New carpet cleaner

Condog

Name
Tony
Hi group,

A friend said I should give carpet cleaning a try. So I went with him. A month later on after a lot of YouTube and Google here I am. I purchased the Rotovac 360i and Ranger package (my friend has a truck mount that he runs his 360i with, so I followed what he has as affordably as possible). I received the package and was a little disturbed to find out that the cfx doesn't have a pump to spray a rinse on as it connects directly from the sink straight to the 360i and water is sprayed to the floor. There is no way to apply a rinse with the cfx unless it is connected to the ranger (another part of the package). This doubles the size of the extracting unit. I was told that the RPM pre-spray has an alkali of 9.5 and that water (Phoenix hard water is probably a 6) provides enough dilution to bring the carpet pH back close to neutral. Any advice on when to use the ranger and when it isn't necessary? My combo also has the cfx-zx. I also purchased a Mytee 240-120 Mytee® Hot Turbo in-line-heat. I work near Sun City, AZ and most homes in the area do not have 20 amp circuits. The Mytee lets the operator choose the amount of amperes drawn.

I'm also looking into picking up a crb.
Any advice on the equipment I'm using would be appreciated.
Feel free to share with group, as I'm not sure how to post a conversation. A YouTube video would be helpful, is there one?

Thank you,

Condog

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
umm welcome.. I think

never used your setup but from what I understand of them use the ranger on dirtier carpets.
Then you can run an alkaline rinse or acid rinse if using a high pH prespray for extra cleaning power

Buy a 175 before (if ever) you buy a crb, they're cheaper more versatile etc

Condog

Name
Tony
Thank you,

I hadn't thought about the 175 until I watched a video on polishing marble. You have given reinforcement to doing a 175 instead.
I was thinking of the crb for tile floors, residential. I was thinking of marketing packages.
Intro package - $99 3 rooms (1st year only, hopefully).
Pet package - Using crb to pull embedded hair, if only for marketing purposes.
Restorative package - 360i deep clean.
Purely thinking of the residential market. I thought the crb translated well to branching into the commercial end later.
I'm not sure if the 360i can do what the 175 can do, I was hoping it could.

Mikey P

Administrator
Come try just about any and every piece of equipment available, just down the road from you in November..

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Tony. The CFX and the 360i form a potent package. For the moment, use the brush head to scrub and extract simultaneously. Use defoamer generously. If you have a wand, get a holed glide and use it to dry as you leave each room. When you can, upgrade to 2” hoses and get an inline filter. That sock thing is a pain.
Also, be SURE to empty the CFX after every job. Set the power head down gently, flip the vacuum chamber over. If you do not, it will stink by morning.

Don’t let this cluster of foaming dingleberries discourage you. Set money aside on every job for equipment upgrades and do NOT undersell your services.

Good luck!

Mikey P

Administrator
Come try just about any and every piece of equipment available, just down the road from you in November..

Seriously, come get a ten or 20 year head start at this event.

Call me if you have questions

775 552 5429

Condog

Name
Tony
Tony. The CFX and the 360i form a potent package. For the moment, use the brush head to scrub and extract simultaneously. Use defoamer generously. If you have a wand, get a holed glide and use it to dry as you leave each room. When you can, upgrade to 2” hoses and get an inline filter. That sock thing is a pain.
Also, be SURE to empty the CFX after every job. Set the power head down gently, flip the vacuum chamber over. If you do not, it will stink by morning.

Don’t let this cluster of foaming dingleberries discourage you. Set money aside on every job for equipment upgrades and do NOT undersell your services.

Good luck!
Many thanks for the advice and encouragement.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Most of us started with portables and eventually moved on to truck mounts. You can do good work with a portable system but it will take you longer and your drying times may be longer as well. Think about investing in some small drying fans such as the Dri-Pod. With the system you have, foam is always a problem. Watch your chemical dilutions carefully and carry lots of defoamer. It's not always about what you are using but what the customer or last cleaner has done to the carpet before you.

Reactions: Condog

Condog

Name
Tony
Most of us started with portables and eventually moved on to truck mounts. You can do good work with a portable system but it will take you longer and your drying times may be longer as well. Think about investing in some small drying fans such as the Dri-Pod. With the system you have, foam is always a problem. Watch your chemical dilutions carefully and carry lots of defoamer. It's not always about what you are using but what the customer or last cleaner has done to the carpet before you.
Thanks for the advice on the defoamer.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dont do this... FB_IMG_1569738259780.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD and DAT

Condog

Name
Tony

Good luck!
The package came with the swoop glide no brush bristles. Do you recommend buying the brush carpet head? Any agitation advice until I can purchase the brush head? Do you recommend the crb or brush head first? Will I need an adapter to put a 2" hose on the CFX.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The package came with the swoop glide no brush bristles. Do you recommend buying the brush carpet head? Any agitation advice until I can purchase the brush head? Do you recommend the crb or brush head first? Will I need an adapter to put a 2" hose on the CFX.

Buy the brush head first, even a used one. You do not need an adapter.

I use the CFX/Ranger. If you want to talk, PM me.

Reactions: Condog and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom