Reliabuilt Truckmounts?

rick imby

Name
Rick
Funny I just followed the link to Cobbs machine and then followed the link to their heat Exchanger diagram. The no diverter heat exchanger.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/hx55.html

I don't fully understand but if it works as well as it seems to I wonder why more companies aren't using this model.

Chris Kato

Name
chriskato
I also purchased a Relia-built truckmount and very happy with it I did some searches in truckmount forum and few cleaners had them and was very happy so I decided to get one by the way the 23 hp engines are b&s Vanguard

Reactions: Desk Jockey

FredC

Village Idiot
I also purchased a Relia-built truckmount and very happy with it I did some searches in truckmount forum and few cleaners had them and was very happy so I decided to get one by the way the 23 hp engines are b&s Vanguard

Why so eclectic with your fleet? TNT, Relabilt and now a boxxer 318?

Chris Kato

Name
chriskato
Well I really wanted to get a TNT but I din't have a room for LG in the van and I didn't really wanted to use Propane so decided to get 318 but then I didn't want to get something and after a year or two changing it for a biger one so I got this one which has the same power as TNT but with HE

Reactions: FredC

grizzley

Name
Tim
I dont have a reliabuilt, but they are solid machines......His smallest tm, and the cheapest does have a lifan motor, but the lifan, at least this model is a mirror image of the Honda.....of course, you could also upgrade to a Kohler too. Gotta remember, I know some Tm manufacturers that go to Harbor Freight and put on the Predator motors.......Reliabuilt I'm sure doesnt have the bells and whistles that some folks drool over, but for the nuts and bolts kind of guys, that wants something that is easy to use, easy to work on, and easy on the wallet, then you cant go wrong with one.

grizzley

Name
Tim
Shilling never ends.

Does anyone have one?

Give us the 3 year update...

...in 3 years.

NO shilling. Not at all, but I also know that a tm is more about how it is built, than anything else. Is it comparable to a 30k 870....hell no, but its not designed to be. Its designed as an entry level, solid built tm...and since its essentially a "no name brand' tm, probably doesnt have much of a resell value, but for what it is, and what it is intended to be, its a good value and is par with any of the garage builders out there.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have no issue with the build of the unit. It's not unlike any other that anyone with a jig and a little skills can put together.

I still feel it foolish to front the money for the build. If this guy is for real he should have deep enough pockets to be able build it on no more than a deposit.

To pre-pay half or all of the machine is just uncalled for in my opinion. If that's the only way this dude does business then I'd suggest you look elsewhere.

What is being built isn't anything special and can be found from other builders.

Able 1

Name
Keith
So, it's kind of like a Bissell? Use and abuse it, and get another in 6 months..

I think my first Prochem will be around for my entire career(already 10 years old), at least it could be..

Mikey P

Administrator
NO shilling. Not at all, but I also know that a tm is more about how it is built, than anything else. Is it comparable to a 30k 870....hell no, but its not designed to be. Its designed as an entry level, solid built tm...and since its essentially a "no name brand' tm, probably doesnt have much of a resell value, but for what it is, and what it is intended to be, its a good value and is par with any of the garage builders out there.
Have you seen one in person?
Does someone your trust own one?

rick imby

Name
Rick
A garage built from Colorado...I thought they were all built in Texas... With the amazingly high prices of garages in Colorado---most of them are now converted to growing weeds----I hope he doesn't get outbid from his garage.

I know nothing about Relia-built...

This was my attempt at humor---I am not a Shill---yet...

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Able 1

grizzley

Name
Tim
Have you seen one in person?
Does someone your trust own one?
I know 3 guys that has one.....one has had it for almost 2 years now with zero problems, or at least minimal problems....Dont know anyone who has a 33 blower....all are 36 or 45....And yes, I do trust this person.

Able 1

Name
Keith
A garage built from Colorado...I thought they were all built in Texas... With the amazingly high prices of garages in Colorado---most of them are now converted to growing weeds----I hope he doesn't get outbid from his garage.

I know nothing about Relia-built...

This was my attempt at humor---I am not a Shill---yet...

I wonder if a weed grower gets a deposit on the seeds..

Reactions: rick imby

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe he just needs a new advertising rep. When you say things like "genuine Lifan engines, no knock offs" when Lifan is a knock off of a Honda engine. You buy Lifan when you can't afford Honda. When your warranty says what's not covered, instead of what's covered and how long. When he says you can upgrade your 16hp Lifan to a 14hp Kohler, (why would want a better quality, smaller hp motor) These things make the whole prospect look like a joke and that's how he will be treated. There is a market for low cost, reliable truck mounts just like there is for low cost reliable cars but you have to be able to convince the customer that the product will perform as well, just maybe without all the bells and whistles. So far, I am unconvinced.

grizzley

Name
Tim
I purchased a tm from Reliabuilt and so far, very, very happy with it. Has outstanding heat, and is just put together about as simple as they come.........I didnt want the bells and whistles and as long as I had good suction, good heat, and good overall components then I would be happy. Not intending to change a single persons mind who is dead set on their favorite brand, but if you are looking for a great tm at a good price then I do highly suggest at least calling Kacy up and talk to him about what he can do for ya.. And to answer the question that was asked before.........Yes, 12am while installing it, I called about a question and Kacy answered on the second ring.

grizzley

Name
Tim
No machine is impervious to a breakdown, or improper maintenance. The few folks I talked to that run them everyday though all have stated they never missed a beat though One of his first machines that he built is still in service from over 3 years ago. What matters to me is the ease of service and everything is simple and made clean, made with the same components as all the others and aligned properly on a solid frame.

Attachments

• 14233321_1229140003784467_893711289_o.jpg
    14233321_1229140003784467_893711289_o.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 811
Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
No machine is impervious to a breakdown, or improper maintenance. The few folks I talked to that run them everyday though all have stated they never missed a beat though One of his first machines that he built is still in service from over 3 years ago. What matters to me is the ease of service and everything is simple and made clean, made with the same components as all the others and aligned properly on a solid frame.
How many hours do you have on your machine now? Do you have any videos on you running it close up in the middle of the job to show us the heat and suction of it? Can you show us some close up pics of how the unit's constructed?

I asked those same questions on "the douche" forum, and the only answer I got was from some prick who rudely said he's not gonna show anything, like it's some new, secret. PSV! It hurt my feelings just a little, but the guy didn't realize that I was burned badly on a texas lemon. And I was wanting to know how it was designed so I could either point out the failure points on what's gonna go wrong with it, or praise the manufacturer on how well it's designed. The dude probably thought I was gonna "steal" his top secret design.

So, from someone who just cleans carpet, could you please answer my questions with detail? Thanks

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I've said this for years;
Any truckmount is only as reliable as the sum of its parts...

Why does it seem like SO MANY of the "Texas Mounts" are lemons? I personally refer to them as "Northern Tool Mounts"
Suffering from "Built on a Monday" Syndrome.

Think about it, they are JUST square tube frames, with the same or similar motors, pumps, blowers.
The only real variables are weld quality, alignment, and how many miles of hoses they use to try and control the water temperature.

They cannot be selling anywhere NEAR as many as the Big Three TM mfgs... yet an OVERWHELMING number of them have major engine/blower/pump issues, vs the Big MFG's
They don't make those components; they slap them on their frame and call it done.

The issue is, they need to make a profit, but don't have the BUYING POWER of the Big Three , so, they turn to Northern tool, who HAS the buying power, who also accepts a much, MUCH, MUUUUCH higher percentage failure rate from the products they buy, than the Big Three do, because they don't care, if they sell a Brigs 23hp engine, and it fails, who looks bad? Briggs.

If Sapphire sells a TM, and the Briggs engine fails, THEY look bad.

SO, Texas Joe wants to buy 30 - Kohler 23.5hp motors at a discount of $100 each, Northern tool is more than happy to sell them the Kohler units "Built on a Monday", It's the same friggin motor, but I'll guarantee you they are units thrown on an assembly line moving 2x faster, by a totally different crew.

Other major problems; are that they are a revolving door of model designs, no one unit is identical to the next, each customer is the Beta tester of that unit...
Alignment issues, poorly crimped hoses... and enough of them to stretch around the earth several times.

But... you have other so-called "Garage units"... I won't insult Judson by including them in this category, so Ill refer to anything herein as "Small batch" units.

You very rarely if ever hear of any issues... They have consistent designs, (Not changing hardly at all in 40 years in Judsons case)...
They aren't trying to blow units out at the cheapest price, so they a buying their components from better sources.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've said this for years;
Any truckmount is only as reliable as the sum of its parts...

Why does it seem like SO MANY of the "Texas Mounts" are lemons? I personally refer to them as "Northern Tool Mounts"
Suffering from "Built on a Monday" Syndrome.

Think about it, they are JUST square tube frames, with the same or similar motors, pumps, blowers.
The only real variables are weld quality, alignment, and how many miles of hoses they use to try and control the water temperature.

They cannot be selling anywhere NEAR as many as the Big Three TM mfgs... yet an OVERWHELMING number of them have major engine/blower/pump issues, vs the Big MFG's
They don't make those components; they slap them on their frame and call it done.

The issue is, they need to make a profit, but don't have the BUYING POWER of the Big Three , so, they turn to Northern tool, who HAS the buying power, who also accepts a much, MUCH, MUUUUCH higher percentage failure rate from the products they buy, than the Big Three do, because they don't care, if they sell a Brigs 23hp engine, and it fails, who looks bad? Briggs.

If Sapphire sells a TM, and the Briggs engine fails, THEY look bad.

SO, Texas Joe wants to buy 30 - Kohler 23.5hp motors at a discount of $100 each, Northern tool is more than happy to sell them the Kohler units "Built on a Monday", It's the same friggin motor, but I'll guarantee you they are units thrown on an assembly line moving 2x faster, by a totally different crew.

Other major problems; are that they are a revolving door of model designs, no one unit is identical to the next, each customer is the Beta tester of that unit...
Alignment issues, poorly crimped hoses... and enough of them to stretch around the earth several times.

But... you have other so-called "Garage units"... I won't insult Judson by including them in this category, so Ill refer to anything herein as "Small batch" units.

You very rarely if ever hear of any issues... They have consistent designs, (Not changing hardly at all in 40 years in Judsons case)...
They aren't trying to blow units out at the cheapest price, so they a buying their components from better sources.

How do you classify Cobbmounts?

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I believe that I know cliff. He is a decent guy, willing to help a guy when needed. He use to run cleanco's but has sold them in favor of the relibuilt units. They are easier to work on and don't require a trip to a certified mechanic to replace a hose or fitting.
I will say this though. Some of you guys will never buy a TM from a small time guy and that is ok. But please don't crap on those who will give the small guy a chance. If you are not mechanically inclined and need a certified repair shop to do everything for you then by all means go buy a prochem or a hydramaster with a shop down the street. If you can turn a wrench and don't mind doing so when needed why not save some money and buy a lower priced machine from a company who doesn't have to support 10 people on the marketing team, another 10 in sales, another 5 in processing, and countless in building and management.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom