What is your 10 year vision?

Mikey P

Administrator
Where will you be living, doing for a living, not doing for a living, living with, living on, living without or?

Asked me those questions back in 1997 and I would have got most wrong...

:oldrolleyes:

20130719_204006_zps12e4cf26.jpg

many of you will be HERE in ten years so go ahead and make your predictions, and we'll look back and laugh together..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fook I'll just be happy to be alive in 10-years. I've lost 3-HS classmates in the last two months. :eekk:

Probably doing the same, as I do now. I'm too in debt to retire and really this is what I like to do. I'd be bored in a few days if I retired.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
#1 is winters in florida, can't stand the winter anymore.

ps. Mikey won an award by mikeysboard at mikeysfest, anyone else see a pattern here :p.

Mikey P

Administrator
we had a vote on all sorts of categories Shane.

I could not help but winning two of them.

I think you may be playing it too safe here. If you let a little of your ***-holeness out your Hot Seat may have seen more action..

I hereby give you full permission to stalk and berate Merty at your leisure.

Mikey P

Administrator
Fred wants me to trade you to Cooper for Brevik.

we had a long discussion on who really brings more to a forum..

I think I won the argument in your favor.

four years ago before his cleaning biz took a hit and he went into manufacturing to pay his Xanax bills he would have won.

his assholness put yours to shame.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I feel like I have to place my hand over my asshole before coming here .... every time.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
we had a vote on all sorts of categories Shane.

I could not help but winning two of them.

I think you may be playing it too safe here. If you let a little of your ***-holeness out your Hot Seat may have seen more action..

I hereby give you full permission to stalk and berate Merty at your leisure.

Yes but did you ever receive one of these?

True i am pretty PC these days but just became sick of people messing with my websites and costing me real money, plus 5-6 deadbeats stalking me everyday.
Not worth it....

2013CrystalSizedBluepnglgccDB8-XPZ8-ELBB_zpsb5e56ff7.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
You don't actually have to share practical or personal information to be considered a guru, ya know?

All you need to do is consistently add PS's to every post.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Fred wants me to trade you to Cooper for Brevik.

we had a long discussion on who really brings more to a forum..

I think I won the argument in your favor.

four years ago before his cleaning biz took a hit and he went into manufacturing to pay his Xanax bills he would have won.

his assholness put yours to shame.
I like Terry he's a good guy, we don't agree on everything but he's still cool. Marty is funny and I enjoy his humor, he fits in well here.

P.S. He's way sharper than he lets people know. (threw in the ps so now I is uhhh guru too :icon_rolleyes:)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Taco:

Don't think I haven't noticed that you thow out a bone of a compliment once amoung every 1000 or so personal insults.

It's working though.

So, carry on .... buttwad.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

EDS

Name
Ed
I will be living in a city that I want to live in rather than the city I can afford to live in. I will have a multi truck operation (4-5) and pulling my hair out over management issues. Business will diversify into restoration work and different type of flooring installs. Will be sure not to be to many things to too many people.

Goal is partial retirement by 50 (kinda feels like that now though since I only work a hand full of days in the week- that will change).

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
in 10 years from now, I will be doing what I do now, except less carpet cleaning and more playing. Five more years until I start collecting my pension from FedEx Express. I will stay cleaning carpets but more part time.

Name
Ron lippold
Hell I should have been dead ten years ago or more, so every day I wake up breathing and able to do what I love I will keep going.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hopefully the kids will be running the business more in the next 4-5 years and I will be able to at least spend some winter time in warmer climates! Planning to take about 3 weeks in January to spend in Florida again this winter when things are a bit slower and the guys can run it. Beautiful thing about technology these days is you can run the business from anywhere it seems.

Most everything I have should be paid for in 4 years....been paying extra on everything to reach that goal. Hope we can maintain and accomplish this goal.

We are meeting with our lawyer to make future plans to transition the business more to the kids. Be involved a bit to help them, but be able to give up the reins when the time comes.

I still like being on a van, so we will see when they want to kick me off of one of them....not going down without a fight :)

It's some of the only exercise I seem to get...LOL.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I want the house paid off
I want a lake home paid for
I would like to be totally turn key.
I want to be a leading cleaning and restoration company in Indy.
I would like to be in the middle of a 5 year transition to my son leading the company.
I would like to spend most of my time consulting and helping new starts get going.
I want to spend 8-10 weeks per year traveling.
Working 3-4 day weeks.
I don't plan on retiring just choosing what I will do.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
1) Debt free! This means I can’t buy another business and Wendell can’t buy another farm\ranch.
2) Fishing or water skiing because I don’t have time to do this EVER! But then again, that would require our lakes to water in them, so that’s the real reason I don’t.
3) Owner financing my businesses to some young couple(s) that wants to live in this hell hole.
4) Spending the summers in a cooler, more attractive environment.
5) Playing with grandchildren.
6) Not worried about drought 24\7.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
In ten years, my reach for the stars goal is to have less spelling mistakes in my MB posts. My wife has been working on it dilligently for the last 27 :winky:

I'd like Marty to finally find peace of mind. That is the magic bullet pre spray/truckmount/? - it's his search for the carpet cleaning holy grail.

I'd like Richard to work as much as he posts. Or is it the other way around?

And generally speaking, nirvana (and not the silly one Fred linked to), enlightenment, wisdom, all of the above, whichever if ever comes first will be just honkey dory with me.

P.S. Damn, Amy. It sounds like deep at heart you's a California girl.
And yes! There is life after Texas :razz:

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd like Richard to work as much as he posts. Or is it the other way around?
:eekk:

Hey now! :biggrin:

The last two weeks I have worked more than posted!
Being short staffed due to a large Mold Remediation project, the last two weeks I've caught the add on's and emergency calls.

I did a WDR loss yesterday 1.5 hours away from Topeka (love the Rover) and when I got back I helped them loading a truck that is drying a gym floor 2-hours away. 7AM - 7PM I was born for this stuff! :winky:

Central Kansas got 8-inches of rain Monday night, I wish we had got it but it's probably better we didn't, we have to finish the mold job first.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
8-INCHES. They said in rained 8-inches in two hours, the water came in so fast and so hard it pushed the gym doors open and the rain water went right on to their 1-year old floor. They were just sick that the floor got wet, hopefully we can save before it buckles completely.

Back
Top Bottom