Steam Action Truckmount issues- split

Mikey P

Administrator
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want it repaired...Again. When does it stop? How long is the warranty?

At some point its only reasonable to say it's over. However after what has happened to this unit, is that reasonable statement?

If he were to take it down there what's the plan? Complete swap out of units? All components? Or Fix it again and cross your fingers.

Mike if this had happened to you, what would you be satisfied with? You know machines, you saw the pictures of melted wiring and knobs. Do think its longevity has been shortened to any degree?

If that happened to me, I would have brought that truck back ASAP they fix it or give me a new one.

Reactions: FB7777

Mikey P

Administrator
Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want it repaired...Again. When does it stop? How long is the warranty?

At some point its only reasonable to say it's over. However after what has happened to this unit, is that reasonable statement?

If he were to take it down there what's the plan? Complete swap out of units? All components? Or Fix it again and cross your fingers.

Mike if this had happened to you, what would you be satisfied with? You know machines, you saw the pictures of melted wiring and knobs. Do think its longevity has been shortened to any degree?

To be perfectly clear and forthright oh, Sammy sales paid $1,000 to be at the event and that money I traded hands long before the Scott happened.

Anybody who wants to imply that I would sell out Scott for $1,000 can you kiss my ass.

And I just want to ask Scott right here, why did you not take the truck back after all these issues?

If your answer is you were too busy or is too far, that's complete bulshit you could have paid somebody $500 to drive that thing down there plus an airline ticket to get home.

If anybody here thinks Sammy would have said no we're not going to fix that we already sold it to you, you just jumping on a Davey and Goliath smear campaign.

Jim Jeter has been talking to both parties for long before the Fest and I got to ask you in the comment here.

And before Lee Stockwell chimes in with more cute euphemisms be aware that Tim is also a JW.

I'm not saying Sammy is innocent here, but Scott is far from guilt-free.

Name
Tim Yeater
To be perfectly clear and forthright oh, Sammy sales paid $1,000 to be at the event and that money I traded hands long before the Scott happened.

Anybody who wants to imply that I would sell out Scott for $1,000 can you kiss my ass.

And I just want to ask Scott right here, why did you not take the truck back after all these issues?

If your answer is you were too busy or is too far, that's complete bulshit you could have paid somebody $500 to drive that thing down there plus an airline ticket to get home.

If anybody here thinks Sammy would have said no we're not going to fix that we already sold it to you, you just jumping on a Davey and Goliath smear campaign.

Jim Jeter has been talking to both parties for long before the Fest and I got to ask you in the comment here.

And before Lee Stockwell chimes in with more cute euphemisms be aware that Tim is also a JW.

I'm not saying Sammy is innocent here, but Scott is far from guilt-free.
Well after spending 3 days with Sammy he'll openly admit he's not perfect
And after discussing with him the situation he seems very reasonable he would like a diagnostic process performed and yes it's inconvenient to take it to a place to get the diagnostic work done

Both him and I believe that is a catalytic issue It would be easy to test with some simple diagnostic tools and mechanical skill

I think both sides have heightened emotions involved and need to set that aside and just work toward a completion where the machine will be repaired
No machine will ever be perfect They're all made by men

Just think of the Ford 6 l It was an imperfect machine had a ton of issues no one got a free truck No one got a refund for the truck but the truck stayed running a long time after the repairs were completed Sometimes things need sorted out.

Nothing is ever perfect Let it get fixed

Name
Tim Yeater

No it can definitely get repaired 100%. Those kubota's motors are used on thousands of variations of pieces of equipment.

There is a diagnostic method to tell what catalytic overload would be the simplest drilling and tapping a couple of holes and installing a gauge once that's been diagnosed you'll know

If there's an over fueling issue the catalytic converter can go bad causing excessive heat

And if it requires a new motor so be it That's what it requires It's not an impossible thing to be fixed

I mean holy cow it's a truck mount Not the lunar shuttle one time used device It can be repaired

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If that happened to me, I would have brought that truck back ASAP they fix it or give me a new one.
I would also, but beyond the so called "fix" what then?

My biggest concern is longevity? It was brand new before the heat incident. What damage could it have done to the life of it?

Is the vacuum and pressure pump still under warranty? Did the incident diminish that too?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No it can definitely get repaired 100%. Those kubota's motors are used on thousands of variations of pieces of equipment.

There is a diagnostic method to tell what catalytic overload would be the simplest drilling and tapping a couple of holes and installing a gauge once that's been diagnosed you'll know

If there's an over fueling issue the catalytic converter can go bad causing excessive heat

And if it requires a new motor so be it That's what it requires It's not an impossible thing to be fixed

I mean holy cow it's a truck mount Not the lunar shuttle one time used device It can be repaired
Couldn't they just swap Scott a new one. Fix the damaged one, sell it as a demo and everyone be happy?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've owned dozens of TM's, several different brands over decades. But never, ever have I seen one melt everything like it did on this unit.

Maybe your experiences have been different and you've seen this and the unit went on to work a long life. I personally have no experience with it, so maybe I'm overly concerned.???

Last edited:
Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Tim Yeater
Couldn't they just swap Scott a new one. Fix the damaged one, sell it as a demo and everyone be happy?
That would be up to the warranty provider.
I know a lot of people that want a new six liter trucks just didn't have happen.
They got repaired vehicles that were in functioning condition
And when it broke again it was the warranty provider's job to repair it again following their standard

Name
Tim Yeater
I've owned dozens of TM's, several different brands over decades. I've never had I have NEVER seen one melt everything like it did this unit.

Maybe your experiences have been different and you've seen this and the unit went on to work a long life. I personally have no experience with it and so maybe I'm overly concerned.???
I have seen where catalytic converters have created excessive heat in cars to where it would actually melt the carpet in the center console in the car This is not an unheard of issue but if you refuse to take it to be looked at or repaired by someone qualified then you'll continue to have the issue.

I'm not saying that there's not something wrong I'm saying it means repaired

Oh and by the way those cars the melted center council and carpet got it fixed new paint new council new carpet

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have seen where catalytic converters have created excessive heat in cars to where it would actually melt the carpet in the center console in the car This is not an unheard of issue but if you refuse to take it to be looked at or repaired by someone qualified then you'll continue to have the issue.

I'm not saying that there's not something wrong I'm saying it means repaired

Oh and by the way those cars the melted center council and carpet got it fixed new paint new council new carpet
I heard Steam Action sent someone up to Scott to fix it already once. Now you're suggesting a second time. Is there going to a third a fourth. I believe swapping out would be the best way to resolve the issue.

Name
Tim Yeater
I heard Steam Action sent someone up to Scott to fix it already once. Now you're suggesting a second time. Is there going to a third a fourth. I believe swapping out would be the best way to resolve the issue.
Well obviously it wasn't fixed or something else broke It happens
I'm just playing devil's advocate.

And a swap out is in is always simple as you guys make it sound it never happens with large equipment you don't go to a bobcat dealer and say hey I want a different bobcat they laugh at you.

Or a Kubota dealer get a tractor have an issue and say I just want a different one once again they'll laugh even if the exhaust is glowing and it's melting stuff

Also have you ever heard of John Donne to swapping out a truck mount What about a amsco

Once again not picking a fight 🙈

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator

They tested it for a few minutes in his living room with whatever tools he traveled with and spare parts.

That machine needs to sit at steamaction and ran and cycled and ran and cycle and every single part that's affected needs to be replaced, that includes the motor, but that can't happen in Scott's driveway.

I just want to know why Scott won't let them have that van, with no employees he can certainly get by with the other vans at this point.

Name
Tim Yeater
They tested it for a few minutes in his living room with whatever tools he traveled with and spare parts.

That machine needs to sit at steamaction and ran and cycled and ran and cycle and every single part that's affected needs to be replaced, that includes the motor, but that can't happen in Scott's driveway.

I just want to know why Scott won't let them have that van, with no employees he can certainly get by with the other vans at this point.
I do agree that the machine needs a complete shakedown at steam action actually taken out in the field and worked.

If I was working on it I would take it and run it I remember it was a common complaint when you would do a major repair on a machine that you put several hundred miles shaking down a car

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Several years ago I bought my wife a small riding mower for around $2k. Nothing industrial but something she could cut around the house with.

Had it two weeks the second time it was used a clutch pulley failed and bent. I called for repair and they sent a tech 10 days later.

He saw what happened and said he would order the new part. He said the parts would be shipped to me in 3-days. However he wasn't able to get back to install the parts for 3- weeks.

I loaded it up and took it back. The manager asked why I was returning it and I told him I bought it to use it. This machine had 3-hours on it when it broke and you want me to wait 6- weeks to use it again? He wasn't happy but took it back.

$2k mower. This tm was no minor purchase and while your references to other industries is interesting, I don't see how it has any real bearing on the situation Scott is in.

If as you mentioned other TM sellers are going to react in like kind to Steam Action, then I would have to let the courts decide the resolution and learn to live with the outcome.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sorry pepitizer can't repair It needs a mechanic

thanks Tim.
Being a gearhED kind of guy, the gear and equipment is always a good part of these events. (and watching drunks in the evening is always good sport too )
I'm just a tad surprised we haven't seen more of the sponsors' wares .
Maybe it's coming ??

I am curious though, now that you've involved yourself in SA vs Scott, thing.
Do you have a relationship with SA, casual or biz?
(not suggesting or implying there's anything wrong with that, just curious now)

Having spent better than 20 years slogging a wand in a previous life, I tend to sympathize with the O/op.
Though admittedly, I don't know both sides of the story, I'd surely have longevity concerns on a piece of equipment that got "that" hot.

..L.T.A.

Name
Tim Yeater
thanks Tim.
Being a gearhED kind of guy, the gear and equipment is always a good part of these events. (and watching drunks in the evening is always good sport too )
I'm just a tad surprised we haven't seen more of the sponsors' wares .
Maybe it's coming ??

I am curious though, now that you've involved yourself in SA vs Scott, thing.
Do you have a relationship with SA, casual or biz?
(not suggesting or implying there's anything wrong with that, just curious now)

Having spent better than 20 years slogging a wand in a previous life, I tend to sympathize with the O/op.
Though admittedly, I don't know both sides of the story, I'd surely have longevity concerns on a piece of equipment that got "that" hot.

..L.T.A.
Well man frankly I got involved because I care about people and I wanted to make sure that a resolution could be made.
I also believe it is unfair without hearing both sides to take one side or the other.
And no I don't have a business relationship with steam action or Sammy.

I do consider myself to be some one that cares about Sam now

Just like I'm someone that cares about Scott..
I started Getting in the middle of this to try to help

Sometimes for something like this to get resolved it needs a person to put themselves out there.

Reactions: Dolly Llama
F

FB7777

THAT…. is the $80k question

Why didn’t Scott just bring it back To give them an opportunity to test and repair?

this should have been the first and final solution to this bitch fest

Just because you paid someone for something doesn’t mean they are beholden to kiss your a$$

you gotta work together to get resolution

Scott wants a working truckmount and SteamAction definitely doesn’t want this mount burning up in someone’s driveway

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom