Mytee Trex & Brushes.......

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
afterWithbrushes.JPG
before.JPG
DuringWithBrushesCommercial.JPG
duringWithbrushesResidential.JPG

I wish I had a Trex and the additional brushes when I was scrubbing restaurants. I never go in for my own before/after photos and I think this is the first one I have ever posted. Saved my bacon on residential and commercial this week.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Looks good, I know a couple of guys waiting for the ice show to pick one of the trex jr brush heads units up.

Keep us informed with your likes and dislike of the unit.

Mikey P

Administrator
Has sapphire scientific come out with a brush head for the HOSS yet?
I don't think so.
Are they working on one?

Which should I buy while waiting:
Zipper Super spinner or Rotovac 360iBH?

They feel that it's a saturated market, and their pretty much correct as the 360i is about perfect.

I begged and pleaded to Studebaker and staff to come up with The Little Joe to accompany the full sized HOSS700. In discribing what I though would be a deal killer, I counted come up with anything better than what the 360i has or does.

I tried the Trex Jr recently, minus the brushes and didn't really have enough time or variable carpet to come to a firm conclusion on much other than it's too heavy, the speed control is flimsy and easily broken and I really don't think it needs four shoes or jets. Less is more when it comes to a the total width of the vacuum slot openings

Reactions: Russ T.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Mike, You did a video with the XL and seemed to like it. Did you ever do a comparison post between the XL and the 360i ?

Mikey P

Administrator
I have yet to try the XL with the brushes. My guys have it and just got the brush head.
My observations and discussions with Saiger have led me to conclude that the 3 ports on the i force the brushes to get "more involved" than the four ports on the XL, or the Trex for that matter.

The i without the brushes is a pale comparison to the XL in speed and non streakingness.

Add the brushes and it's almost as fast, possibly a deeper cleaner/flusher, safer on delaminated carpet and loose seams and FAR friendlier to old dudes with bad backs and lazy chimps.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@Nomad74 has one....maybe he'll report in
Hey, sorry, I just signed in and saw your tag. I am so busy working I don't get on the forums much anymore and I'm pretty much retired from dealing and associating with people that ........ you know what, never-mind, not worth it. It all falls on deaf ears anyway.

As for the brush head, I haven't ever used it. It just sits in my garage looking new and pretty. The last time I posted a picture of it, John LaBarbra sent me a message telling me not to use it because the prototype I had experienced some issues that they have since resolved. I believe the issue was the floating extraction ports. To me they looked like they would mar the floor pretty bad if they it a corner. He told me to send it back and they would send me a new one. But honestly, I don't need it. I was just excited to be able to try it out, like when I got my Flex-Star head :( . The CRB kicks ass for me. In my opinion a CRB will do a much better job at prepping a carpet for extraction when compared to a spinning brush head. Here is the logic behind my opinion.

The CRB pulls the hair and lodged debris out of the carpet. It pulls it up and out then throws it into the trays or lodges it up into the head of the unit, keeping the debris there until you can clean them out. The brush head just spins everything around on the floor, churning and grinding the hair and debris into the carpet. There is no vertical action lifting the crap out. If I really wanted to prescrub carpets with a horizontal spinning brush, I would just use my 175 with a brush or red pad, which I do in greasy commercial jobs where restoring the nap and pulling out animal hair isn't an issue.

Don't kill me. Just my personal observation based on my own experience. It works for me.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Take a hard look in your filter and tell me your just churning and grinding debris INTO the carpet. The sheer weight of the extra soil in the filter is impressive.

Nothing lifts soil from the base of the carpet fiber like rotary extraction.

It's not always necessary. I find myself using my CRB a lot, even more than the RotoVac.

But the statement about swirling stuff around on the carpet isn't accurate.

How much have you used the RotoVac?

What kind of Truckmount (blower)?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Take a hard look in your filter and tell me your just churning and grinding debris INTO the carpet. The sheer weight of the extra soil in the filter is impressive.

Nothing lifts soil from the base of the carpet fiber like rotary extraction.

It's not always necessary. I find myself using my CRB a lot, even more than the RotoVac.

But the statement about swirling stuff around on the carpet isn't accurate.

How much have you used the RotoVac?

What kind of Truckmount (blower)?
So are you talking about rotory extraction or a brush head now? Because I'm simply talking about the benefits of a brush head over a CRB. I use a Mytee Trex on the nasty stuff and a DevPro (Tom Prototype, not the Tony Junker) wand on the easy stuff. I've used the rotovac and other toys. As for my blower, Not sure. It's one of those small under powered sapphire 870 tri-lobe things. :)

Reactions: Russ T.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Since Mytee added the extra brush head at no extra cost to the T-Rex and T-Rex Jr, those two tools have been much more popular through Intelrink. Hearing good reports from those who purchased them recently.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
All I know is I am hearing get a lot of great reviews..I turned a few guys at them and they are really happy..I plan on looking at them at the ICE show and see what they are all about..

Mikey P

Administrator
Extra agitation is what the Trex's are about, the snaggletoof glides were more aggressive than the RV and HOSS. But overly so on weak seems and delaminated carpet. When Mytee saw how much attention RV was getting over their brushheads, they did what Mytee does, and copied them. I think they should remove the snaggleteefs if they're going to include brushes, as it's just too risky.

The brush head RVs became the BB rage after I took Grant's suggestion and started using them on resi pile. Nobody was saying shit about them until then.The BH TOTALY reinvents the 360i. It's quicker cleaning, faster drying and zero streaking unit that weighs 15 or 20 pounds less than the Tjr. With only 9' of vacuum post I'm betting it drys quicker then the Tjr's 12 inches and extra jet, which just aint needed.
The site tube on the Jr is about worthless and the speed controller is super delicate.

but what do I know....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Everyone has there own view on it ..same with everything in this industry...but I am hearing a lot more positive then negative..for me..I like to see for myself....but I have spoken to a lot of great cleaners about it and the JR is getting a lot of great reviews..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'm pretty good at picking out the good tools and the bad ones...I am going to give it a good work over...but to be honest.. ( more so even after Scott Warrington is getting good reviews )..I really don't expect to find to much wrong..I have been watching this one for quite awhile..so we will see......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom