Pro1200se

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My 6.0 had hesitation last week when I accelerated on a green light 3 times. I added 3 cans of fuel treatment, thinking there might be a little water in my tank. It hasn't happened again since then. It might need a tune up since it has close to 170k on it

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Eric
My 6.0 had hesitation last week when I accelerated on a green light 3 times. I added 3 cans of fuel treatment, thinking there might be a little water in my tank. It hasn't happened again since then. It might need a tune up since it has close to 170k on it
I was thinking it may be bad gas too. When it was down to 3/4 tank I filled up with premium and a fuel treatment with no help. It’s almost down to 1/4 tank now and I’m going to fill it up with both again to hopefully help.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
It started off as a Traction Control service warning coupled with a check engine light. Then is also started running rough

They all start off (2 years in, 2017 for mine), with Traction Control warning light, no matter which machine is in the van, I guess. Mine (with Pro 1200se), ended up with about $10,000 in warranty work, which was covered. I had to pay for the plugs and wires, ($450) supposedly with a lifetime warranty of that stuff. I don't ever hear of Butlers having these problems, probably because of their superior cooling fan and lots of air movement. (Well, except for Saigers problem. That was a starter, I believe)

Ahhh, life with a direct drive machine.

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Eric
And broke down in the customer’s driveway today. Good thing ole trusty was in the van.

06837EBE-869E-415D-8836-F3A3CF61538A.jpeg

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Why didn't sapphire stick with the original white magic 1200 design when they bought it? I was told that model was almost bulletproof
That was just a clunky copy of the first gen Hydramaster CDS. Things change, the vans themselves change, and those old units wouldn't work in a modern truck.

This thread has had a lot of PTO bashing, but most multi-truck companies use PTO units because they're far more reliable and far cheaper to run than slide-ins. Eric has some issues with his unit, but the unit isn't causing the problems with his truck. It seems the mechanics that can't find the real problem with his truck are blaming the unit.

The trucks are the problem for us. After years of reliable GM vans, we're starting to see some alarming trends with the newer ones. Things like engine-eating lifter failures (that have nothing to do with running a PTO).

We have a new GMC box truck with less than 10k on it. It started throwing random codes and went into limp mode. After two engine replacements in one to two-year old trucks, we took it straight to the dealership. They diagnosed a bad torque converter (a weld split) and they replaced the transmission.

Can't blame the unit, it's just an empty box truck.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That was just a clunky copy of the first gen Hydramaster CDS. Things change, the vans themselves change, and those old units wouldn't work in a modern truck.

This thread has had a lot of PTO bashing, but most multi-truck companies use PTO units because they're far more reliable and far cheaper to run than slide-ins. Eric has some issues with his unit, but the unit isn't causing the problems with his truck. It seems the mechanics that can't find the real problem with his truck are blaming the unit.

The trucks are the problem for us. After years of reliable GM vans, we're starting to see some alarming trends with the newer ones. Things like engine-eating lifter failures (that have nothing to do with running a PTO).

We have a new GMC box truck with less than 10k on it. It started throwing random codes and went into limp mode. After two engine replacements in one to two-year old trucks, we took it straight to the dealership. They diagnosed a bad torque converter (a weld split) and they replaced the transmission.

Can't blame the unit, it's just an empty box truck.
Be nice if hydramaster brought Toyota vans over here.

Reactions: The Great Oz

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Be nice if Toyota brought Toyota vans over here. If getting them certified here is a job too big for Toyota, it's too big for anyone else.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Eric
Man what a week. On Monday morning after having the van towed to the shop it started right up for the mechanics and drove perfectly fine. While they were working on diagnosing it I registered my old van (2001 Dodge with 4.7 CDS) and headed to the shop to pick up equipment from the new van for my jobs that day. My old van ran extremely rough and barely made it to the shop.

On the Chevy they were thinking maybe the fuel pump was heating up while it ran and the drop in fuel pressure was causing it to run rough/die. Since my old van wasn't able to go anywhere they hooked up a fuel pump gauge to the Chevy so I could monitor it for pressure drops when it was running rough. I completed two jobs without incident but it died on me yesterday on my first job and wouldn't restart. The van still has fuel pressure and they're trying to diagnose what is going on with the fuel control issues but aren't having much luck. Luckily the Dodge just had bad spark plugs and is running great again and I will be able to pick it up in the morning and get some jobs done this weekend.

Hopefully they can get my Chevy figured out soon. It's going to be rough going back to the old equipment after having the nicer setup for several months now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom