New TM Quick-Dry System Question

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Here is a photo of the new QuickDry TM system for speed-drying carpets.
QuickDry.jpg

This photo is taken from the back of our Dynachem 534 TM ...,

First it shows two stainless filters, one in the recovery box at left,
and one for the drying system on the right.

2 Valves to control the air flow.

The box on the right lowers the temp of the airstream from the #4MR blower.
Another configuration is used on some other PTO TM's.

We have some special new Hi-Temp Vac hose that is included in the system.

The specially-modified RX360i is the final part of the system.

Drying time is 10 to 15 minutes with the #4MR Blower.

What type of extra charge do you think your customer would pay for this service ?

Larry

Ryan

Guys this a Ken Harris invention...

From what I understand it has some kind of device that lowers the RH in the air used from the blower. You have to carry separate 2" hose to use with it so you don't use dirty hoses. The blower heats the exhaust up to about 200 F so have hot dry air to use when drying the carpets. You hook this system up to a RX-20 or RV360i either of them outfitted with Kens glides. Ken is convinced this is going to change the carpet cleaning industry forever and make him rich. Last time I talked to him (back in my naive *** days) he was convinced he was going to be able to sell it to Chem Dry and get rich off the royalties.

Major problems.....

You have to carry double the amount of hoses you normally carry. If you used to carry 200 feet of hose, now you would need to carry 400 feet.

If any over flow from your waste tank spills into your blower (we all know it happens from time to time) you have some serious problems like spraying nasty water all over the carpet.

The RX-20 or 360I will need to be majorly cleaned before used to dry with or never used to clean carpet because it also would have nasty water and trash inside of the tubing.

If only there where another way to dry someone's carpet before you left the house............

http://www.***************/store/drieaz ... -4831.html

Ryan

BTW nice looking TM Larry.

To answer the original question, if people are willing to pay more for something its usually carpet protector which I'm guessing this system would screw with. If their too cheap to buy protector then I doubt they will pay for it to be dried faster.

I'm probably wrong but I don't like the idea of contaminating my custies house.

Not to mention spiking the temperature inside. How are people going to like it when you leave their house about 20 degrees warmer then when you came.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Now Larry,
If you put some "Yorkie" style marketing lingo like:

"You got to have gigantic cojones to use my system."
or:
"With this machine and my subliminal message you'd be raking in the money. You be the MAN, man."

You'll have a real hit here.

It's called testosterone based marketing and in this particular board it practically guarantees your success.

Off course you got to have cojones this...................................big to use it.
Subliminally speaking.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nope.
Just been reading some of Yorkie's former marketing pearls.

And it worked quite well on some.

But I don't want to abduct Larry's thread.

Larry..............

Well, he must have gone bare hand grizzly hunting again.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
This is NOT a new idea. It has been around a while in my neck of the woods. There is a company here in my City (yes, same city as Ken Harris) who started this a few years ago. At first he thought he was on to something really big, then he found out that some ideas only sound good in theory but are not practical to implement.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ken harris has been talking on *** about his new design about this....... so larry you bought it from ken? cause he says he hasa patent in the us for his system like this.. and it looks like when you put on the filter it made the plumbing smaller

F

FB7777

its a stupid idea, there are far easier and economical ways to get a carpet dry faster

I thought Larry was smarter than this :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
One more reason to go to Connections this year.

Question for Larry.

if the prior job was a heavy urine damage job would you let this system be used in YOUR home?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So let me get this straight, you'll have a solution hose, a normal vacuum hose, a power cord, a high heat vacuum hose, a scrub wand, an RX or 360. Geez it's going to be crowded, not to mention hot! Those customers are not going to want to pay more, they will be asking for a discount. Not to mention how much time you'll waste on hose management.

Is this thing going to be SOA approved?
:wink:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ryan said:
Guys this a Ken Harris invention...

it's nothing new Ryan
ken said he was using his system 8 years ago.
he's a lying snake, don't believe a damn thing he says.

and Larry has just sunk to a new low in my eyes

Major problems.....

contaminated air from the waste tank

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Mikey P said:
One more reason to go to Connections this year.

Question for Larry.

if the prior job was a heavy urine damage job would you let this system be used in YOUR home?

Amen.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

There is NO air from the recovery tank going thru the blower.

The Blower is used, but since it is subjected to continuous 235° F for long periods of time,
microorganisms will be essentially eliminated.

Some heat will be introduced, but the AC system should be able to handle it.

The system cools the air before introduction to the house.

I would have no problem with typical cleaning including urine done before this process.

I have some customers now, who charge a premium for "Quick Drying".

Larry

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the ac SHOULD be able to????

oie the house is usually 10 degrees hotter anyway from the firebreather.....now more hotair?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Since dry times are generally not an issue with ANY OF MY CUSTOMERS, and I doubt if dry times are an issue with other cleaners' customers either, I see no use for something like this, especially if it requires carrying twice the vac hose.

Use a little slower dry stroke, and fans, if drying needs to be quick.

Where do you suggest we put another 300' vac hose reel inside a van, along with the other "equipment" needed for this fast dry time??

What about those who run dual wands? Would you then need 2 Rotovacs or RX's?

This would turn that 3 hour cleaning job into 4-1/2 hours.

I must give KH credit for his tenacity, but please consider the source.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

This idea was discussed years ago, and it obviously does work. But, here's another real potential problem: Even though the blower is not drawing off the waste tank, the moisture blown off the carpet in the house WILL drive the Rh relative humidity up to 100%, in just minutes. Also, it WILL pressurize the home to many psi, that will drive the moisture into places that it does not belong, unless we open the doors/windows.

Restorers know what 2ndary damage occurs under those conditions. So if you do it, remember to open the home up. And add to that the fact that living microbes from the carpet WILL be displaced onto a cellulose food source. I'm not so sure I want to explain all of that to my customer. Not in the USA, the land of the lawsuit.

Thx
Dale

Mikey P

Administrator
As a real dual wander let me tell you, it's already a pita to use a 360i and a wand at the same time with just the electric cord to deal with.

Introducing ANOTHER hose into the spaghetti pot just aint gonna happen..

I'd rather spend an extra 2 minutes dry passing each room and maybe an AP once we moved well away from that area.

poor Ken..

I wonder why so many of the innovators in our industry are at best nuts and at worst sociopaths.

Blowing warm, moist, filthy air in the house is one of the worst ideas I could imagine. Its scary enough if you look at how microbial growth spikes during our cleaning process. It goes down quickly enough. But we sure as hell don't sanitize carpet when we clean it, unless we do it chemically.

Our cleaning just makes a nice, cozy nursery for the little critters. What we do right is remove most of their food.

poor Larry..

We may have to have to start calling him Kawasaki Kobb.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
A LOT of customers want quick dry times, otherwise ChemDry wouldn't exist. We experimented with several ways to offer a quick-dry option while still doing a thorough extraction (not a surface skim) and found using the Airpath was the simplest solution.

The only problem is that it is so simple that we can't charge more for it.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Larry Cobb said:
First it shows two stainless filters, one in the recovery box at left,
and one for the drying system on the right.

2 Valves to control the air flow.

Larry, I'm having a hard time seeing the second control valve. Are you saying that the valves are set to draw air from the recovery tank for normal extraction, then set to shut off air through the tank and draw air through the second filter (clean dry air from inside of van) for the drying step? As in the drying step is separate from extraction? The main problem I see if this is the case would be drawing CO fumes out of the van from the propane heater or TM engine. Correct me if I'm wrong, and perhaps more pics from different angles would help.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dan;

The second exposed filter has a shut-off valve inline.

The exhaust from the engine is routed out the front of the TM with a flexible hi-temp exhaust hose.

It will be outside the truck, at least 10 feet away from the fresh air intake.

It will require some minimal housekeeping inside the truck :roll:

Larry

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
So you would set the valves for extraction, do your normal cleaning, then reset the valves for drying and go back over the area with the 360 to dry?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom