Will this machine clean hardwood floors just as good as dirt dragon or minuteman?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It couldn't possibly be any worse...

Jhc Matt, do you not absorb anything you read here?
I do. I’ve been using the 175 crb mop method and I’m looking for a more efficient method, so I’m doing some research on combining two of those three steps. I’ll probably use the 175red pad to strip acrylic in combination with one of those machines.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It couldn't possibly be any worse...

Jhc Matt, do you not absorb anything you read here?
I read your comments about how it doesn’t go deep enough to get all the dirt out. That’s why I’m thinking about paring it up with my buffer. This machine has to perform way better than just a mop. And look like it’s worth $1/sq ft also. It’s hard to prove to the customer that your mop bucket is worth $1/sq ft

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This was the method I used on that day it curled up. It was a race to keep it damp so I could rinse it. There’s too much time involved to let the water get too deep before you extract it

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I had the karcher branded version of this Br 40/10? seen them as windsors as well.
It did an ok job but looked the berrys, I didn't do enough to keep it... sold it to my brother for $100 more than I paid because I care

he's used it less

Reactions: Jimmy L

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Has anyone else used that Bona Power Scrubber above? I'm really wanting to get a machine like one of these to make the job more simpler and technician dummy proof for the future, so I'd like to know which one would do the best

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm considering getting one of these from my local Janitor supply.

I love that it holds 12 gallons, and that it has the crb method in front of it. I'm wondering if it sucks up all the slurry so the floor isn't too wet. What's your thoughts?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
its too big for residential its for malls supermarkets etc... you'll have tourettes before you get it inside

demo a karcher if you like grey
Screenshot_20190526-234245_Chrome.jpg
or a windsor if like blue..
Screenshot_20190526-234159_Chrome.jpg

..or use your TM after a 175 or crb scrub

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
its too big for residential its for malls supermarkets etc... you'll have tourettes before you get it inside

demo a karcher if you like grey
View attachment 91161
or a windsor if like blue..
View attachment 91162

..or use your TM after a 175 or crb scrub
I hate these stupid little chemical tanks on those machines. I'm targeting big hardwood floors, not little house rooms (12X14'). I just put a bid on a 35X75 room

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I hate these stupid little chemical tanks on those machines. I'm targeting big hardwood floors, not little house rooms (12X14'). I just put a bid on a 35X75 room
12 US gallons is around 45 litres
my 16" floor scrubber holds 30 litres and runs for around 40mins non stop on VCT without refilling in a supermarket..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don’t see why our suppliers are trying to sell us these little 3gallon tank machines then.

Anytime you have to stop to drain and fill the tank is worse than having to put the wand down to move the hoses.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
This was the method I used on that day it curled up. It was a race to keep it damp so I could rinse it. There’s too much time involved to let the water get too deep before you extract it

over three minutes of running a rotary over 40sf....
a 5 minute vid that could of been condensed to 43 seconds

any wood without a finish (like worn off) can get raised grain with any amount of water.

curled ends or buckling means it was flooded and stayed wet for some time
or...it's cheap crap laminate garbage

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
The problem with marketing wood floor CLEANING is that for almost the same price there are Craftsmen in your hood that will pad and recoat for just a bit more than you'll need to charge to make carpet cleaner money.

And for about twice your price a full sand and recoat can be found

90% of your estimates will be people looking for a cheap fix to a problem that those pos machines will only make worse.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Dultmeiers makes some "Misting" jets for car washes.
Would putting them on a hard surface wand work instead of regular T-jet or V-jet spray tips?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
over three minutes of running a rotary over 40sf....
a 5 minute vid that could of been condensed to 43 seconds

any wood without a finish (like worn off) can get raised grain with any amount of water.

curled ends or buckling means it was flooded and stayed wet for some time
or...it's cheap crap laminate garbage

..L.T.A.
I did very light, very low psi that day and had a snail van behind me. Did you see how light I misted the solution on the floor? Mikey’s suggestion using a tm is wrong.

There’s got to be another, more efficient way to do this and I have a customer that has 2500sqft of restaurant dining room hardwood that needs cleaned and 2 coats of gloss (at their request) on Monday the 3rd.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Dultmeiers makes some "Misting" jets for car washes.
Would putting them on a hard surface wand work instead of regular T-jet or V-jet spray tips?
That’s a good idea, but the moisture still sits too long on the floor after putting the 175 down, unless you have a 2nd person wanding right behind you.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And plus...I have sources that are lurkers on here that have said the dirt dragon and minuteman do a good job
The problem with marketing wood floor CLEANING is that for almost the same price there are Craftsmen in your hood that will pad and recoat for just a bit more than you'll need to charge to make carpet cleaner money.

And for about twice your price a full sand and recoat can be found

90% of your estimates will be people looking for a cheap fix to a problem that those pos machines will only make worse.
I just got the job that I put a bid of .75-$1.00/sq ft that I’m reserving the whole day for. My average day is $600-$800, about 1/3 of this one job. So it’s worth making an effort

There’s other people that have these machines who say the opposite? I’ve been asking.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
i did
if the edges curled, you simply didn't notice they were curled before you started

even 79 cent sf crap laminate won't curl that quick with that minimal mist.
a mop throws down more water than you misted

..L.T.A.
It might've been curled before. I didn't check. But it was real hardwood, not fake crap. Either way...I hated that process I did.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom