Our friend Ken Snow

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I haven't been on in a while, what a shame. My condolences to Ken's family. I only knew Ken through MB, but he sure seemed like one of the good guys.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
More then once Ive gotten out of control on this board. Ken has put me in check a few times. Ken would always go out of his way to help us Broke Dick Cleaners. It was like he was always on our level. Never talking down to us. We have lost a lot of GOOD FRIENDS on our carpet cleaning internet forums. Some we have never met face to face. But were all REAL close and we all take care of each other. Thats what Kens all about. This one HURTS bad. Real bad. When I get home going to sit at my bar drink some Coors Light and think about how I can become a quarter of the man Ken Snow was.

Waldo

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I only knew Ken from this board but it did not take long to know the kind of guy he was, never had a harsh thing to say to anyone and he always looked for the good in any situation. No doubt he was a good man.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Ken was very kind to me 4 years ago when I started. He gave me several hours on the phone. I always felt I had the ultimate approval when he thanked me on a post. I was so looking forward to meeting him in person next week. I pray for his family during this time. God bless. What a loss to this board and our industry,

-JB-

Name
JB
I'm happy to have known Ken Snow for nearly 20 years, he was and IS a true inspiration, a friend of the friendless, a pal of the "outcasts", he always acted with more class and exhibited more grace and dignity than almost anyone I've ever met, in the industry or outside of it for that matter.
After my motorcycle accident and divorce (2007), Ken gave me something that few others did... HOPE. Ken Snow was far more than a friend, he was a confidant, we'd spent countless hours on the phone, over drinks, and over meals, discussing life, and how we as fragile people deal with loss in our lives and accept and overcome life's challenges, and more importantly he showed me the importance of offering others that same hope. Yes he is gone too soon, but wow, what an impact he had on SO MANY lives, either through his actions directly, or the actions of those he helped to influence; like myself, and subsequently the lives changed by his life indirectly... that my friends is life everlasting in manifest.

I think we could all be a little more like Ken, a friend to the friendless, loving and accepting of the "outcasts".

Ken will be remembered fondly, truly a great man, he was a greater part of God's plan than he probably ever realized.... until last night.

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
I think Steve said it very well " a voice of reason" With all the bickering back and forth on here Ken would always try to smooth things over for someone that had just been pounced on. i was telling my wife this morning how he always had a kind and uplifting word to bring things back where they should be. We all need to follow his example as we work together to help one another.

Reactions: SamIam

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
i have never met a more caring and compassionate person......
we all loved Ken...
and he truly loved us back.....

Godspeed Ken....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DMbn_6f4PA
Good choice of Ken Snow songs Bob. He had a great voice and like Elvis and Janis and John Lennon and all the other rock stars who passed too soon there will always be these recordings that bring them back to life as they would like to be remembered. I know Ken would like that.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Just kind of numb right now it seems unreal how fast things happened.

Praying for his family and friends for peace and comfort.

bill luke

I was very saddened to read of Ken's passing this morning.I always knew when reading anything he posted that he was truthfull and so helpful;although I never met him,I felt I knew him.God bless you Ken,and your family.

F

FB7777

I've been thinking about Ken all day today. Met him in 2010 , such a genuine, kind, modest, great listener.

He had such a positive , large persona . I feel so very sorry for his family and for those of you that were closest to him.

Guys like Ken are rare , love and respect buddy...we miss you so much already

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I searched for the right words to say for our dear lost friend all day. I am so grateful for all of you who somehow put to words what I haven't been able to do.

All I can say is that he gave us so many gifts individually and collectively that I dont think we will ever be able to measure how how he enriched us all.

Ken's life was unfinished....but in that life he gave so very much more than most could in give in a dozen "full" lifetimes....

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
sad. prayers to you Ken and your family. God bless you.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Wow. Maybe the most beautiful and uncharacteristically non-snarky thread I've ever read on Mikeys Board. And all to honor a peach of a man- well done to all.

Steve

PS Sioux and I were walking along the Animas River tonight and I was struggling to define how I've felt about my 13 year friendship with Ken. I finally summed it up with, "He was the sweetest man I've ever known." Sioux understood and I hope you all do too...

Mikey P

Administrator
with a Joe Bristor name tag....too funny.

Ken rarely understood (or cared about} the "in" jokes and pranks here but was always so willing to go along with them.

Damn, we'll miss you buddy.

I heard from Ken's girlfriend today.
She will let me know asap about the funeral arrangements.

Reactions: Terry and -JB-
Name
BradFenstermaker
Sad here in Georgia! Had the pleasure of meeting him and many others in person at Mikeyfest 07 I think.

Ken was a great teacher giving what ever knowledge he could share.

My condolences and prayers to his Family and Friends.

JeffC

Name
Jeff
I definitely want to add my sincere condolences. I met Ken about 7 or 8 years ago. He was truly a nice person. I’d also have to say his humility was notable. Of course he was always willing to share his knowledge with others. I haven’t been following the boards much lately and going back and reading his comments on the “Best Wishes for Ken” thread is chilling now after this happens.
I couldn’t stop thinking about him all weekend and how fast life can change. It was a wake-up call for me not to take it for granted. No matter what precautions we take, life is unpredictable and uncertain.
Jeff

Carpet Magic

It's with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that my best friend passed away this early morning. In the end, the cancer was too widespread when first discovered and it was an impossible battle to fight. He was with loved ones when he finally left us and is now at peace and no longer in pain.

He touched may people in many different ways and considered you on Mikey's board all as friends. He often sent me the link to a thread on interesting topics or debates. When reading those, I could feel the connection he had for all of you and he would talk about you as if you were his brothers.

Thank you for all the best wishes, support and love you have shown him over the years and especially in the last few weeks.

Oh my i'm so sorry to read this. so sorry for everyone's lost

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Sorry for your great loss guys.
Never had the pleasure of getting to know him but wish I did :(

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ken rarely understood (or cared about} the "in" jokes and pranks here but was always so willing to go along with them.

Quite a few months ago there was a big up roar here, and Ken and I were private messaging back and forth about other things. After I filled him in on the 'drama' he kindly told me TMI, and to worry less about that, and more on living/enjoying life. That has stuck in my mind since then and I have been partly MIA enjoying life with my family.

There is a saying Im sure most have heard. "Everyone dies but not everyone lives". Ken will continue to live in the lives of the people he touched forever. If only we could all be so lucky to have that much positive impact on the people closest to us, and even more so those who are strangers/acquintances.

I reckon if we were all even a little more like him, this world would be a far better place to live in.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
thats funny Hoody..

I never could figure out why Ken was on here so much.

It would be a weekend afternoon and he'd be a Tap' A Talking away with us low lifes.

I guess, much like myself, he would still find time to be with family, have hobbies, vacations, run a biz AND make time to be here with his pals.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
My sincere condolences to Ken's family, and all his close friends here at MB.

In todays word of Internet bullshitters, wanna-bees, and keyboard egomaniacs, Ken was one of the rare personalities here who always came across as genuinely sincere, and "true to himself".

The comments and thoughts posted in this thread are a true testament to the gentleman he was, and the positive impression he left on everyone he interacted with.

Maybe this thread and all the heartfelt comments can somehow make their way to his service either in print or in digital format for all to enjoy.

A somber Labor Day in New York City at the loss of such a valuable member of this MB family..............................:cry:

Reactions: Terry

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Over twenty years ago I worked with an organization known as the UCCI. It was mostly an Ohio/Michigan/Ohio group, with a few New York and West Virginia members.

It had some inspired leadership from a few individuals, like Chris Adkins' father Rob, who were owner operators leading a mostly owner operator association.

Then, during a time of lack of leadership, Ken Snow stepped in. Just as many of you wonder what Ken was doing here, back then we wondered why a man whose business was secure and needed not one thing the association offered, would contribute his time to us.

Even though I had already know Ken for a few years by then, it was during those years of unselfish and brilliant leadership on his part that I started to know the measure of the man.

Brilliant, confident, charismatic, yet also kind and humble beyond measure

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom