Popped my Cherry today......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
For the first time in 9 years of running this business...I finally stepped over to the dark side....

what normally in the past takes me 2 days to complete I knocked out in just over a half of a day....
Carpets look great and aside from a few learning curves at the beginning...all went smooth...

here is one of hall ways that I did.....

IMG_5928.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

should of gotten one of these years ago...........

BTW...Thanks to...Shane...Kingjoelking....Vincent...and Shorty for all the advice and help

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Once you go encap, you'll never go back........

I have 27K encap job coming up this month.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Great job, Jim.

Now what was the profitability factor compared the HWE ?

Thank duPont scientists for their Research & Development.

Larry

P.S. Some Encaps have Stainresist built-in

John Watson

Congrats Jim, Maybe you being from the lectrician side you can come up with a fix for the power supply cord flexkeeper from pulling out of the hole, been a problem on most machines ive seen. Also One other thing we bring for long halls is a 50-60' 12amp stension cord. them plugs are supposed to be 50 feet apart with a 50 foot cord needs just a bit exter for turning machine around for return pass. Exter cord lets us make longer runns.. Welcome to the club.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Hoody said:
Learning curve....'splain that one ?

how fast or slow to go...and get a bucket that pours a smaller stream into the machine...mine was slopping it everywhere...aside from that it is pretty straight forward.......

RickL

Nice pics Jim looks great! Go over to Ricky G's forum and post these and you could win $100 worth of product. He has an on going monthly contest for best cleaning pics.
These would definately be up there in the running

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
RickL said:
Nice pics Jim looks great! Go over to Ricky G's forum and post these and you could win $100 worth of product. He has an on going monthly contest for best cleaning pics.

Pretty low bar they set eh? The carpets don't look any better, just wet with that goo. Of course they also didn't look dirty to begin with. Perfect candidates for encap. Good job Jim. Like you say, if you can do that in 1/2 a day instead of two and get the same results that is very eye-opening. I'm sure you had your TM on standby just in case.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Art Kelley said:
RickL said:

Pretty low bar they set eh? The carpets don't look any better, just wet with that goo. Of course they also didn't look dirty to begin with. Perfect candidates for encap. Good job Jim. Like you say, if you can do that in 1/2 a day instead of two and get the same results that is very eye-opening. I'm sure you had your TM on standby just in case.

Truck was sitting there on stand by just in case...more so to use the hoist to get this 2 ton machine in and out of the back.....

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Onya Jim, ya did good young fella.

BUT I think two gallons of juice in half a day is probably about three times too much. Sorry :oops:

I mix mine 750ml to the tank, this usually lasts me for one hour, give or take a couple of minutes.

I hope the below is correct. shiteatinggrin

( 750 Milliliters into Fluid Ounces (US)

Result: = 25.360517026382 oz )

With experience comes the fine tuning, and I'm sure you'll be up there with the best in a short time.

As Rick said, post the pics for the encap guys, you may get that $100 worth of free products.

Plus a ton of experience there, from those that know how to properly encap; commercial carpets.

Thirty years of extraction and I thought I knew it all. :oops: shiteatinggrin :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ShortyDownUnder said:

BUT I think two gallons of juice in half a day is probably about three times too much. Sorry :oops:

I mix mine 750ml to the tank, this usually lasts me for one hour, give or take a couple of minutes.

With experience comes the fine tuning, and I'm sure you'll be up there with the best in a short time.

As Rick said, post the pics for the encap guys, you may get that $100 worth of free products.

Plus a ton of experience there, from those that know how to properly encap; commercial carpets.

Thirty years of extraction and I thought I knew it all. :oops: shiteatinggrin :lol:

I agree...but as you know I did not have the right stuff....so instead of the 2 oz per gallon that would of used..I was using 8 oz per gallon with the stuff I had....and in the end it was just over/under a gallon and a half....

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Jim Martin said:
ShortyDownUnder said:

I agree...but as you know I did not have the right stuff....so instead of the 2 oz per gallon that would of used..I was using 8 oz per gallon with the stuff I had....and in the end it was just over/under a gallon and a half....

What juice did you use?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Given the right soil load conditions it's one of the best ways to clean CGD carpet.

Congrats you'll be amazed at the results with the method. It took me a long time to get comfortable that I could get HWE results (even better) without a TM. On trashed stuff you may still need to HWE and then Cimex. Rick's stuff is good and if you want to try other stuff to compare check with Jeremy he has all the Low Moisture solutions on his website. Vacaway products are really good also as is Snake Oil.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
great work!!
i still remember fighting off getting one..we do a day care center that used to take
both trucks and 4 people 2 days to do..now its 2 people 3/4 day with 2 cimex machines.
that one job buys both machines after i pay expenses and we do it 2 times a year...
that machine has truly brought me to a totally different level!!.

one trick that i live to do..go to churches..quote super low but tell them that you
would like to offer all the church members a 15% first time user discount..hang on
to your hat at the calls you will get..epically when they find out how low you are doing
the church for..still making a few bucks on it but adding hugely to your customer base.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there is money to be made with this machine...and I plan on tapping into its main vein.......

John Buxton

I fought it for a long time too Jim. Had a large private school that used me but now they rent a cimex and let their janitor do it.

Also since I work alone, I installed a winch above the rear doors for getting it in and out. But be careful not to break that little black plastic piece the solution hose goes on.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Art Kelley":1gb36g3e]
RickL said:

Truck was sitting there on stand by just in case...more so to use the hoist to get this 2 ton machine in and out of the back.....[/quote:1gb36g3e]

Its more awkward than anything to lift up and down. I remember the first time I lifted one into a box truck... I thought someone was playing a cruel sick joke on me. Now you can chuckle the rest of the day imagining my scrawny butt trying not to give myself a hernia lifting that thing over up past my shoulders. :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Congrats Jim.

First I tell you guys to dump the Vortex.....Good job

Then I tell you to use this whole encap thing...Great Job

Next you'll be padcapping residential and making some real money......Don't wait another 9 years Jim. !gotcha!

Just think...With padcapping you'll actually be REMOVING the soil instead of waiting for it to dry and be vacuumed out. :idea:

http://www.vacaway.com

For all your encap, padcap etc needs.

Name
I'm Rick James
Congrats... I added encap cleaning because of a 30,000 sq ft school I do a few times a year and it only took me once doing it all with a TM before I decided to encap it.. now we can do it all in 1 day... only use the TM for about 3500 sq ft due to heavily soiling.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jim just know the limitations to this SHAMPOO method.

And don't get suckered into buying $40 a gallon internet cult SHAMPOO.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Jimmy L said:
And don't get suckered into buying $40 a gallon internet cult SHAMPOO.

Instead get suckered into buying $50 a gallon internet cult shampoo!

Back
Top Bottom