Mytee Trex & Brushes.......

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Steel screws and steel nuts?

Do you have an impact driver Damon?
They are stainless 1/8th allen head screws. I don't have an impact gun. I'll heat them up ans see what that does. Yes, I also have a set of easy outs. I just wanted to avoid using them so the screw heads don't get messed up.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well I'm feeling pretty beat up and defeated right now. I'm at the point where I'll just give up. I tried heat, wd40, impact, easy outs, the screws won't budge. I'm not going through this 16 times more. Maybe I can cut the brushes in half then attach them with liquid nails.

Maybe I'll soak the head in PB blast or wd40 for a week and try it again. Until then I'll live vicariously through you guys.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok I need to give a big thanks to Mytee and John LaBarbera. I'm sending my head in and Mytee will install the brushes for me. Man, thank you so much! It was not going well for me and I was just making things worse.

I am no shill, but let me tell you guys a story. When I first bought my Trex, within a few weeks the motor had stripped out. Jerry Valentine and his Wife Tammy hopped in their car and met me in Williams, located about half way for both of us. Jerry and his wife got a hotel room there and we met that evening, where they changed out the motor for me in the parking lot. That was almost 4 years ago and the machine is still going strong. Then at the ICE show a couple of years ago I was chatting with John and was telling him about the play in the carbon fiber neck of my Trex. He said he would send me the metal replacement. I was expecting it to be just the tube, but no, it was the tube and all the hoses, electronics, and levers. Basically a complete handle. I was totally blown away.

I know a lot of guys give Mytee crap on this board, but Mytee has consistently shown that they listen to their customers and have always gone the extra mile. I have seen countless times where a cleaner posted that they needed some odd fitting or had some issue with something, and John pops up out of nowhere and takes care of the guy. I don't see that too often with other companies.

Anyway, I just wanted to sincerely say thanks.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
dude, you were a mod on TeMfs, what the hell do you expect?

Back when they advertised here I use to use a Mytee lint filter. It had a button on it that I would push every time it needed emptying and 3o seconds later John himself would show up to change it out to a new piglet sock.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
dude, you were a mod on TeMfs, what the hell do you expect?

Back when they advertised here I use to use a Mytee lint filter. It had a button on it that I would push every time it needed emptying and 3o seconds later John himself would show up to change it out to a new piglet sock.
It all happened before my Mod tenure. I like to think it was because I look like Tom Cruise :)

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Look what FedEx brought me just now. Oh boy! Thanks Mytee! Sending back my other head to you.

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok fellow cleaners. At the risk of opening myself up to a piranha feed, here is my little video and thoughts on the Mytee Brush.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay I have a ?
Do the brushes on the RV and the Mytee end up like my 175 BH where they are all folded over ? Or does the shoes or glides help to keep some of the pressure off the brushes so that it keeps them diggin in ?

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes, they lean on my I. I doubt they will in Damon's with all that support.

Is there a leak on the top of that T-Rex?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom