Solution Hose New Year Sale

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
BlueSolution.jpg
Ringing in 2018 with a Great Sale on our new TM Solution Hose.
Flexible 1/4" ID, lightweight thermoplastic, Blue, and 250 Degree Temp rating. Retains TM heat; not kinky like the Parflex according to several customers. 3000 PSI rated, and durable polyurethane cover which won't burn like rubber. Sales starts on New Years Eve 12/31/17. . Click below to see sale pricing
{avg. discount over 10%} .

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index...t&search_in_description=1&keyword=blue+polyur

Last edited:
Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Larry, have you tested to see how much more heat it retains than the standard hose?

The reason I'm asking is because, if I buy it soon, I'll be buying 150ft, instead of 100ft like my normal length that hooks up to my wand, and I'd like to make sure that I'm not losing any heat from using 50ft more.

F

FB7777

Anyone else have a problem with the blue dye releasing onto the carpet?

Didnt happen often but I stopped using it and went to grey from Windtrax

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

We never had issues from the Goodyear or Paraflex. I think it was Gates pressure wash hose that some preconditions broke down the dye and would leave blue coloring.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs

I don't recall having that happen with thermoplastic hose but it has with Goodyear rubber hose.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I have had it happen with new goodyear Neptune 3000. Might be because of solvent boosters in the prespray. It rinsed out. Good prices Larry, I wish you were in my neighborhood. I like the fact that you can buy a 150 foot length.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Matt Wood said: ↑
As always...your results are opposite of mine
What were your results? I got 4 years out of mine until a tragic Black Death end.

I've had the same 100' lead parker hose for 4+ years.

Got some of Larrys new "blue" hose couple of weeks ago, it seems amazingly light in weight. Added bonus - it looks kick arse. Really, the blue I got isn't like the blue on parker or steel braid. It's more like a motor boat with speckles blue. And it somewhat transparent - you can see the coils inside the hose. Very cool.

I'd go take a photo... But it's flipping -5 out... wtf.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry, have you tested to see how much more heat it retains than the standard hose?
The reason I'm asking is because, if I buy it soon, I'll be buying 150ft, instead of 100ft like my normal length that hooks up to my wand, and I'd like to make sure that I'm not losing any heat from using 50ft more.

This hose has ~33% of the heat loss of rubber/wire braid. You also lose less heat from having less brass quick-connects.

The outer cover is clear polyurethane, which will not mark (photo below),
and is 4 times more abrasion-resistant than rubber covers.

The outer diameter is slightly less, which does allow more hose on a given reel.
Our 7" wide by 24" solution reel holds 225 ft. of this hose.

Mikey, I'll donate 100 ft. to your testing,
& the Ronald McDonald House charity in Vegas.
BlueSolution1.jpg Clear Urethane Cover w/braid

P.S. Ron; With the light weight, I think we could mail to Canada.

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Lyman:
Here is a response from a New England Butler user Kevin Dineen here on this board:

" I have been using Larry's new thermoplastic solution hose with my high heat Butler. I use Butler's live solution reel that coils the hose tight. The hose lays flat even on these cool New England mornings. If Larry's new hose holds up as well as the Parker Parflex that I have used for years, it will be another board favorite."

Goodyear Neptune, OR, Parker Paraflex?

Also, the hose does have a 3 month warranty from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
I have had it happen with new goodyear Neptune 3000. Might be because of solvent boosters in the prespray. It rinsed out. Good prices Larry, I wish you were in my neighborhood. I like the fact that you can buy a 150 foot length.
Iv'e gotten 150 foot lengths from Cobb's and they have always been perfect as ordered.

Mikey P

Administrator
This hose has ~33% of the heat loss of rubber/wire braid. You also lose less heat from having less brass quick-connects.

The outer diameter is slightly less, which does allow more hose on a given reel.

View attachment 76672 Clear Urethane Cover w/braid

Awesome Larry, please send it asap to NV with a Bob Foster tough valve and your fave QC

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Happy New Year . . . 2018 Begins . . .

Will send 100 ft. hose donation Tuesday, with Shut-off valve and QC's.

This is a photo I took of the cover separated from the dense braid
& inner chemical resistant white tube:

BlueSolution2.jpg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

View attachment 76672 Clear Urethane Cover w/braid

I'll give it some thought Larry. Problem is always the exchange. $212 becomes $275 here even before the shipping. I may put together an order with some other things you carry. I am interested in your reduce all and other color removing agents. Money's always tight this time of year but i'll see what I can do.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Larry also let me demo this hose and up to now it has been good, but I only have 25 or so hours on the hose so I am not ready to make the final determination on the hose overall.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I wonder if Goodyear can make a solution line with a clear tube or atleast white rubber so that when it does burst, it wont seem as bad.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wonder if Goodyear can make a solution line with a clear tube or atleast white rubber so that when it does burst, it wont seem as bad.
If the quality of Goodyear's hoses stays the same as their tires:cry:, then they won't update their hose

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I replaced a line, on my old tm, from my heat exchanger to the regulator with a teflon coated line because the old line would spit black, from getting toooo hot, back into my fresh tank. Only problem with the teflon coated, according to the guy, is it was not flexible enough to use as a solution line and it was expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom