New Hi-Performance Portable – The TruckPort is Here

Mikey P

Administrator
New Hi-Performance Portable Extractor Introducing the TRUCKPORT… Let’s not get all gushy about this – it’s simply a box with pumps and motors. But this box offers a heck of a lot of bang for the buck! The new Truckport portable from Excellent Supply contains all the necessary components to perform well. Extremely well! The [...]

More...

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Same shite, different turd.

Dual 2 stage (obviously in series) YAWN!

500 PSI (prolly pumptec trash)YAWN!

2000 watt heater (even with an extra 1200 watts, still requires learning curve) YAWN!

When somebody innovates, wake me up.

yawn2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Carpet Cavalier

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I like the name...

Sounds like a good move for rick, always have felt you need a portable to go with the encap/cimex anyway.
For big spills or whatever not the whole building

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Same shite, different turd.

Dual 2 stage (obviously in series) YAWN!

500 PSI (prolly pumptec trash)YAWN!

2000 watt heater (even with an extra 1200 watts, still requires learning curve) YAWN!

When somebody innovates, wake me up.

yawn2.jpg

X2

hogjowl

Idiot™
At least Rick is a reputable guy who has a history of standing behind his products.

And, he's not making them one at a time in his garage.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Dump the heater and add more vacs
Keeping amps down, you'll only get another 2 stage in it. I've tried my damnedest with 3 two stagers - from all in series, all in parallel , 2 in series and 1 as a parallel booster. The series and parallel booster seemed to be the best. You don't hit awesome until you get 4 two stage in separate series sets. The you rock.

Mikey P

Administrator
Just use good pre spray, a 175 and good wand technique and all the rest is just fluff.

If you're gonna be a porty hack you can't have short Willys syndrome, come to terms with your equipment, slow down and bring some fans.

A portable should be portable and not be weighed down with to many components and complications imo.

Exactly! This is a balanced portable. To be used as a portable, like they were designed for.

It's a nice compliment to Rick's system.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Just use good pre spray, a 175 and good wand technique and all the rest is just fluff.

If you're gonna be a porty hack you can't have short Willys syndrome, come to terms with your equipment, slow down and bring some fans.

A portable should be portable and not be weighed down with to many components and complications imo.

The only "add on" I use is an in 2 cord in line heater that I modified the thermostats on. I usually bring every thing in in one trip. Internal heaters shorten the other components life by creating heat in the compartment and you get much better water recovery with a parallel 3 stage configuration. Just sayin'! (35 or 50 feet and I get - depending on weather conditions and time of year - 4 to 8 hour dry times in most cases . ) Want my latest harbour shot from the 42nd floor?:icon_razz:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I've been considering doing this project for a long time. We wanted a portable that would serve our customers well (commercial carpet cleaners). There's already a handful of decent upper-end portables on the market. A couple of key areas where the Truckport stands out is in waterlift and its low price. It uses newly designed 2 stage vac motors to achieve 225" of waterlift while drawing less current. And we wanted to make it approachable. At $2250 I think we have a very reasonably priced unit, considering its configuration. I'm thinking that it's positioned well to fill the commercial niche. What do you guys think? Configuration? Colors? Name? Price? Let me know what you think. I appreciate your feedback!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

x1

Best wishes to Rick.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I already gave a fair and honest critique. High lift comes at a sacrifice to cfm - have you tried the vacs in parallel? What's the cfm figure? How many amps per cord? How many GPM for the pump out? Is the pump flat out pegged at 500 psi? Is there just the one configuration? Any pictures inside the box? I'm not a big fan of internal heaters as they lack testicular fortitude and cook your vacs and pumps and pump motors and blow a lot of breakers. Maybe consider a fan in the motor compartment. The price is competetive

F

FB7777

Dealtimeman is correct

The truck port is just a private label Sandia 802500H unit

The roto-mold and specs are identical

Last edited by a moderator:

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The 360I makes my portable a killer combo. The problem is you have to move sooooooo slow, and the bucket trips suck. However a porty and a 360I working together may be slow but the results are fantastic!!! Drying times are doubled tho.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't care for the name, but its really not a big deal. The price is good though, if I were looking for a portable I'd consider it.

Heat on portables seems like a waste unless you are restricting the solution flow down really low to allow you maintain some heat. In my opinion worth the effort or expense, just increase agitation or precondition.

I'm not sure if I like the solution opening size, sucks when it is so small and makes it difficult to pour solution in.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Fred, you are correct that the TruckPort is being manufactured for us by Sandia. They make good machines. But it's not the model that you mentioned. The model you mentioned is not equipped with the HiFLow vac motors that the TruckPort has, and doesn't have as much waterlift.

Willy, there's always going to be limitations with how much power can be pulled from a wall. No portable will ever be able to equal what a combustion engine can produce - parallel, series, 2-stage, 3-stage, whatever - it can't compare. The TruckPort machine is being positioned as a good portable alternative... It's a well endowed portable that can be used in addition to, or in some case in place of, the truckmount (as referenced in the article). It's simply a hi-performance portable, that's well built, at a fair price. Is it gonna bring world peace or end global hunger? I don''t think so. :smile:

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Rick,
I just got done kicking the shit out of an Olympus not 10 min ago working on a Rug.

Mikey,
Yur an :bullshit: fur posting this :biggrin:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You have to take Willy with many grains of salt. He uses this board to vent his frustrations in life.

I realy like the torque power/water lift at 225 for a porty. All the work these machines do is slow hard sucking not easy high volume sucking and that is why i see cfm being insignificant compared to water lift in a portable.
Will it be sold in Canada?

Reactions: FB7777

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't like the name. Truck should not be included in a name of a porty.

I would like to see the aforementioned naming contest.

Releasit porty.

Encaphelp

Encaphelporty

Cimexsucker

PSP (pixiedust sucking porty)

PR (polymer remover) (polymer rinser)

Encaporty

REM (Rickey's extraction machine)

ESP (excellent supplies' portable)

Spot soaker

Pissrinser

CSR (Coffee spill remover)

Name
John LaBarbera
Fred, you are correct that the TruckPort is being manufactured for us by Sandia. They make good machines. But it's not the model that you mentioned. The model you mentioned is not equipped with the HiFLow vac motors that the TruckPort has, and doesn't have as much waterlift.

Willy, there's always going to be limitations with how much power can be pulled from a wall. No portable will ever be able to equal what a combustion engine can produce - parallel, series, 2-stage, 3-stage, whatever - it can't compare. The TruckPort machine is being positioned as a good portable alternative... It's a well endowed portable that can be used in addition to, or in some case in place of, the truckmount (as referenced in the article). It's simply a hi-performance portable, that's well built, at a fair price. Is it gonna bring world peace or end global hunger? I don''t think so. :smile:

Rick, can you bring it to Mikeyfest in February?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Is it really important who makes it for Rick? Is there a practical reason for this information to be important to the purchaser?

Or, is it just more mental masturbation?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom