Need convincing that OP/ VLM works?

FredC

Village Idiot
Newer machines orbit is a bit wider in its orbital path. Many are moving even faster that the old ones. I think with the increased speed and orbit, they may not have as strong of a tamping tilt to the pad driver, or that the increase somehow lessens the pounding effect. Yet, my experience is that they still vibrate the floors and walls enough that things can still fall. I have knocked down more pictures with getting into awkward spaces with a HWE wand than I have with OP. (Though I would say that I am 70% HWE).
I think in older machines it is just vibration/poor balancing.

In the Trinity the “tamping action” is by design through a wedged shaped washer…in my opinion this is most likely to limit fiber damage of having the full weight spinning flat….which became the “tamping action” feature

likely named after another feature in John’s patents for rugs

Reactions: Ever-Fresh

Mikey P

Administrator
I think in older machines it is just vibration/poor balancing.

In the Trinity the “tamping action” is by design through a wedged shaped washer…in my opinion this is most likely to limit fiber damage of having the full weight spinning flat….which became the “tamping action” feature

likely named after another feature in John’s patents for rugs

Charles Heberlin is responsible for the (incredible) balance the TOPs unit now benefit from.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Why?
didn't you suggest the Raptor was faster AND cleans better?

ANNNUUUUND....It's "Meter Maid approved" too

..L.T.A.
Haven’t tried one, but yeah.

Of course the Raptor cleans better than the Phoenix, it has much more head weight per square inch.

When the Phoenix was the best, the Raptor wasn’t released.

It’s not unusual for new products to be better than the old “best” ones.

FDA

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Yeah, I hear the “TAMPING ACTION” makes all the difference. 🙄
I was once skeptical.

The tamping is on purpose and can be removed if someone wants less thumping.

But the tamping pulls crap out of carpet just a notch or two below a CRB.

You’re old.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

FredC

Village Idiot
I was once skeptical.

The tamping is on purpose and can be removed if someone wants less thumping.

But the tamping pulls crap out of carpet just a notch or two below a CRB.

You’re old.
can you shoot a vid of all this stuff being bounced to the surface?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
can you shoot a vid of all this stuff being bounced to the surface?
It’s a simple concept. The driver is at an offset pitch, so part of the edge is constantly thumping. That along with the friction from the pad/weight pulls stuff up.

FredC

Village Idiot
It’s a simple concept. The driver is at an offset pitch, so part of the edge is constantly thumping. That along with the friction from the pad/weight pulls stuff up.

then a vid should be easy huh?

and let's not you were a skeptic at the time you owned a trinity with "tamping action"

and that "simple concept" seems to defy some others....like physics..........but maybe it can because god designed it...

I get that it cleans well and fast but you folks seem to want to attribute to some magical bs when the reality is it cleans "well" when combined with good pads and it cleans faster due to the large orbit.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
then a vid should be easy huh?

and let's not you were a skeptic at the time you owned a trinity with "tamping action"

and that "simple concept" seems to defy some others....like physics..........but maybe it can because god designed it...

I get that it cleans well and fast but you folks seem to want to attribute to some magical bs when the reality is it cleans "well" when combined with good pads and it cleans faster due to the large orbit.
The first Trinity I had used the 11/16 orbit which was too fast, the pads sort of skimmed over the carpet.

Now I’ll make sure to take a video just to shut down your crackerjack box physics degree.

I don’t sell these things, I have no reason to make shit up.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

FredC

Village Idiot
The first Trinity I had used the 11/16 orbit which was too fast, the pads sort of skimmed over the carpet.

Now I’ll make sure to take a video just to shut down your crackerjack box physics degree.

I don’t sell these things, I have no reason to make shit up.

"Tamping action" is just selling you a "benefit" of something that was designed to prevent fooking up carpet and lessen the burden on the motor. If I stole your washer without you knowing you wouldn't see much if any difference in cleaning. It certainly isn't digging out any where near what a CRB does . It literally does nothing to lift dirt.

Hell the word itself means to pack it down.

Maybe shoot a vid without the washer....

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll be testing a new OP brand and unit soon that has some never seen on an OP before features, tamping isn't one of them, yet

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
"Tamping action" is just selling you a "benefit" of something that was designed to prevent fooking up carpet and lessen the burden on the motor If I stole your washer without you knowing you wouldn't see much if any difference in cleaning. It certainly isn't digging out any where near what a CRB does . It literally does nothing to lift dirt.

Have you used these machine extensively? I have.

I often remove the tamping washer on big commercial jobs, don’t need the offset driver.

I’ve also used it without the washer on residential and the motor ran fine.

I’ll take a video on my next pet job.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
"Tamping action" is just selling you a "benefit" of something that was designed to prevent fooking up carpet and lessen the burden on the motor. If I stole your washer without you knowing you wouldn't see much if any difference in cleaning. It certainly isn't digging out any where near what a CRB does . It literally does nothing to lift dirt.

I step a step or two below a CRB by the way. On light to moderate pet hair, the OP does fine.

FredC

Village Idiot
Have you used these machine extensively? I have.

I often remove the tamping washer on big commercial jobs, don’t need the offset driver.

I’ve also used it without the washer on residential and the motor ran fine.

I’ll take a video on my next pet job.

and how much less did it perform like a CRB without the washer? 💡

Just because the motor ran fine doesn't mean there isn't additional stress (both starting and running) AND the potential for fiber damage which has been a problem with past machines

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
and how much less did it perform like a CRB without the washer? 💡

Just because the motor ran fine doesn't mean there isn't additional stress (both starting and running) AND the potential for fiber damage which has been a problem with past machines
I don’t remember. However, I never had to run the vacuum after cleaning with my Orbot, Mytee and first Trinity machines.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: FredC

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I don’t remember. However, I never had to run the vacuum after cleaning with my Orbot, Mytee and first Trinity machines.
Here’s the thing, Fred… you’re not always right.

I know you’re not, because you’re simply wrong here. I know because of experience.

Again, I’ll take a video.

FredC

Village Idiot
Here’s the thing, Fred… you’re not always right.

I know you’re not, because you’re simply wrong here. I know because of experience.

Again, I’ll take a video.

You act like I've never seen one of these.......or don't know anyone that ever uses them.....or watched the conversations about them since the day God designed it

and I'm occasionally wrong but not about "tamping action". All of the benefits of the trinity can be attributed to other features of the machines. Only pembertons think "tamping action" is magically bouncing shit from the carpet...now apparently almost CRB level

Again I'm not saying it doesn't "clean" well. I'm telling you tamping action is BS.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Here’s a Facebook post from a no-BS guy.

I’m out, I’ll get you a video.

FredC

Village Idiot
Here’s a Facebook post from a no-BS guy.

I’m out, I’ll get you a video.

maybe show me the tamping action as a claim in the patent instead....

and again all of that can be attributed to, in comparison to other machines, the increased speed/orbit of the trinity.....and possibly pads or specific situation*....no magical tamping action needed

*i can rub, without tamping, a rag across a rug filled with hair and get wads of it

Last edited:

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
maybe show me the tamping action as a claim in the patent instead....

and again all of that can be attributed, in comparison to other machines, the increased speed/orbit of the trinity.....and possibly pads....no magical tamping action needed
Dude, I don’t know, I just know it does a good job digging out pet hair when it’s not so gross that the CRB is needed.

I think you need to go fishing.

Back
Top Bottom