powermax

Rex Tyus

Greenie said:
Larry doesn't have HydroForce instructions?

Not on the containers I have. He may have added it since the summer. That was the last time I ordered any.

Brian Luddy said:
Powermax - 16 oz in a 5-quart Hydroforce.

Does it clean for you at that?

But really how in the hell can you get from a recommended 8 oz per gallon to 16 oz for a HF. That is way Fn off. One or the other is WAYYYYY out of line. 16 oz may clean fine if you take the ratio tip out. :shock:

TimP

so that's 12 oz of powerburst vs 16 oz of powermax.

32 bucks for powerburst in cases.......14.40 bucks for powermax in a tub on special one case only. You can get it cheaper on special in the tubs and if you order 3 or more you don't pay to have them boxed...savings of 15 bucks in boxes and ups charges. Last time I bought them it was cheaper and was 2 bucks a lb I just checked and it had gone up slightly to 2.22 a lb with free freight.

I personally clean with a battery sprayer at 4 oz per gallon and 2 oz of powerburst.

You guys do the math and tell me what's cheaper.

Rex Tyus

Tim, my point is lost on you man. I give up.

If 16 oz of powermax will clean something to satisfaction then 8 oz of power break or powerburst would suffice. I can't say it any more plain than that.

Or you could get a moderate ph of 10 with Prozyme from CTI and do it at 8 or 9 oz at a MUCH lower cost per rtu. But buy what you like use what you like IDGAS. I don't sell anything I don't get commision on anything. I don't really even like telling people what I use.

Anytime someone goes against the grain and states a different opinion about the board de'jour the insecure crowd comes out, grinding their teeth and moaning and groaning. Let me repeat,

I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT ANYBODY USES.

For the new guys:

Just do your own math, test it for yourself before you order a shit load of something you really don't care for.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it has taken me a several years to come up with my combo and it may be different later on. Who knows I may start running an emulsifier through my system. I say keep trying different things and once you have something that YOUR happy with go with it and don't give a crap what anyone else says

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Rex Tyus said:
Greenie said:
Larry doesn't have HydroForce instructions?

Not on the containers I have. He may have added it since the summer. That was the last time I ordered any.

[quote="Brian Luddy":1nwyox56]Powermax - 16 oz in a 5-quart Hydroforce.

Does it clean for you at that?

But really how in the hell can you get from a recommended 8 oz per gallon to 16 oz for a HF. That is way Fn off. One or the other is WAYYYYY out of line. 16 oz may clean fine if you take the ratio tip out. :shock:[/quote:1nwyox56]

That's about right. I put in about 20 oz's in my 7 quart inline. I don't remember but I think I got that number from Larry or someone else posting it here at some point. Anyway yes it does clean at that ratio. Personally I agree with you. The reason I'm not using so much of it these days is because I've been using my battery sprayer and at 8 oz's per gallon it's not cost effective But when I'm using my inline at 20 oz it's very cost effective. For me I bounce back and forth between the inline and the battery. Generally on larger commercial jobs I'm still using the inline cause I don't want to have to mix so many jugs for the inline and these of course are the dirtier jobs and the powermax works fine at 20 per 7 quart jug sometimes I'll go even as low as 16oz per jug.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Rex I started out with 1-6.5 lb tub, then 1-45 lb tub , then 10-45 lb tubs, now I just ordered 2-400 lb drums. But honestly money is not the only issue with me I just really like the stuff.

Rex Tyus

mwall2230 said:
Rex I started out with 1-6.5 lb tub, then 1-45 lb tub , then 10-45 lb tubs, now I just ordered 2-400 lb drums. But honestly money is not the only issue with me I just really like the stuff.

I respect that. I have even said it was a decent product over and over. I simply stated that with the recommended dilution ratios buying it because it is "cheap" is ignorant.

TimP

I cleaned about 100,000 ft with 135 lbs.

I'd say edgeing on 600,000 ft of carpet. Say at 20 cents a ft $120,000...150,000 at .25. Enough for a whole year maybe 2 for 1 truck if I had to guess.

Rex Tyus

TimP said:

I'd say edgeing on 600,000 ft of carpet. Say at 20 cents a ft $120,000...150,000 at .25. Enough for a whole year maybe 2 for 1 truck if I had to guess.

Have you been drinking or do you just like to talk in riddles?

TimP

Greenie said:
TimP said:

Did it stay clean? That is the nature of my question on the pH stuff.

The last school I cleaned was over 6-7 weeks as I had to do it on saturdays cause they had major construction going on durring the summer and had to clean it durring school time.

The stuff I cleaned on day 1 with school traffic and kids had no apparent resoil or traffic what so ever. I went through the entier school after I finished to double check my #'s to bill the school. And I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

TimP

PH has nothing to do with resoil in my opinion. As long as you get the sticky stuff out that's what matters.

It might be that was checked right after and the O2 was still active???

The way I understand it the reason chemicals keeps ph is due to buffers. I don't know if it even has any buffers though.

The stuff is very slick and easy to rinse. It's basically enzymes, percarbonate, citrus, and a crazy slick surfactant (observation). On hard surface it will even look like wax. Other than what it says on the tub and my observations I wouldn't have a clue.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Able 1 said:
Let's see I run 1/2 gal. of ultra pac to a HF that is $17.00 everytime I fill it up... But it make me is about $1,200!
I just don't know why anyone would really care about price of a pre-spray.

Correction: 1 gal. of UP makes me $1,200, still don't think that is bad...

TimP

admiralclean said:
You waited until you were through ... 6 or 7 weeks later ... to bill them?

Are you RETARDED?

No I had billed them for what I had done to get paid before the 2nd month. But before I did the final bill I wanted to make sure on the totals. They only pay 1 time a month. Not all jobs can pay immediately.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The way it was worded, it had me wondering.

I do a lot of schools and churches, and both know how to whine and make a cleaner think he owes it to them to wait on his money.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
fook it i mix it at 3oz-ish per gallon in my elec/battery/wetf you wanna call it spray machine...and it works just fine....however some of you bithced about some of my pics....soooo maybe ill throw a bout a pint of 40z into each 10gallon batch i mix and see what happens :twisted: :twisted:

as far as the hydro-hoe P.O.S does it matter wtf the dilution is??? it dont draw it out where you want it anyway...

the 2 powermax(x)'zzzzz have worked the best for me by far, price wise it leans to larrys stuff...havent had any complaints....in fact I have had nothing but praise over what ever any other SOB has been doing out there....

so in the end isnt that what it is all about??? making the custy happy???

as 1 of my favorite lines in a movie goes.....HELL ID PISS ON A SPARK PLUG IF I THOUGHT IT WOULD DO ANY GOOD!!!!!!!

anyone one know which movie??

so in closing

HELL ID PISS ON THE CARPET IF'N I THOUGHT IT DID ANY GOOD 8) 8) 8)

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Rex Tyus said:
I respect the old school guys that like to spritz on the prespray. But that ain't for me. I have neither the time nor the patients to mix up a pump up on every job. Powder goes in a 6 gal bucket the night before or morning of. Add 5 gal of water mix with drill and paint mixer attachment fill 4 HF jugs. Put on shelve in truck go clean like hell, return to shop.

I would pull my freaking hair out if I had to mix a new jug or sprayer at every job. What a waste of freaken time. But hey if'n it is working for ya, keep on trucking brother.

It takes me about 1 minute to pull the top off my cordless hf sprayer, fill with hot water from the truck and add chems while it fills. Sometimes the 3 gallons lasts 2 jobs. I prefer to work while I'm working. I'm not mixing and filling tanks when I get home.

Greenie

How in the hell do u make 3 gal. last two jobs? what student dorms? I wouldn't make it through 3 rooms and a hall with 3 gal?

Able 1

Name
Keith
floorguy said:
fook it i mix it at 3oz-ish per gallon in my elec/battery/wetf you wanna call it spray machine...and it works just fine....however some of you bithced about some of my pics....soooo maybe ill throw a bout a pint of 40z into each 10gallon batch i mix and see what happens :twisted: :twisted:

as far as the hydro-hoe P.O.S does it matter wtf the dilution is??? it dont draw it out where you want it anyway...

the 2 powermax(x)'zzzzz have worked the best for me by far, price wise it leans to larrys stuff...havent had any complaints....in fact I have had nothing but praise over what ever any other SOB has been doing out there....

so in the end isnt that what it is all about??? making the custy happy???

as 1 of my favorite lines in a movie goes.....HELL ID PISS ON A SPARK PLUG IF I THOUGHT IT WOULD DO ANY GOOD!!!!!!!

anyone one know which movie??

so in closing

HELL ID PISS ON THE CARPET IF'N I THOUGHT IT DID ANY GOOD 8) 8) 8)

I think the last smilies should be :shock: :shock: :shock:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
thats what i was thinking..i get great results without soaking the carpet with ps maybe the guys that are soaking the carpet should try something that doesn't require that to work..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom