Steam Action Truckmount issues- split

Name
Tim Yeater
THAT…. is the $80k question

Why didn’t Scott just bring it back To give them an opportunity to test and repair?

this should have been the first and final solution to this bitch fest

Just because you paid someone for something doesn’t mean they are beholden to kiss your a$$

you gotta work together to get resolution

Scott wants a working truckmount and SteamAction definitely doesn’t want this mount burning up in someone’s driveway
Exactly man 100% spot on!!!!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Scott didn't start making noise publicly right away. He tried dealing directly with SA and they did fix several things. He kept having problems and they flew someone down to fix it again. By this time, you can imagine how frustrated Scott is with an $85,000 boat anchor and he doesn't even own a boat. Yes, Scott should deliver it back to Sammy and let them work it out. Who pays for that? Let's say Scott does that, the machine is repaired then it breaks down again. Keep in mind, this is not a machine in Steam Actions regular line up. It's a one of a kind. Did Scott know this when he bought it? This saga hurts both their reputations and it needs to be resolved. Both parties need to swallow their butthurt pride and take the right steps.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
By this time, you can imagine how frustrated Scott is with an $85,000

where's the $85k figure come from?
did he buy a whole package w/new van included?
or just TM?

and I still have to burn vacation time.
trip down south would allow me to toss some PBR bottles in some of those southern bumkin yards

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Scott didn't start making noise publicly right away. He tried dealing directly with SA and they did fix several things. He kept having problems and they flew someone down to fix it again. By this time, you can imagine how frustrated Scott is with an $85,000 boat anchor and he doesn't even own a boat. Yes, Scott should deliver it back to Sammy and let them work it out. Who pays for that? Let's say Scott does that, the machine is repaired then it breaks down again. Keep in mind, this is not a machine in Steam Actions regular line up. It's a one of a kind. Did Scott know this when he bought it? This saga hurts both their reputations and it needs to be resolved. Both parties need to swallow their butthurt pride and take the right steps.
In Kansas there is a Lemon Law for vehicles. Return it for repairs too many times or it be out of service for x number of days and you get "like kind".

I don't believe they mean another over heating unit, but one that hasn't been cooked.

It only seems reasonable that if after repeated attempts that some more thorough measures need to be exercised.

Screenshot_20211101-120305_Google.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
The unit needs to go back, plain and simple

Motor needs to be gone over.

Pump and blower are fine, IM sure

All hoses, the HX and wires should be replace, if they haven't been by now.

Non distributor machine do not give the luxury of a local retailer to help you out when shit goes wrong.

Scott bought this machine having done due diligence on Steam Action's reputation, I would assume. I have never heard of them having chronic issues or poor customer service, have any of you?

and stfu up Larry, you sound like an idiot with your threats to right a wrong that you have no f'n clue about.

and Scott, don't be surprised if no other manufacturer wants to sell you unit at this point. Yes, they are watching, so make it right, now.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
and stfu up Larry, you sound like an idiot with your threats to right a wrong that you have no f'n clue about.

easy there, cowboy
AT THIS POINT....I'm genuinely offering assistance to both .

I really do have vacation hours I need to burn.
and I like road trips...fo-reel

$500 and gas down there get's it delivered.
I'll rent my own car at my expense and go where, come home how/when I want

I'd be all smiles there and back , fo-reel

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The unit needs to go back, plain and simple

Motor needs to be gone over.

Pump and blower are fine, IM sure

All hoses, the HX and wires should be replace, if they haven't been by now.

Non distributor machine do not give the luxury of a local retailer to help you out when shit goes wrong.

Scott bought this machine having done due diligence on Steam Action's reputation, I would assume. I have never heard of them having chronic issues or poor customer service, have any of you?

and Scott, don't be surprised if no other manufacturer wants to sell you unit at this point. Yes, they are watching, so make it right, now.
Never with the new units Sam is building but with JK Sales I heard about units that had problems staying running once hot. My distributor called for diagrams and there were none. He explained the issue and wanted to speak to a tech or someone who he could get some answers from. There was no staff, John instead asked how old the unit was and told him they should just buy a new one. At the time, they built as they sold them. Each were a little different depending on who actually put it together.

I know my distributor was frustrated at the lack of support available to get the unit running. Over the years he saw several units of theirs and was always pulling his hair out over them. He was a glutton for punishment. He was used to the big brands, looking up a part, checking a wiring or solution flow diagram. This was no where near the same.

The story I've heard lately is things have changed. Maybe???

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
easy there, cowboy
AT THIS POINT....I'm genuinely offering assistance to both .

I really do have vacation hours I need to burn.
and I like road trips...fo-reel

$500 and gas down there get's it delivered.
I'll rent my own car at my expense and go where, come home how/when I want

I'd be all smiles there and back , fo-reel

..L.T.A.
Stop by if you really do drive it. I'll buy you lunch if you come a little further.

Chris A

Name
Chris
It's not like Steam Action had a stellar reputation for quality when John was still in charge, "no 2 ever alike" I believe was the unofficial slogan. This gives me flashbacks of my pro1200 debacle...

Reactions: hogjowl
F

FB7777

I’d like to unpack that $85k figure

did the unit really cost between $45 / 50k?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
tag-a-long to Mr Buffet's question...that I'm still not clear on.

was this an $85k turn key package?
as in dealer delivered new van to SA and they installed unit, reels, hoses, shelves, et al.

Sign papers and drive away to the first job?

Not that it makes any difference, just curious.
donno what inflation has done currently, but 6-7 years ago, $85k got a kickazz loaded carpet wagon.

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

tag-a-long to Mr Buffet's question...that I'm still not clear on.

was this an $85k turn key package?
as in dealer delivered new van to SA and they installed unit, reels, hoses, shelves, et al.

Sign papers and drive away to the first job?

Not that it makes any difference, just curious.
donno what inflation has done currently, but 6-7 years ago, $85k got a kickazz loaded carpet wagon.

..L.T.A.
I got a fully decked out Butler tm for $65k 2.5 years ago

why did howdy doody buy a 3 wand monster

F

FB7777

That sounds like a great deal. Brand new van?
2018 Brand new

Butler mid mount tanks
Electric reel
Max blower and Max heat

of course now the price has jumped to roughly $75k for the same thing

if I wanted or more appropriately NEEDED a monster mount , I would put it in a Box truck

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom