The CRB/Tom Wand fad is wrong.

F

FB7777

how does a pulse dampener effect PSI?
he could remove the dampener and screw a plug in the hole temporarily to find out if that's it, no??

I'd do that before I let Butler hose me on their price for a dampener

..L.T.A.

I’m picking up a new unit in 12 days and they only warranty the chem system for 90 days Probably why Hagopian uses a different one on their fleet

Attachments

• 184E0555-0237-4D40-9831-C79013D4B5C3.png
    184E0555-0237-4D40-9831-C79013D4B5C3.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 189
F

FB7777

They seem to be pretty resistant to change. Couldn't they just drive the system off a pump cylinder like PC does?
I wonder if it's reliability has something to do with gravity fed fresh water tank? Does any other system not have a demand pump?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Butler Chem systems just like PC actually

Stainless steel block.

Set of Plunger and plastic disc and some check valves and o rings.

Simple to work on actually

I can swap out a rubber diaphram on site easy peasy.... And shoot a video 😁

Reactions: Matt B

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
There's no comparison. My Butler is limping right now with a pulse in the line and I can't draw rinse at all. I have a pulsation dampener that will be delivered tomorrow that will hopefully clear it up.

I had a problem just like that and it was a tiny sliver of brass from a threaded connector got logged in one of the cat pump check valves and would not close.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Them flood jets were a bitch to unplug

Until I got smart and cranked it up to 1500 psi

After removing the jets, I use a beading needle to unclog the jets from the inside when high PSI wont work. beading needle are smaller then sewing needles.

Name
jack zerkie
Most systems require water in all hoses. When your solution tank is empty your system will spike and slow the water flow. Once the tank is full and bled no problem with pressure and flow. Very simple system but very important to flow properly. jz.

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
Good luck Russ... I've spent thousands over the years trying to get the Chem meter system operating correctly on our Butlers....

Only to have them crap out again within a few months

I shut the ball valves and take it out of the equation... clear water rinse only

I had the exact same problem with both of my Butler units. I do clear water rinse and it solved the problem.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
After removing the jets, I use a beading needle to unclog the jets from the inside when high PSI wont work. beading needle are smaller then sewing needles.
welding tip cleaner tool works well too

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
been saying since then too

the guys that advocate fresh water rinse..DON'T have a reliable working chem pump

..L.T.A.
Agreed Larry. I want to leverage EVERY advantage while in a custys home. Other than faulty chem systems I can’t think of any reason not to be running a rinse.

This thing is frustrating. I wear all the hats in my biz and when it’s time for me to put my mechanic hat on, I get a bit salty.

I haven’t even called Butler in a couple days because I need a break and it’s been too cold in IA to be messing around!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom