources. We have found that it is not practical on small residential jobs, but on big commercial it is hard to beat.

In Utah you could prolly clean with a fire hose and a squeegee and get 1hour dry times. For us 4-6 hours on carpet.

Tony

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/...-A461-0AA895C74DD4-27868-00000C6AE4A2DF21.mp4

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what's a beta tester? .

someone that got a unit cheap, free or below cost to use and give feedback on design problems and/or other issues minor or major

Been many years since Dom and Anna have posted anywhere.

what great people they are too.
I've had the pleasure of meeting "Saint" Anna and Dom several times

miss 'em

..L.T.A.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'm all for electrical truck mounts and the moment I will know that they are going to match or get close to the productivity of a regular truck mount, I will switch.

However,for a real cost comparison we'll need to know:

• What's the cost for propane per machine hour?
  • How much time spent fixing or maintaining propane heater?
  • How much time, in addition to putting gas in your vehicle do you spend per week filling up the propane tank? Any extra trips just for propane?
  • How much extra time per job do you spend on average, dealing with tripped circuit breakers?
  • How much extra time per job needed to set the electrical set up required?
  • What's the average cost of fuel when you do need the generator?
  • What do you do when there's no power in the home to be cleaned?
  • How long do the electric vacuum engines last?
  • What's the average time spent fixing electrical related issues?
  • Can you work at the same speed as a good truck mount or do you have to slow down and or do more dry passes?

These (please add if I missed something) will help determine (if indeed there is) what is the real saving in the electrical set up.

Last edited:
Name
Don
Circuits and breakers.

Richard nailed it. It is ideal for large jobs where you set it up and run all day. It takes about thirty min to unload, set the machine up, and find power. Then you get started and for another 10 min you trip breakers while you find the best power sources. We have found that it is not practical on small residential jobs, but on big commercial it is hard to beat.

In Utah you could prolly clean with a fire hose and a squeegee and get 1hour dry times. For us 4-6 hours on carpet.

Tony

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/...-A461-0AA895C74DD4-27868-00000C6AE4A2DF21.mp4

I am licensed in the city for electrical, plumbing, and handyman stuff. I Worked for a electrician and consult him on anything i don't know for sure. But I carry most 220v and some up to 240v breakers, 10/3 line, conduit etc. and the 3 or 4 prong connection box. And can install a box in about 15-20 min. Of course I only do this on contract properties. I also can hook to a 220v a/c unit and others. it's easy to exchange the cord to the blue box if you understand it and when you have the cord made, the next time in only takes 5 min to trade out to another cord. i will try to get a video on you tube so you can see it.

Name
Don
Ofer, A lot of the questions you asked we would be guessing at or we won't know for 5-10 years. But, cost of propane is less than a buck per hour on high (120,000) unit). propane heaters rarely break down, i researched it before i bought it. you use a lot less gas and propane can be a 5 min job maybe to refill. I do my own. don't usually have a problems with tripped breakers the new sensors tell you before hand. i now can set electrical cords in 10 min or less. Don't use a generator and don't clean homes without power. my unit cleans faster than my 40 hp 47 blower i ran before and a shorter dry time. I know it's hard to believe but true and my customers are happier. I do have a back up reg tm in case i needed it and am looking for a trailer to put it in. Plus i could use it on big jobs to get done faster.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you Don, I appreciate and trust your answers.
I work my fair share of portables (a lot more than I'd like to) and here in San Francisco we do trip breakers, I'd say maybe one every 10-15 jobs. Which does add to the time.
What do you attribute the cleaning faster with the electric unit to? (If there is less vacuum you can move the wand faster, though it will take longer to dry.) So I'd be very intersted to know why its faster. At 600 psi that's a tremendous amount of moisture.
Also regarding the dry time.
It looks like the set up on every job, filling propane etc, will prolong every job about 10 to 15 minutes. Which if you work faster will definitely compensate for the loss of time.

Be interesting to hear from others as well.

Name
Don
went from a 12 inch wand to a 15 inch titanium wand with teflon glide. also is made some improvements on mt air hog plus that increased Hg and CFM. Also i use blowers for the first 20 min after each room. OH, and keep the air hog 50' to 100' from the wand.

Name
Nate W.
went from a 12 inch wand to a 15 inch titanium wand with teflon glide. also is made some improvements on mt air hog plus that increased Hg and CFM. Also i use blowers for the first 20 min after each room. OH, and keep the air hog 50' to 100' from the wand.

Curious to know what improvements you made to the Air-Hog to increase HG and CFM...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom