Whats more important?

Chris A

Name
Chris
For the premium cleaner, from a clients perspective. Pre-vac, or rotary extraction? If you had to choose one over the other, which would you choose and why? (Werner I already know your answer.)

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Rotary extraction. The client doesn't see vacuuming as very valuable because they can do it themselves. However a rotary extraction tool is impressive and not equipment they can buy or rent.

Take care,
Lisa

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I'd say both are great ways to impress your customer. That said, the most important thing in my opinion is that someone they can trust in their home, around their family, etc. is doing the work and doing it well. Just my $0.03 (inflation)...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At the risk of pissing Lisa off I disagree. :p

We get plenty of questions whether we will vacuum or not because the last company didn't.

Not once have they ever asked if we use RX, Powerglide, Drymaster or Rotovac. I've had competition that's asked that but not a client.

I think the vacuuming is for them (removing the dry soil) and the powerhead (less strenuous) is for you.

I'd do both!

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Lee Stockwell said:
Can I use "bah humbug!"??

Just for you Lee!

Grinch20.jpg

Kidding... You still save 20% by slipping Santa a ruphie and all 9 of the the Reindeer a bunch of laxatives... Use coupon code: " Bah!Humbug! " and ride off in a 1 horse open sleigh! Just watch for falling reindeer poo!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
the most important thing in my opinion is that someone they can trust in their home, around their family, etc. is doing the work and doing it well. Just my $0.03 (inflation)...

This in my opinion and expeience is all they care about or really want to know about- everything else is just gobbledeegook to the client.

Ken
Ps The only people that should be asked these types of questions are clients or prospects, but asked in a way that doesn't lead them to answers you have preconcieved notions about. I think everyone would be amazed how little clients or prospects care about the how or what of cleaning they just want it done with trust and confidence.

Connor

Name
Connor
I think............explaining your process is most important.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
the most important thing in my opinion is that someone they can trust in their home, around their family, etc. is doing the work and doing it well. Just my $0.03 (inflation)...

This in my opinion and expeience is all they care about or really want to know about- everything else is just gobbledeegook to the client.

Ken
Ps The only people that should be asked these types of questions are clients or prospects, but asked in a way that doesn't lead them to answers you have preconcieved notions about. I think everyone would be amazed how little clients or prospects care about the how or what of cleaning they just want it done with trust and confidence.

Yeah, I know Im just gauging the responses.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:

Ken

That's what I say.

But to answer the question...Vacuuming is most important....Like Chavez said.

Sometimes doing what the customer can do on thier own is more of luxury then something they can't....and more value because of it.

K P

Lloyd Dobler said:
At the risk of pissing Lisa off I disagree. :p

We get plenty of questions whether we will vacuum or not because the last company didn't.

Not once have they ever asked if we use RX, Powerglide, Drymaster or Rotovac. I've had competition that's asked that but not a client.

I think the vacuuming is for them (removing the dry soil) and the powerhead (less strenuous) is for you.

I'd do both!

Well at the risk of offending Chavez...I think you got some bad fish tacos:)almost noone outside the cleaning industry knows what a rotary even is so like Lisa said,"they can vacuum themselves", just like sealing tile,but they cannot clean like a professional.I am starting to think most of your "can you vacuum" request,come from those full figured Kansas beauties.(Gibert Grapes Mom)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
So you show up using a housewife special POS Dyson or POS Bissel.

How does that help you look more professional?

Chris Adkins said:
For the premium cleaner, from a clients perspective. Pre-vac, or rotary extraction? If you had to choose one over the other, which would you choose and why? (Werner I already know your answer.)

To answer your question NEITHER.

The guy that shows up with help, moves more stuff around, and blocks/tabs more furniture will get noticed for doing a much better job than someone that vacuums for hours or uses a rotary that will not clean close to baseboards, doesn't clean corners, can't get into tight areas or closets, and leaves swirly marks.

When I do vacuum, scrub, and do lots of dry stroking it almost never gets as much praise as moving a dresser or two.

That's just the way it is.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I almost never move furniture, at the clients request. Family rooms on occasion but almost NEVER bedrooms etc.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Chris Adkins said:

That is just a guess Chris!
A learned one, however still a guess.

By this day and time, Ron may have gotten religion and moved to Robison's dark side. :shock:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I might have said the rotary if it weren't for a client this morning.
She had just vacuumed before I got there and the carpet looked ready to go....

and I almost skipped the vacuuming and went straight to prespray-scrub-rinse, being influenced from the board too much :roll:
But she mentioned dog hair, so I vacuumed. Do you want to see the picture?
She was amazed at what came out, and REALLY glad that I prevacuumed.

IMO if you going to run a rotary you can skip the prescrub but don't skip the prevac.
Impress them with both that way 8)

Mikey P

Administrator
Good evening, welcome to Ruth Chris Steak House, you have a choice tonight, would you like a napkin or a fork with your dinner?

lance

Pre-vac with an explanation why (I use the same vacuum as Ron) and then scrubbing the traffic lanes will probably get you noticed the most. But getting the carpet dry and clean is the best way.

Moving furniture is a good one too, especially in living and family rooms. It shows that you are willing to take a little more time to do a better job than the last cleaner.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mikey P said:
Good evening, welcome to Ruth Chris Steak House, you have a choice tonight, would you like a napkin or a fork with your dinner?

dick... shiteatinggrin

K P

Moving furniture is a good one too, especially in living and family rooms. It shows that you are willing to take a little more time to do a better job than the last cleaner.

I will disagree with this statement,it shows that you are a gung ho newby fresh off the SS bus and because of guys like this I now have to explain to people that they dialed a carpet cleaner,not a mover.Dont mind moving within reason.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well at the risk of offending Chavez...I think you got some bad fish tacos:)almost noone outside the cleaning industry knows what a rotary even is so like Lisa said,"they can vacuum themselves", just like sealing tile,but they cannot clean like a professional.I am starting to think most of your "can you vacuum" request,come from those full figured Kansas beauties.(Gibert Grapes Mom)
If the preminum client doesn't know what it is, how are they going to place a value on it? If it makes such a dramatic difference in the end product why do so few cleaners use them?

I think the biggest value with a rotary is there is less fatigue and so you can process more jobs. It's an equalizer for the aging process, one that can extend your cleaning life.

Oh and you can shove the fish taco... side ways!

Connor

Name
Connor
Mikey P said:

What were you doing in a steak house?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
good point!

Lloyd Dobler said:
If it makes such a dramatic difference in the end product why do so few cleaners use them?
The premium cleaner will do things that do make a difference in the "clean" but may not be as apparent in the visual. The other cleaners do the minimum they can to "satisfy the client" sufficiently enough to justify getting paid rather than kicked out the door.

I was called to this client by accident, she dialed my number which was below the company she was going to call. NOW she KNOWS there is a difference in cleaners although she was satisfied enough with the other cleaner to want to call them again a year later. BTW she's Russ Courtnall's mom, for you hockey fans.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The premium cleaner will do things that do make a difference in the "clean" but may not be as apparent in the visual.
So Ron you feel that a rotary extractor is a must for a premium cleaner? Anything less is substandard cleaning? :shock:

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, Richard, if you called a plumber and he used one of those flat steel sewer tapes to unclog your line, do you think he did as good as of a job as the guy that used one of those electric rooter machines?

Connor

Name
Connor
Yes, but for how long.

And my question was "do you think he did as good of a job"?

Back
Top Bottom