Pro1200se

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You need to find a real mechanic. Not someone who takes parts off and puts parts on.
The guy I’ve used has saved me thousands over the years. But these vans aren’t his specialty.

You would think a dealership would look a little harder for the problem before saying it’s an engine when it’s a unplugged censor and a wire.

Lastly there was port behind the direct drive last time they need to plug into not sure what it was called

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The guy I’ve used has saved me thousands over the years. But these vans aren’t his specialty.

You would think a dealership would look a little harder for the problem before saying it’s an engine when it’s a unplugged censor and a wire.

Lastly there was port behind the direct drive last time they need to plug into not sure what it was called
They should be able to read the codes, then check what they find. When the code indicates a sensor the first thing they should check are the connections. Lately, I've been using a guy who is close to me but not always not happy with his work. Recently have gone back to my old mechanic who is more expensive but I have never had a problem with his work.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
They should be able to read the codes, then check what they find. When the code indicates a sensor the first thing they should check are the connections. Lately, I've been using a guy who is close to me but not always not happy with his work. Recently have gone back to my old mechanic who is more expensive but I have never had a problem with his work.
It’s weird we did check
Codes and it was a coming back a bad gas tank pressure sensor we reset the computer and filled the tank and waited to see which sensor it was when the check engine light came on. Also at that point the alternator was running 15 amps and the battery was sluggish.

New battery and sparks plugs was great. The guy who did that worked accidentally left the mass air flow sensor unplugged.

That’s when everything went haywire and I took it to the dealership.

They were bozos and refused to touch it with after market parts on it.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
When it rains, it pours. Hope things pick up for you Mark.

They should all heal and get better. My mini schnauzer is just barely hanging on I think.

Schedule is crazy busy here. Trying to help with the overage.... And do my other job too.

Kind of insanity.

Hope you get the SS working

Mikey P

Administrator
It’s weird we did check
Codes and it was a coming back a bad gas tank pressure sensor we reset the computer and filled the tank and waited to see which sensor it was when the check engine light came on. Also at that point the alternator was running 15 amps and the battery was sluggish.

New battery and sparks plugs was great. The guy who did that worked accidentally left the mass air flow sensor unplugged.

That’s when everything went haywire and I took it to the dealership.

They were bozos and refused to touch it with after market parts on it.

Mechanics no longer know how to analyze problems.

Just keep tossing new parts at it untill it works again. Most have gone to piece work and the time allotted is never enough.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You’re uniquely qualified for insanity

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Saiger

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Rydell did a good job but they had nothing in the way to look at it.

I seriously doubt I need it towed $350 and the clutch drive removed and replaced $650 in the first place. But yeah it’s a learning experience.

Next time I’ll drive it to Rydell and let them look if its a serious engine issue I’ll pull the clutch drive.

0C0FF428-07B6-4D21-BE1D-8314D6DFD3EB.jpeg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lastly there’s still a good possibility I’ll have problems with the catalytic converter pray it ain’t so!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Man Sam. This is turning into a soap opera.
Well the cat hasn’t failed, and it ran great yesterday, but it takes time for the computer flag a bad cat.

It’s a watch and see moment right now.

The unplugged mass air flow censor would cause it. But there was a some
Serious misfires all the time which isn’t good for a catalytic converter either.

Name
Matt Ross
All of that you could have done yourself with a 200 dollar harbor frieght tool kit, $20 dollar amazon obd2 scanner, and about 3 hrs, working slow. I realize there are lots of times where it pays to pay someone else. Our time is valuable. But that is very simple stuff a high schooler could do, in less time than it took you driving around to the different dealerships and worrying about it. Watch some youtube vids. Dive in. Just my opinion.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Originally it was cylinder #5 misfire now it’s #3 misfire

That’s the code my Vyncs gps device came up with

98861E0B-6449-48DE-9F83-1BCA528429E3.png 5D310EA2-84F0-4D7A-BDFB-9C1E44911B2C.jpeg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Put on the one wire for today reset computer and it runs good $40 cash for my mechanic to help me replace it

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Thank you so much, I ordered the parts from amazon $18, and I’m gonna have my guy replace the rest of
The spark plug wires and put those on and flush my radiator too.

I know I should do it!

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thank you so much, I order the parts from amazon $18, and I’m gonna have my guy replace the rest of
The spark plug wires and put those in and flush my radiator too.

I know I should do it!
You might as well change the thing a ma jig and replace the dubity bop while you're at it.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom