Reliabuilt Truckmounts?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Absolutely makes no sense at all.......Honestly. Look at the factual data. The big guys typically just tack a few grand to the price of the machine for a "inhouse warranty" and then sell to distributors. The distributors tack on a few grand depending on the machine purchased for their commission. So, a large portion of your purchase is nothing more than a warranty to cover component warranty that you have anyways and to pay jondon or bridgepoint or whoever the opportunity to sell it to you..........Or you can keep that coin in your pocket, and if anything does happen, just work on it yourself........But I get it, some folks are die hard and loyal to the brand of their choosing. Aint nothing wrong with that at all. Lee, didnt you build some tm's? If so, since you built them, and not SS, were they junk?

Any of that "extra cost" will be made back in resale.. I am always looking for used Prochem units (Peak or Apex).. I wouldn't buy any garage build unit ever!

Reactions: SamIam

grizzley

Name
Tim
I'm just a apt hack that came from the manufacturing side as an Engineer who's job got sent to Mexico a few years back thanks to NAFTA. No pitches, no gimmicks at all......Look at the pic....Its simple, and is engineered far simpler than any other garage mount that I have seen. While I can not give actual experience on the longevity of the tm, I have spoken with several who has had them for 3-4 years without a single, or very little issues, all with thousands of hours on them. The air cooled engine wont have the life of a liquid cooled, thats a given. The pump is the same pump that goes on Hotsy pressure washers....Which I wanted since if I did have a problem, we have a shop locally that I can have WARRANTY work done on it. And the blower is a roots.....Everything is aligned perfectly. 2 hoses on the tm only. 2 HX- and everything is stainless, from the frame, to the hx, to the tank.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sorry but it does look like a POS. However a machine doesn't have to look pretty to be functional.
You seem like a nice, intelligent person, hopefully you made the right decision for your business.

Only time will tell though!

There is enough risk in running an business already, when I make purchases I want proven track records to hedge my bets. It doesn't guarantee anything still but its the best insurance I can buy. That few thousand you speak of can be cheap should your machine end up being less than you expected.

Either way, good luck to you, sincerely! :cool:

grizzley

Name
Tim
I'm sorry but it does look like a POS. However a machine doesn't have to look pretty to be functional.
You seem like a nice, intelligent person, hopefully you made the right decision for your business.

Only time will tell though!

There is enough risk in running an business already, when I make purchases I want proven track records to hedge my bets. It doesn't guarantee anything still but its the best insurance I can buy. That few thousand you speak of can be cheap should your machine end up being less than you expected.

Either way, good luck to you, sincerely! :cool:

Listen up folks......Desk Jockey effectively criticized me without being offensive at all.........Thats how it should be. Bravo!

I guess coming from my background, simplicity is what sells for me. Too many times, manufacturers make a product more complicated than what it should be all in the effort to make distributors more money on the back end doing the repairs. I shown the side view of the tm to showcase this simplicity. If you look at 90% of the tm's out there, its a rat nest of wires and hoses that for many, makes it very confusing.

I'm not a gambling man at all......And you are correct, running a business is risky enough without adding additional stress to the mix. I'm sure I will have mechanical failures down the road- but what can go wrong can be fixed by me the same day as pretty much every part on this machine can be purchased locally off the shelve. Many guys despise couplers, but Kacy put the motor on a slide so even this is no more than a 20 minute job to do. Its the little things like that that I wanted to see.

And thanks. I do appreciate the sincerity.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Seriously I know of a few big name machines that weren't so hot.

The automatic diverter on the 405 I've heard stories.

The good news is garage guy can buy 2-3 machines for what the big boys charge.

So if he throws it out after 4 years if he gets 4 years out of it he got his money's worth.

I'm with Able I would buy a used big name first that's just me.

I sold a working 405 9500 hours on it and it still worked great.

If it fits your current business model fine.

I'm looking at a pro1200 a butler or a 650hp. When I buy another machine.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt
Name
Lee Stockwell
2 years ago an op guru, now a TM engineer.

Twelve years ago while dealing with 2 "new" machines from TX we "reframed" one with a slide plate to facilitate coupler repairs. Showed it to 2 people, Duane Oxley who drove up to see it, and a short guy from TX.

grizzley

Name
Tim
2 years ago an op guru, now a TM engineer.

Twelve years ago while dealing with 2 "new" machines from TX we "reframed" one with a slide plate to facilitate coupler repairs. Showed it to 2 people, Duane Oxley who drove up to see it, and a short guy from TX.

LOL, never been a guru, but do know that being old sometimes doesnt make you wise........Just senile. And yea, the slide plate isnt a new invention....Never said it was, but it is an ingenious design, among others that has been copied or redesigned throughout the years. I was an industrial engineer, not mechanical, so my specialty was taking a product or task and making improvements in function or in reducing cost.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have no problem with "garage built" units. It takes a lot of guts to design a put something out there for sale. You could say the same thing about devastor wands or filter, the Zipper, Tony's dang wands and the list goes on. You have to start somewhere. I just think you should building towards quality, not just to lower prices. Go with name brand motors, blowers pumps, etc. There is a reason why the big boys do that. I agree with not needing all the bells and whistles but at the same time, you have to be realistic about what your machine does and doesn't do. For example, if your machine doesn't have an automatic diverter valve, how do you keep from overheating if you have to lay the wand down for more than a few minutes. If you don't have a pump clutch, how do you do water extraction, if your pump isn't bypassed to your water box, how long does it take before your pump overheats. Same thing with low water solenoids, waste tank shut off solenoids, etc. You have to know what you are getting and what else is out there for just a few more bucks.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Had to reply to this after a Google search looking for Kaseys phone number.

Can't believe the negative feedback from people bashing him who have never dealt with him.

This guy is super legit, very honest, an excellent welder and makes great machines hands down.

We've been running one for 3yrs now full time, not one single issue what so ever. Price is great, customer service is excellent... anytime I ever had a question he got back to me instantly.

Can't say enough about Kasey and his machines and would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat.

I know sevreal others running them too, zero issues. He designed a bullet proof machine with common auto store parts that just works plain and simple.

We love our judson but the relia built has a bit more vacuum and the pre heater gets our water up to about 130 coming into the little giant which saves a ton on propane costs.

Glad to show videos or anything you may need if your considering a purchase. He builds these on custom orders only and takes great care of his customers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Can't believe the negative feedback from people bashing him who have never dealt with him.

This guy is super legit, very honest, an excellent welder and makes great machines hands down.

We've been running one for 3yrs now full time, not one single issue what so ever. Price is great, customer service is excellent... anytime I ever had a question he got back to me instantly.

Can't say enough about Kasey and his machines and would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat.

I know sevreal others running them too, zero issues. He designed a bullet proof machine with common auto store parts that just works plain and simple.

We love our judson but the relia built has a bit more vacuum and the pre heater gets our water up to about 130 coming into the little giant which saves a ton on propane costs.

Glad to show videos or anything you may need if your considering a purchase. He builds these on custom orders only and takes great care of his customers
That's great Bjorn. Can you post some videos of the machine on the job?

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Ok not to be douchey but a rebump of a thread that's been bumped before,

Looking for Mr Reliabuilts number, which you didn't have? And needed to find here?

Because he always answers his phone?

That you don't have?

So he gets back to you instantly but you lost his number?

Put that in your phone!

There have been lots of garage hack builders and gunea pigs along the way, sorry some here are skeptical especially those who have been bitten be less reliabuilt machines.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ok not to be douchey but a rebump of a thread that's been bumped before,

Looking for Mr Reliabuilts number, which you didn't have? And needed to find here?

Because he always answers his phone?

That you don't have?

So he gets back to you instantly but you lost his number?

Put that in your phone!

There have been lots of garage hack builders and gunea pigs along the way, sorry some here are skeptical especially those who have been bitten be less reliabuilt machines.
lol ur funny dude. I didnt have his number in my phone because I havent had to call him since I ordered a waste tank from him for our express about 2.5 years ago.

ya I can name a few of who your probably talking about, like the guy in texas who doesnt respond to buyers for months who are having issues.

Kasey is far from a hack my friend.

what size commercial location are you running your business out of?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
hydraclean-nw-main4-n71q0gzwo0u0zuye1mul0nwgo6k7kko1wir19j97l8.jpg
Bjorn is that a custom built Judson? It is ginormous! I've not seen one like it. Nice setup by the way. :cool:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Well, now that Les left, we would benefit from another builder.
He should join here.

Jim P. vouched that Marty is not an idiot.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You can fool some of the people some of the time. You can fool others all of the time. Some people are fools some of the time. Others are fools all of the time.

What time is it? I got lost some where. Uhhh never you mind! :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom