White Magic IS out of business. (read first post)

Name
Tom McLaughlin
Mikey, it just doesn’t make any sense trying to hold a reasonable discussion on this. You were called out in your first couple of posts, you claimed they were closed but they were open, you edited the thread title several times followed by editing your first post all the while constantly changing your story around to suit your tastes. You’re now pontificating how you saved someone(s) from purchasing a WM truck mount, calling me a liar in my conversation with Art and please explain how I owe you money? Your behavior is irrational at best and quite immature and most unbecoming for a message board administrator. I already clearly stated my position, spelled it out long ago in this thread and have no need to go back and edit my posts like you do.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ACE said:
I just bought a Pro 1200 from a (Friend) a couple of months ago. It keeps burning up clutchs and may need a new shaft so I have been in contact with WM. I was told WM would reopen January 7th after the holidays. I'm sure there will be another way to get it running if WM is out but it will be a huge PIA. If they are gone, all 3 of my truckmounts will be out of production (steamway and WM).

I hope Mikey is full of chit. WM built simple well made machines and had good customer service.

If on Jan 7th WM is not answering the phone Mikey will say I told you, If the do start answring the phones you all know there will no apology from MP for this slander.

uhhhh whats wrong with those 2 statements???

Mikey P

Administrator
So Tom, how is it you are not aware of the closing (if you really are the biggest MW dealer stateside) or are you just not willing to man up and admit that your were lied to/misled...yet?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Lee Stockwell said:
"slander"?

Yes, It would be slander if untrue, but.................

This thread prompted me to call my local distributor and tell them to try making a few adjustments and throw another clutch in instead of waiting for a new shaft. They are hearing rumors of WM going belly up from multiple sources (not just internet chatter). :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
floorguy said:
ACE said:
I just bought a Pro 1200 from a (Friend) a couple of months ago. It keeps burning up clutchs and may need a new shaft so I have been in contact with WM. I was told WM would reopen January 7th after the holidays. I'm sure there will be another way to get it running if WM is out but it will be a huge PIA. If they are gone, all 3 of my truckmounts will be out of production (steamway and WM).

I hope Mikey is full of chit. WM built simple well made machines and had good customer service.

If on Jan 7th WM is not answering the phone Mikey will say I told you, If the do start answring the phones you all know there will no apology from MP for this slander.

Nothing. They make the best direct drive unit available. You can go years and thousands of hours without even looking at the machine in the van.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
floorguy said:
ACE said:

LOL, If I can’t find parts it might start to look like one of your set ups.

Mikey P

Administrator
If I am wrong which I'm not, I'll let my two sources come on and explain how they were duped.

I got to say, Tom's actions really puzzle me.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Well, nobody turned the phone lines off yet.
Nor did anyone put a recording on saying closed for the holiday. (Very suspicious).
We will see.

Mikey P

Administrator
Same reason you don't gossip about your competition Ken.

I honestly hope my early announcement DID keep some one from getting sucker punched .

Mikey P

Administrator
You know what Tom, Ive' thought about your statement today and all I can say is fuckoff pal :!:

Trying to turn this around on me because you cant admit that your were wrong show a real lack of integrity on your part.

when I made my original announcement here I knew I was right, I only "back peddled" because I had hopes that maybe an employee would find the money to purchase them company and I did want to interfere with any glimmer of hope.

I'll stand by may statement that you KNEW the goose was cooked when you were "laughing about this thread with Art Kelly two days ago.

Poor John Duda probably got forced by you and Paul to come here and make an ass of himself.

We dont take kindly to lairs around here Tom so fess up or get lost.

RickL

Wow I can't beleive Mike is still getting beat up over this, which apparently is turning out to be true.
Some guys like me are not doing millions per year in Carpet Cleaning and to have put a bunch of money down on one of these machines could have serious,serious impacts on our families and business. Anyone caught in the middle of an account/large customer filing Chapter 11 or bankruptcy usually loses.
Anyway Mike thanks for the heads up/

Name
Lee Stockwell
Remember when Evan covered for ACE getting deposits for machines at Connections, knowing d**n well they were toast.

I've know several get burned on now defunct manufacturers or distributors who were happy to take their money.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Caveat emptor

Let the buyer beware.

I never like to see anyone go under, I dislike it even more when possibly unscrupulous salespeople deny things merely for their own personal gain much to the detriment of others.

People that don't give a damn about others as long as they close a deal and get their money.

Even though this will have no effect on me in Australia, I do feel compassion for those that will lose in the end.

Kudos Mike for bringing this to everyones attention.

Ooroo,

:|

Name
Jesse
Unless you know someone was ripped off then I think that it's extremely rude (to WM) to say that anyone who made a deposit wouldn't have gotten a machine or a refund.

Many companies go out of business and default on their debts, however my experience is that many don't screw their customers or rip off anyone who didn't agree to supply them credit. I've been paid thousands that I thought I wouldn't from companies I dealt with that went out of business. The majority of companies that have ripped me or my company off are still in business.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Mikey P said:
You know what Tom, Ive' thought about your statement today and all I can say is fuckoff pal :!:
Trying to turn this around on me because you cant admit that your were wrong show a real lack of integrity on your part.

I'll stand by may statement that you KNEW the goose was cooked when you were "laughing about this thread with Art Kelly two days ago.

Poor John Duda probably got forced by you and Paul to come here and make an ass of himself.

We dont take kindly to lairs around here Tom so fess up or get lost.

Good one Mike. You've been implying Tom is a liar and a thief throughout this thread without knowing anything about him or Modernistic who he works for. Their's is one of the largest and best run carpet cleaning companies in this region every bit as successful as the more well known on the message boards Hagopian. Bob McDonald started it in around 1975 when I started my company and I have been dealing with them for decades. It's one of the finest companies I deal with. Their supply store doesn't have any White Magic machines on the floor they are trying to pawn off on unsuspecting customers as you implied.
As for Jon Duda, he came on the board to dispell you statements they were out of business because I called them that morning and and asked about it, he answered the phone and said he would respond.
And if White Magic was sold and next year they are selling TMs then this thread will be meaningless and misleading.

Mikey P

Administrator
Never said he was a thief Art.

But I would bet he is ling at this point to cover his ass.

No way my Supplier knew about it before Tom did.

and guess who told my guy about the closing and lay offs..?

John Duda. :shock:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Lee Stockwell said:
Remember when Evan covered for ACE getting deposits for machines at Connections, knowing d**n well they were toast.

I've know several get burned on now defunct manufacturers or distributors who were happy to take their money.

yeah but the difference here is if anyone that is buying a white magic they are buying one a distributor ALREADY has, at least they are GETTING a machine. The deal with Evan is 1 million times worse, knowing that someone was actually ripped off and didn't get a machine.

if you read the story of the lady who embezzled from the from the company, even if they were in business I still would not want to buy from them, because the owner is a DUMBASS who in the world goes off and leaves ANY business unattended for like 3 years. and then wonder how they got ripped off. the owner just checked out, didn't stop buy, didn't check the books, didn't want to see what was in the bank accounts, let me ask how in the world does it make sense to deal with a company like this??

Name
Lee Stockwell
Paul Richardson was badly injured in a motorcycle accident, was up in years, and thought he had a trusted manager in place to alert him of any problems. However, it turned out, she was the problem.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I just brought up Wm building on Google maps and right click,(what is here) it comes up as Atlantic Leasing. By the way. The bitch that ripped them off got 3 years and ordered to pay back $615,000. I have 2 Pro1200's and if I needed another machine today I would not hesitate to buy another one. So there!

I bougth a gym membership when I was 18. At that time I did not have very much money. I gave the business owner 450 dollars cash for a full year membership. The gym closed up two weeks later. The owner knew all and well he was going to close the doors, but he took my money anyways. I guess that is just human nature. Maybe he thought he would sell a hundred memberships that week. They sent all the members a letter saying they would re-open in a new location with better lease terms. That went on for a few months, but they never opened and I never got a dime back.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey, it just doesn’t make any sense trying to hold a reasonable discussion on this. You were called out in your first couple of posts, you claimed they were closed but they were open, you edited the thread title several times followed by editing your first post all the while constantly changing your story around to suit your tastes. You’re now pontificating how you saved someone(s) from purchasing a WM truck mount, calling me a liar in my conversation with Art and please explain how I owe you money? Your behavior is irrational at best and quite immature and most unbecoming for a message board administrator. I already clearly stated my position, spelled it out long ago in this thread and have no need to go back and edit my posts like you do.

This damn guy takes the cake. :lol: :lol:

and Art,

dude, are you preparing to look like the ultimate FOOL here?

randy

Name
Randy
Just a point of clarification: Their is no such thing as "slander or defamation of character" against a company. Anyone can give there opinion, prediction etc. regardless of how wrong they may be without fear of being sued. All these idiots threatening litigation to stop criticism of their product or service are just plain foolish. The Video professor tried suing several hundred people for calling his company a scam & criminal operation on various BBs. He ended up paying a settlement when they counter claimed and got stuck picking up their legal fees for abusing the system.

Threatening legal action over criticism of your business just identifies you as a total fool, and an uneducated one at that.

If everyone that threatened to sue Mikey actually had grounds, he would be living in the back of that Big truck. The Walmart parking lot would be his front yard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom