nO0o B0odDy lOovez mE.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good grief, PadPrick. You hang on my every word.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Mikey. I didn't mean to imply that you would lie. All I was saying is there is no way a Vortex owner could possibly come away impressed with a vibrating rag spinner as a cleaning tool.

Now, a Recoil or Bane owner might be a different story.

That's John's market.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I didn't realize that you were planning on testing the machine in the correct environment. Commercial cleaning is the only environment in which it has any realistic utility.

Dolly

Dare I get into this discussion.

However.

I have had truck mounts. Some are awesome and are great to have

I have a porty and can clean as well, but admittedly has it's draw backs but I can go anywhere with it.

I just invested in John's Brute The one with the tank and spray in the front.

I have now cleaned over 12000 sq ft of carpet on 3 separate jobs.

I am amazed. It does an awesome job. Very quickly compared to HWE

I just did a job of 4000 sq ft that took me 6 hours to do with my porty and it took 1 hours with the OP. machine. The carpet look like new just like when I HWE it several month's ago. If I can achieve the results I want and certainly the customer expects then anything you have to make that happen efficiently effectively and with less pain..........Go For It!!!!!

Grant you, it was not as dirty and I did put protect-ant down the last time I cleaned it. But, 1 hour verses 6 is quite a difference and not just that, but John's Chemicals work very well. The new gladiator pads work much better than those old Chem-Dry bonnets.....Hands down.

I will still need and will still use my Porty, but i can see how this will help me do so much more. The Brute machine does not vibrate a whole lot, it quieter than my Porty and easy to handle.

I don't know about previous history, but I can say this machine is easy for me to handle and my back did not give me any grief like usual

I cannot pick it up, no way no how, but then that is where I can use my porty or be in a place where there are elevators and only one step to contend with.

All in all, I still am of the belief that everyone should have as many tools at his or her disposal as possible because not every job fits every mold.

It is all good. Somethings just make your work and life easier. For instance, no way could I run a wand without a glide. The glides make light the load and I am thankful for them.

I hope Mikey I will not be in for a hard time about it. I have no absolutely preference, I just prefer to use what works best for what job I have at hand.

It is all good when it works !!!!
:D :D :D

hogjowl

Idiot™
You are a perfect example of the type person I'm talking about. Compared to a portable, or a Bane, the Brute is a fantastic machine.

And, in the commercial environment it's a viable tool.

I'm simply saying that it doesn't take much to impress a portable user. However, a TM owner, a Cimex owner, or even a 20 inch GLS owner is going to be a little harder to impress.

Dolly

Well Marty

Honestly I'm not wanting to impress anyone

I can only give a report of what I found in using the brute.

I don't know anything about past machines. It can be a little
difficult to get used to when your used to a rotary floor machine.

I have had and have used truck mounts as you know, and I
have and use a portable. I have experiences with a few.

So far I have liked the versatility of a portable, mine is a 2 / 3 stage with 500 psi and now the brute.

I also have a 6000 super max steam machine that I use for other various
jobs that are restorative in nature. I use that in conjunction with my
portable

I don't know that I would invest in a truck mount for several reasons

But not because I think they are not a good investment for anyone to have.

The number one reasons is if something goes wrong, I don't feel adequate to fix it or trouble shoot it. No one around here to help.

I have to many commercial jobs I would not be able to use it at and it is to complicated to explain.

I also don't have a van and there are many more reason.

That is why I have continued with the systems I use. No matter the system, you need versatility and that is what I wanted to achieve. What I needed and what I could handle.

I think what works best is what a person should have and the more too;l in the tool box the more you can accomplish.

Mikey P

Administrator
admiralclean said:
I didn't realize that you were planning on testing the machine in the correct environment. Commercial cleaning is the only environment in which it has any realistic utility.

Common Dude, give me some credit.

Why would I need or want to pad residential homes?

Dolly

Mikey

For what ever it is worth.

I can agree, but it is worth having an additional tool in the truck just in case from experience with commercial carpet you don't feel like
pulling out hoses. I cannot tell you how quickly you can make the same money with less effort. Your young, but in time your body will be screaming. Make as light of your work as you can while your young.
This is one piece that you can do that with.

Almost effortless. After vacuuming, spray as you go up one way and down the other. 4000 sq ft in an hour? yes combined with set up, vacuuming and and post vacuuming 2 hours 2 1/2 the most.

Example of residential: Of course one room does not constitute doing all your residential work:

I cleaned my dining room for the umpteenth time. No matter how hard
I worked at it or what I used in the way of solutions, in a matter of days spots would reappear and this is two years later.

The cream color carpet was pretty much trashed and remodeling has been done to boot.

When cleaned it always look awesome but again reappearing spots within a few days.

I op'd it with my brute reluctantly actually. It has now been two week's.

The carpet still looks new, no reappearing spots and some of them were grease and who knows what. There were a lot of issues with it when I married Jerry and moved here.

So...........you may want to rethink about having it and trying it.

It won't replace your vortex I can assure you, but it will be a great asset to your equipment.

I would never suggest to any one to replace they're HWE / porty's or Truck mounts with an OP machine anymore than suggest replacing the OP machine the other way around.

It just to me makes good sense to have as many tools in your tool chest as you can have available.

Diversity, that is all it is. Just being practical. No different than having a stock banquet table of solutions and chemicals. Will there be a favorite?

Yes

Will you use a favorite more often that others?

Yes

If your investing in the stock market you would not put all your money in only one stock. you would spread and diversify.

Just makes good sense to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom