Since A Few Members Here Think My Van's Rough...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
How about an "Ugliest Van" contest? Doesn't matter if you are a successful, everyday cleaner. If your van is kinda.....ugly, post a pic. Don't be embarrassed. I think I'm number one on list, so far.

gen3.jpg

gen2.jpg

gen1.jpg

gen4.jpg

And my congrats to you guys that can keep your vans looking like new!

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
rwcarpet said:
How about an "Ugliest Van" contest? Doesn't matter if you are a successful, everyday cleaner. If your van is kinda.....ugly, post a pic. Don't be embarrassed. I think I'm number one on list, so far.

gen3.jpg

gen2.jpg

gen1.jpg

gen4.jpg

And my congrats to you guys that can keep your vans looking like new!

:lol: I love it! Lets see some more pics.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Jimmy L said:
Looks good enough to clean apartments.

Hell....to my custys, what's going on inside their homes is what's important, not whether the truck in the drive has some rust, which they probably can't see anyway. What they see and smell is clean, almost dry carpet. Corner guards on their doorways and drop clothes on their hard floors. Booties when needed. No smoke pouring out from the exhaust or overfilled waste tank. No louder than their lawn service mowers that come at 7 in the morning. In most situations, the "business" side of my truck is pointed away from the home I'm cleaning, so they wouldn't see inside unless they walk out and look.

I promise that when I get my next, and probably last new machine, that I will polish and shine every square inch of it.....or hire someone to do it. To you younger guys....that might be a laugh. But at my age, saying "last" machine is kinda finite. Unless you're Gary Heacock and can clean everything with a sprayer, sponge, and towell (no dis-respect, Gary, you've taught me alot about upholstery and textile cleaning), there is an age that you just don't want to do this anymore.

Well, out to clean a few "apartments".

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I helped a local cleaner yesterday fix his float in the hot water box. The shut off hasn't worked in over 6 months he said. It would run a river of water out of his van and down the driveway every job..... :roll: Now that its cold, he was leaving an ice pond on every job.

People do notice when your van is nice and clean. Just because someone doesn't say anything doesn't mean they dont notice.

High end customers do care.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
AdamHale said:
I helped a local cleaner yesterday fix his float in the hot water box. The shut off hasn't worked in over 6 months he said. It would run a river of water out of his van and down the driveway every job..... :roll: Now that its cold, he was leaving an ice pond on every job.

People do notice when your van is nice and clean. Just because someone doesn't say anything doesn't mean they dont notice.

yeah they do notice, I have customers stand next to my unit when I open the doors often times. imagine a customer seeing that van, the question is dude how do you keep from getting all dirty just getting something out of there?? perhaps your already dirty and getting dirtier doesn't show. I also think its a reflection upon the work a guy does. if their van is filthy the work is going to suck too. if I was hiring a guy to clean my house, a guy with one of the cleanest units would be my choice. If they are clean and take care of their equipment they are going to do a good job cleaning my house.

another issue ever thought about your poor supplier having to work on that thing. don't tell me they are not oh shit!!!!!! when they have to get in that van and fix something. not to mention that is too large of a unit for a van that small, and the layout isn't the best either. the truckmount should have been moved forward more and the vac reels all the way to the left as far as they would go.

Name
I'm Rick James
You van is an extension of your marketing.. If you got a filthy van inside and out it gives you a poor company image, you should be under the assumption that all customers will see your marketing on wheels.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
AdamHale said:

Well, I don't have any water running from the van, and I pump the waste water to a sanitary. When I leave a driveway, there is nothing left behind....no puddles, no oil drips.....

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
HPIM0517.jpg

Couldnt make this thing pretty so I sold it now it looks like this
SDC10385.jpg

Some tms just dont stay pretty my tcs machines do 2500 hours and its easy to clean and doesnt rust
HPIM0498.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
Lee Stockwell
Joey no insulation at all?

Robert's van is a battle-hardened veteran of 8 Ohio winters cleaning a heavy workload....look at the hours.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
No lee I need some.. U gonna put some in for me? Ill be there in the morning. Lol I dont know how to

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Connor

Name
Connor
No offense, RW, and this is not a slight on your abilities or business acumen, but that van interior is undoubtedly the ugliest H.O.S. that I've seen.

Vawter, You RIVETED sheet metal on the side of your van? Where'd you get the panels?

I've noticed that when a customer sees my truck neat and tucked, they always make a big deal about it and become serious cheerleaders.

Your vehicle is your storefront. You'd sweep the floor and wash the windows of a retail establishment, a service vehicle is that plus more.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had a local carpenter do mine. I think it was like 1/2" foam sheet he put behind the wood...
020-2.jpg

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I would not be as concerned about the customer you are currently servicing seeing the inside of your van, but the other POTENTIAL customers that may see it as they walk or drive by.
These potential customers only get the negative impression, and you don't have the opportunity to win them over with your good looks, charming personality, and booties.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Vawter, You RIVETED sheet metal on the side of your van? Where'd you get the panels?
of course...looks purty spiffy too ...doesn't it?
that's the second pair of quarter panels i put on that truck....!
i did BOTH sides in an afternoon!

Sherman & Associates Washington Mi makes ANY repop sheetmetal for almost any car.......
you can completly BUILD a 55-56 57 chev wit all brand new parts roof included!

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Before all you beefeaters rip another guys van or equipment...take a look in the mirror. You can have the newest, cleanest van in the world but if you look like a pedophile or are 100 pounds overweight....you may also be sending the wrong signals. If you have a mustache, don't shower EVERY morning before you leave for a job, wear a hat with sweat salt stains, have greasy black hands, wear velcro shoes, or wear shorts so short you show a nut.......you are turning off both current and potential customers as much or more than that pile of crap parked out on the street.

I've been to as many fests and Connections as the next guy and every year the median weight goes up like 30 pounds per cleaner........just an observation.

Connor

Name
Connor
jeff healey said:

Sherman & Associates Washington Mi makes ANY repop sheetmetal for almost any car.......

Did you cut out the old stuff or just go over it?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Connor said:
jeff healey said:

Did you cut out the old stuff or just go over it?

sometimes ya gotta cut a spot or two so the new panel will lay straight and flush....
GHC ConnOr i THOUGHT you had a brain.............
all you need is a drill....1/8 drill bit.....grinder and some good snips and a pop rivet gun....
OHH and use aluminum rivets or you has RUST spots all down the side of yor truck...........

WARNING....this is NOT to be attempted by would be plumbers or other neanderthal types wit a screwdriver and pair of plyers..........

Back
Top Bottom