Powermax

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Why does powermax separate so much? I have to constantly shake my hydro-force for it to stay mixed, did I get a bad batch?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I was SOLD on powermax for a couple buckets worth. Then I ordered 4 buckets to get the free shipping and holy crap that batch was awful! I almost lost 2 commercial accts before I realized it was the powermax that was causing a heavy duty resoiling issue, at the same time I noticed you couldn't wash the crap off your hands there was so much residue. I like Cobbs and I think they have alot of good things to offer here but they have had blend issues before. On the bright side this is what led me in the search for a new commercial cleaning agent and found Flex/with Citrus and have not had a problem since. It cleaned up those 2 accounts on first cleaning and not a single problem since. Search posts, others like Jim Martin has run into this problem as well.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was happy with Judson's stuff until I learned that (supposedly) Powermax was something like 3 or 4 times cheaper RTU. (If Cobb's recommended mix ratio is correct.) So, I ordered a bucket of Powermax to see.

I hope it's not going to be ANOTHER bulletin board hyped disappointment!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Harper and I have been discussing it over on Allsixofus (plus Les) and he is in agreement with me. Everything else equal, price is a factor.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
JMO & Billy;

PowerMax has one component that does not dissolve immediately.

This is the oxidizer time-release component.

Depending on the temperature of the water, it will take up to 10 minutes, or so to completely dissolve.

One other factor, may be the amount you are trying to dissolve in the "inline sprayer".

1.5 cups per 5 quart container is the recommended concentration.

Thanks;

Larry

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
JMO;

PowerMax has one component that does not dissolve immediately.

This is the oxidizer time-release component.

Depending on the temperature of the water, it will take up to 10 minutes, or so to dissolve.

One other factor, may be the amount you are trying to dissolve in the "inline sprayer".

1.5 cups per 5 quart container is the recommended concentration.

Thanks;

Larry

What spray meter tip if any?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
What spray meter tip if any?

Dan;

I like to replace the standard flat filter with this much improved larger domed design:

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=3736

Anybody ordering PowerMax, can ask for one at no charge, to improve their inline sprayer capability.

The standard metering tip is Yellow for an 8-1 dilution ratio.

Most of my customers eliminate the metering tip, so they can prespray faster.

Time is money.

Larry

P.S. Marty says to use whatever chemical is local.

This will be a good test.

Last edited:

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
If you need a good commercial prespray try EasyXtrat.com I love that stuff. I use a half cup in a 7 qt jug and take out the metering tip. Once in a blue moon I will hit a certain carpet like with any prespray that will take an extra pass but that is not often. AND I have never had a problem with this stuff using it for over ten years.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
If you need a good commercial prespray try EasyXtrat.com I love that stuff. I use a half cup in a 7 qt jug and take out the metering tip. Once in a blue moon I will hit a certain carpet like with any prespray that will take an extra pass but that is not often. AND I have never had a problem with this stuff using it for over ten years.

isnt that the one that they stopped making because of a name conflict and about 6 months ago stated selling under new name?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was SOLD on powermax for a couple buckets worth. Then I ordered 4 buckets to get the free shipping and holy crap that batch was awful! I almost lost 2 commercial accts before I realized it was the powermax that was causing a heavy duty resoiling issue, at the same time I noticed you couldn't wash the crap off your hands there was so much residue. I like Cobbs and I think they have alot of good things to offer here but they have had blend issues before. On the bright side this is what led me in the search for a new commercial cleaning agent and found Flex/with Citrus and have not had a problem since. It cleaned up those 2 accounts on first cleaning and not a single problem since. Search posts, others like Jim Martin has run into this problem as well.

I think it was a week or 2 ago that I mentioned that something was off again....

the only time I have problems with it mixing is the very first batch in the morning....machine is cold and still warming.....after that the water is real hot it dissolves right away.............

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
e7abu7yr.jpg

Power Macs dissolves instantly for me first job!!!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I mix it in a 5qt HF jug and fill it with hot tap water before I head out in the morning. It seems to stay mixed good.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
I am mixing a cup and half and mixing with hot water but still seems to be separating?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
That's what I mix and my hydroforce finishes with no left over mess every time.

Last edited:

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I am mixing a cup and half and mixing with hot water but still seems to be separating?

Yes it does separate (kind of like a oil & vinegar dressing) if you set the jug down for awhile like when cleaning a room or two of carpet.

All you have to do is swirl the jug a bit to put it back in suspension before spraying the next rooms or two.

Maybe Larry will come on and say what component separates? Either the Oxidizer or the Citrus separates?

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I've also noticed mixing Powemaxx can be a little tricky. It's got sodium per carbonate, which takes a few minutes to dissolve and then there is the delimolene which is a citrus solvent that tends to separate even while mixing it up. I use 8 Oz of PM and a tip-less in line sprayer for a 1-4 mix ratio so I tend to use most of what I have just mixed up on a job.(Sodium per carbonate will lose its effectiveness if it sits around for too long.)

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Been using it on 2 trucks for 7 years. Mix it hot. It's the very best and most user friendly pre spray available. You can go from tile straight to carpet and if you over spray a little on wood or stainless just wipe it off. No issues. Stuff is awesome!!

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
P o w e r m a x is a great cleaner, but it can be a little difficult to dissolve. However, I have heard similar complaints about other powder detergents. Don't just use hot water, use the hottest water available. Like Charlie, I would mix it in the morning and let it slosh around on the way to the job. Also, using the HF wand to stir it up seemed to help. If you live in a hard water area it will be a little more difficult getting any powder dissolved thoroughly... and keeping it in suspension.

One more thing, on a commercial job where you have a residue problem the first thing I would suspect is a pre-existing condition. The differences in raw materials can make blending consistent batches difficult for chemical manufacturers. We have many happy P o w e r m a x users out there. If you have a problem with any Dynachem product, please give me a call. I will take care of you personally.

Ray

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Here is a cheap but very effective way to mix up powders. I got a piece of hose from an old truckmount. Cut the end open multiple times like an octopus..put that end in the hydroforce and spin it around for a few seconds or a minute. Those little tentacles will slap around creating a great mixing action. The hose itself is about 2 feet long for ease of handling and spinning.

View attachment 1777

No need for a cordless drill and paint mixer nonsense....

Reactions: Larry Cobb

hogjowl

Idiot™
My hydroforce has a niftly handle on it that allows me to hold it in one hand and swirl it around to mix the stuff in it.

I must have the only one ...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
My hydroforce has a niftly handle on it that allows me to hold it in one hand and swirl it around to mix the stuff in it.

I must have the only one ...

Funny...except the fact that when you fill up the hydroforce and it is nearly full, shaking it around may not mix the powder well, that is sitting on the bottom.
I used to do the swirling too by only filling halfway up and adding the powder. Once "swirled" I would fill it up more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom